Thanks Sam for doing this on your day off its helpful insight on why things are the way they are. I'll speak my own opinion but I think a lot of the community will agree with me. I got accustomed to having a level cap raise every few months and when that stopped I felt abandoned or that the end was near. In my mind the truly elite players were the ones that ground out that extra 100k xp before the next update came. A lot of players are wanting a new cap for the ring bonus or the unfinished story line. Pvp balances should be a priority because it seams to be a large portion of the complaints I read about.
This is where I'm not sure if the community agrees with me or not but 2014 could be a time for a change in direction for pl from level caps to quest achievements. One long quest for the next ring, cool weapon or vanity. That way you don't half to make 5 maps and bosses.(ichor style) I see I have been ninjaed by a few above me so I'll stop for now. Thanks for reading my rambling thoughts.