Thanked in
    387 Posts

I want the infinity symbol..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xXz21 View Post
    hard work? WTF. is simple and very easy maybe theys need 5-10 mins to do that what are u talking about?

theys can but theys never want do something.
    If you have never done what we're talking about don't go saying it is easy. Transitioning charsets opens up a ton of security vulnerabilities. For a TEAM of web developers to update say a fairly sophisticated chat (don't forget we're talking about an entire game) to UTF-8 would take 5-10 minutes at bare minimum. Not to mention securing it. On top of that, something like this will probably produce a ton of bugs which they then need to track down and fix.

Bottom line: Don't assume web development is simple. Go look up Object Oriented C++ tutorials. My guess is you'll give up after Hello World.
    AL: Applejaqs
    DL: Applejaqs
    PL: Saasitan

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Applejaqs View Post
    If you have never done what we're talking about don't go saying it is easy. Transitioning charsets opens up a ton of security vulnerabilities. For a TEAM of web developers to update say a fairly sophisticated chat (don't forget we're talking about an entire game) to UTF-8 would take 5-10 minutes at bare minimum. Not to mention securing it. On top of that, something like this will probably produce a ton of bugs which they then need to track down and fix.

Bottom line: Don't assume web development is simple. Go look up Object Oriented C++ tutorials. My guess is you'll give up after Hello World.
    wtf? seriously? u know programation? or u are a ''newbie'' trying to talk about c++ or C# code? maybe u have tryind to use the best easy program to ''program'' Visual Basic? jajaja..

Bugs? wtf theys are not going to implement any new ''character'' or ''pet'' or ''map'' is only a simple Letter can be added in the ''words'' is very simple and easy im a old Private game servers and i have translate all the metin2 client and BD to spanish from Chinesse. i have added many new stuff (visual, client and db) (db = Date base if u don't know) i use sql server + fttp + C++ code + Gr2 (3D) many programs (photoshop for visual maps, colors. 3D mark to design 3D weapond, armors, helm, mount..) if u think is ''hard'' u can go to find some tutorials jaja.. whatever add a simple ''Ñ'' should take 1000 hours of work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

hard work? WTF. is simple and very easy maybe theys need 5-10 mins to do that what are u talking about?

on top of that i add that using up memory for something we don't realy need is not uselful
    Last edited by Anarchist; 01-14-2014 at 08:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Cute problems you got there. Just think about all the Russians playing this game...
    <Enigmatic>
    Ludens necesse est, vivere non est necesse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

wtf? seriously? u know programation? or u are a ''newbie'' trying to talk about c++ or C# code? maybe u have tryind to use the best easy program to ''program'' Visual Basic? jajaja..

Bugs? wtf theys are not going to implement any new ''character'' or ''pet'' or ''map'' is only a simple Letter can be added in the ''words'' is very simple and easy im a old Private game servers and i have translate all the metin2 client and BD to spanish from Chinesse. i have added many new stuff (visual, client and db) (db = Date base if u don't know) i use sql server + fttp + C++ code + Gr2 (3D) many programs (photoshop for visual maps, colors. 3D mark to design 3D weapond, armors, helm, mount..) if u think is ''hard'' u can go to find some tutorials jaja.. whatever add a simple ''Ñ'' should take 1000 hours of work
    Right here, right now. Write a simple C++ OO SQL class. This forum has code tags so go for it. Prove to me you didn't just google that. And yes bugs can occur from transitioning charsets. You would of course know that if you knew what you were talking about. Yes I do know "programation". I freelance on my free time after work.

Before you respond, may I suggest we lose the attitude? The only thing you managed to tell me is you're more of a designer than what we're talking about.
    Last edited by Applejaqs; 01-14-2014 at 11:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Learn English. Problem solved.
    Hakuna Matatas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LordDravek View Post
    Learn English. Problem solved.
    I would really like the letter ñ in game. and I know english as u noticed...
    IGN: Sariita/Sariibites - AL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I want all symbols to be added even in igns for getting more cool look on top of our characters

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Right here, right now. Write a simple C++ OO SQL class. This forum has code tags so go for it. Prove to me you didn't just google that. And yes bugs can occur from transitioning charsets. You would of course know that if you knew what you were talking about. Yes I do know "programation". I freelance on my free time after work.

Before you respond, may I suggest we lose the attitude? The only thing you managed to tell me is you're more of a designer than what we're talking about.

google what? Lol C++, C# ,C+ is the basic to learn ''programation'' why i should google it? if u have a hobbie u can learn some programation be ur self.

for SQL i use Mysql to create the BD. to FFTP i use filezilla, to 3D i use GR2 extension with 3Dmark and 3Dviewer to checking it.

i don't have to prove u nothing. if u wanna learn some programation u can go to www.Diosesmx.net i have many years learning in that page with good programers (old Mod from it)

and for ur C++ u should do first the Code and them create the DB in SQL with the querys

c++ simple code example:

class Arcane Legends
    {
    private:

string email_;

string Character Name_;
    unsigned short Lv_;

then create the querys to send it

And no. im not a design. just a hobbie i learn something about 3-4 years ago.

i know this is not necesary to implement ''symbols'' but are cool IG bcus people do ''face'' with that. like -_- :/ :$ ñ.ñ O.ô Ô.ô ¬¬
    Last edited by xXz21; 01-14-2014 at 07:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Not going to quote anymore as it's getting quite long. First, C languages are high level languages. The basic that you need for any website is HTML. On top of that, CSS for the styling. That kind of proves to me you don't know.

You could google c++ class and get that... quite the basic indeed.

To transition from whatever charset they're using to handle unicode they have to do some specifics. Some being:
    - Transition all queries to handle UTF-8
    - Transition all security functions to recognize UTF-8 characters
    - Output all data in UTF-8

Some bugs that can occur since you said none could:
    - The common entities being displayed such as &example;
    - Data insertion not working properly i.e. syntax errors from any wronged query
    - Data output being too large for the chat container and messing with other properties of the game. Some people go crazy with emotes and will flood the chat.

Things that will occur after this that is making them think twice:
    - Players wanting UTF-8 on all games
    - Players wanting the symbols in their name
    - Exactly what is going on in this thread

While I agree that they should do it, I just state that they probably won't. Most chats are UTF-8 these days. Sts has their reasons for it seeing as how no dev has responded.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In year 2014 to be considered as a human being. U need to be able to communicate in English..not being able to communicate in English and u expect the game to add in yr language? I respect your bravery for that kind of request.

STS i have replied to those clowns on behalf of sts and the whole of human population. U may now close this thread as this a shame to the whole of human population.kan nin na bu xia suay xia si!
    Last edited by xunsungwar; 01-14-2014 at 09:05 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Not going to quote anymore as it's getting quite long. First, C languages are high level languages. The basic that you need for any website is HTML. On top of that, CSS for the styling. That kind of proves to me you don't know.

You could google c++ class and get that... quite the basic indeed.

To transition from whatever charset they're using to handle unicode they have to do some specifics. Some being:
    - Transition all queries to handle UTF-8
    - Transition all security functions to recognize UTF-8 characters
    - Output all data in UTF-8

Some bugs that can occur since you said none could:
    - The common entities being displayed such as &example;
    - Data insertion not working properly i.e. syntax errors from any wronged query
    - Data output being too large for the chat container and messing with other properties of the game. Some people go crazy with emotes and will flood the chat.

Things that will occur after this that is making them think twice:
    - Players wanting UTF-8 on all games
    - Players wanting the symbols in their name
    - Exactly what is going on in this thread

While I agree that they should do it, I just state that they probably won't. Most chats are UTF-8 these days. Sts has their reasons for it seeing as how no dev has responded.
    whatever u hacker i google all i just write the simple example. but whatever u should work in EA GAMES. lets go!

sure C lenguaje are high lv im agree with that i just say C++ is when u learn the good programation and not the ''Visual basic'' programation.. here u learn C Lenguage in the college (secondary)

sure u learn phyton and many more lenguage too. but C is the base.
    Last edited by xXz21; 01-14-2014 at 09:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Except c is not the base....c is very very different from vb and from any other language. C is useful because its cross platform compatible, doesn't need the .net framework, and is able to do kernel level processes much more easily than vb...to do kernel processes in vb...you've gotta use a c class to accomplish it. And python is generally gone to as its able to multithread easily without huge blocks of code. You wanna talk the base of it all....

Code yourself a hello world program in ASM and then pat yourself on the back for the 150 lines of code that couldve been accomplished with 5. C and VB are very different animals and the fact that I see you calling c the base of it is very revealing...any software engineer will tell you different languages are useful for different applications...and ASM is the base of it all, its machine code. C, vb, html, perl, python, java...all get disassembled into raw ASM before the pc even looks at it. And FTP...buddy that's a network protocol...not programming language...software engineer......

15. The Following User Says Thank You to smuggs For This Useful Post:

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

You don't have any clue on programming do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Stickbrains View Post
    your country/language is no more important than others. either change to add everything or stay the way it is
    I agree with you. There are a lot of Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnams etc. that I have played with in game imagine If all of them complains not having the characters they need for their language.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

the little kids would be cussing with the letters, though. sadly, thats what happens when you allow things like this. Even though its beneficial to some.
    lmao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

So basically, you're saying that STS needs to add every special character known to man to the chat keys....
    PL: Artaeon (Archer)
    AL: Artaeon (Rogue)

Read my Short, Heroic Love Poem!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

put In Hiragana And Konji While Your At it.
    Click the link to get to my new Signature Shop!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Imo Asian languages don't need a writing system like kanjii. There is the romanization system which is used to transcribe the sounds of the language into the Latin alphabet.

Japanese have the Hepburn romanization system for example.