Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Why we didn't make a new expansion for Pocket Legends in 2013

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

not bad idea though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

And I spend more than 1000 euro...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sam, thanks so much for the post, as a former business owner I understand the decisions that need to be made to keep the business alive. Just to let you know I love playing PL. I did try AL today, found it a little busy, did like the whirling knives-thingy weapon, and the pets. But, there's just something about PL that is more fun. I hope in these 15 pages of comments you find some good ideas.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gigiwren For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gigiwren View Post
    Sam, thanks so much for the post, as a former business owner I understand the decisions that need to be made to keep the business alive. Just to let you know I love playing PL. I did try AL today, found it a little busy, did like the whirling knives-thingy weapon, and the pets. But, there's just something about PL that is more fun. I hope in these 15 pages of comments you find some good ideas.
    PL is more but why do you think more people play AL.

PL is fun but ends to quick, meaning it needs a lot more contents which is what they're having problems with.
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Devilfinn
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Xyzther For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzther View Post

Devilfinn
    What..?
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I guess most of us here just do not want Pocket Legends to die out to a newer game. Because Pocket Legends was the birth game of STS where all of us began. And also because some of us spent quite a lot of money on this game. But, from Sam's point of view, I kinda agree because if you had two choices to make

1) Trying to revive a game where many people are going to another game = making less money ( PL )

OR

2) Work on a game that has more people coming into = making more money ( AL )

I'm sure you would choose the one that makes more profit for you, am I right? But hey, I'm sure some of you might disagree with me because you might be talking crap and the fact that I'm only 16, lol. Maybe when they have the time, they'll eventually work on PL again. Like what Sam said, it was their birth game and I'm pretty sure the Devs will never ever let any game die because each one is their hardwork. It's just that some had more attention than others. That's bout' it I guess, don't hate mehhh, just trying to point out my view :c
    Thanks!

- iTanke

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Competitive View Post
    I guess most of us here just do not want Pocket Legends to die out to a newer game. Because Pocket Legends was the birth game of STS where all of us began. And also because some of us spent quite a lot of money on this game. But, from Sam's point of view, I kinda agree because if you had two choices to make

1) Trying to revive a game where many people are going to another game = making less money ( PL )

OR

2) Work on a game that has more people coming into = making more money ( AL )

I'm sure you would choose the one that makes more profit for you, am I right? But hey, I'm sure some of you might disagree with me because you might be talking crap and the fact that I'm only 16, lol. Maybe when they have the time, they'll eventually work on PL again. Like what Sam said, it was their birth game and I'm pretty sure the Devs will never ever let any game die because each one is their hardwork. It's just that some had more attention than others. That's bout' it I guess, don't hate mehhh, just trying to point out my view :c
    Thanks!

- iTanke
    Don't forget that if AL wasn't made then your lucky your still playing PL old boy. So thank them for their choices,
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    Don't forget that if AL wasn't made then your lucky your still playing PL old boy. So thank them for their choices,
    Not true. Do you think PL had a really bad income at one point, so STS was forced to make a new game? Of course not, SL was released when PLs income was at its best.

If they wouldn't go with the "make a new game and abandon all others" technique they'd be forced to update PL regularly.

Besides, I still think that PL has enough income to cover for its server cost if not more.
    Beware of the Tinfoil - it's coming...

Arendelle's in

deep

deep

deep

deep

snow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LEVEL ONE View Post
    Not true. Do you think PL had a really bad income at one point, so STS was forced to make a new game? Of course not, SL was released when PLs income was at its best.

If they wouldn't go with the "make a new game and abandon all others" technique they'd be forced to update PL regularly.

Besides, I still think that PL has enough income to cover for its server cost if not more.
    exactly. it's not a question of not making money or not making money. It's whether STG has decided they can make MORE money updating AL over PL, which would still make them money if they updated. So the decision is to chase MORE profits over addressing the loyal customers in PL. While in money terms, it might make sense, but in terms of customer satisfaction, it's a dangerous strategy. Once those PL players are turned off STG for good, they wont come back, and once other newer players see how the company abandons games when they think they can make a little more profit in another newer game (i.e. Battle Dragons), they will be wary about committing more funds to support the company. Once you lost the confidence of your customers, it brings about bad bad results.
    EdtheEagle - Lvl 76 bird a.k.a. "Yeti fodder".
    Curiositee - Lvl 76 mage a.k.a. farmer alt
    Edthe Rhino - Lvl 76 Rhino / Gold Mule ha ha

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chopper For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

I think they didnt abandon PL. I dont play PL, but from what I say they couldnt revive it even with 2 brand new classes came. AL only has 3 classes all the time, not even new skills or upgrades added, and we "basically" can only use 4 skills with 5 upgrades each.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

I read Sam's posts, I know what I read and from what he says, he said them words.. So don't argue with me.. Just a game mate get on with it now
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

I read Sam's posts, I know what I read and from what he says, he said them words.. So don't argue with me.. Just a game mate get on with it now
    Sam is working (or was) in public relations, which is another word for propaganda (I'm not making this up). Edward Bernays (Sigmund Freud's nephew) coined the term "public relations" in the 20s after WW1, for it to sound less mean than the word "propaganda", because people associated this term with war and therefore bad things in general. Bernays also defined Capitalism as it is today.

Their main job is to manipulate people and nothing they say can be trusted. Guess why they never release real numbers (like the PLs income over time). Make them post that, then we can talk.
    Last edited by LEVEL ONE; 02-08-2014 at 05:41 AM.

Arendelle's in

deep

deep

deep

deep

snow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Sam is working (or was) in public relations, which is another word for propaganda (I'm not making this up). Edward Byrnes (Sigmund Freud's nephew) coined the term "public relations" in the 20s after WW1, for it to sound less mean than the word "propaganda", because people associated this term with war and therefore bad things in general. Bernays also defined Capitalism as it is today.

Their main job is to manipulate people and nothing they say can be trusted. Guess why they never release real numbers (like the PLs income over time). Make them post that, then we can talk.
    Okay then, we are now talking about something else, I am only saying what Sam said. I am not saying this could of been his only choice, I agree with you, the company's can lie and trick their way around, would they rather be tiny and stay with pl? Maybe they could get a little bigger with pl but not as much as compared to what they're doing/or going to do now.

But then again, you yourself have no proof on what they are doing so you can only point out theories.
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Okay then, we are now talking about something else, I am only saying what Sam said. I am not saying this could of been his only choice, I agree with you, the company's can lie and trick their way around, would they rather be tiny and stay with pl? Maybe they could get a little bigger with pl but not as much as compared to what they're doing/or going to do now.

But then again, you yourself have no proof on what they are doing so you can only point out theories.
    I think we can all agree on that. STS would never be where it is today, if it wouldn't make other games.

All we are asking for is not to forget about us, since we deserve their attention and at least some kind of expansion, to say the least. Customer disloyalty might stab them in their back someday.
    Last edited by LEVEL ONE; 02-08-2014 at 04:38 AM.

Arendelle's in

deep

deep

deep

deep

snow.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to LEVEL ONE For This Useful Post:

Jig

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

I think we can all agree on that. STS would never be where it is today, if it wouldn't make other games.

All we are asking for is not to forget about us, since we deserve their attention and at least some kind of expansion, to say the least. Customer disloyalty might stab them in their back someday.
    They haven't shown any given up on PL yet! There are all sorts of possibilities in what can happen for pl just need some patience cause it may be a while or whenever who knows.. It's there choices
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Why we didn't make a new expansion for Pocket Legends in 2014
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Xyzther For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Default Why we didn't make a new expansion for Pocket Legends in 2013

So...
    Are thy working in a pvp update or anything?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default Why we didn't make a new expansion for Pocket Legends in 2013

Probably not but we can be hopeful for 1 good update for the next year! :P Idk I'll be happy to come back if something new is implemented and many more will too .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Just want a new cap lvl to 81.. With a new item to make my bird a 2piece at least... Doesn't have to be big anymore... Al is where it's at
    Veni Vidi Vici