Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Why we didn't make a new expansion for Pocket Legends in 2013

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default Why we didn't make a new expansion for Pocket Legends in 2013

Lol :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oldcoot View Post
    So many great ideas, I can see pl making stg more money if the effort is put into it
    I'm sure STG knows that their current customers will spend more money on AL - but what about new customers that don't have any sort of loyalty? They'll look around & see MMOs with better graphics, more features, etc etc.

Right now, we can all agree that PL is aging. I get that STG has to survive & expand, if the way that they're doing it is working - let them do it! If you don't like it, well, there are other options out there.

I've spent thousands on STG, but... I am OK with the fact that PL doesn't get anymore updates. Heck, I will be OK with the fact if AL is dropped too. PL has provided me with years of fun and so far, AL has been doing the same. If I have spent time & enjoyed myself, I do not regret a dime I have spent.

Think of it as a car - while it might be your favorite car, the car company cannot just release the same body type/model every year. Customers get bored and look elsewhere! The fact is that new grabs the attention of potential customers.

Also, if you think about it - if STG isn't a public company after nearly 4 years, there's a reason for it! It costs big time to go public.

Personally, the way I look at it is by keeping the servers running for PL & trying to chip in when they can is a thank you. I understand that y'all want more, but sometimes, it's best to cut your losses and move on. That's what I ended up doing with PL. Was it hard to start over? Sure, but I did see this coming so I went to their latest and greatest while I could.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

Gf, u win

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I'm sure STG knows that their current customers will spend more money on AL - but what about new customers that don't have any sort of loyalty? They'll look around & see MMOs with better graphics, more features, etc etc.

Right now, we can all agree that PL is aging. I get that STG has to survive & expand, if the way that they're doing it is working - let them do it! If you don't like it, well, there are other options out there.

I've spent thousands on STG, but... I am OK with the fact that PL doesn't get anymore updates. Heck, I will be OK with the fact if AL is dropped too. PL has provided me with years of fun and so far, AL has been doing the same. If I have spent time & enjoyed myself, I do not regret a dime I have spent.

Think of it as a car - while it might be your favorite car, the car company cannot just release the same body type/model every year. Customers get bored and look elsewhere! The fact is that new grabs the attention of potential customers.

Also, if you think about it - if STG isn't a public company after nearly 4 years, there's a reason for it! It costs big time to go public.

Personally, the way I look at it is by keeping the servers running for PL & trying to chip in when they can is a thank you. I understand that y'all want more, but sometimes, it's best to cut your losses and move on. That's what I ended up doing with PL. Was it hard to start over? Sure, but I did see this coming so I went to their latest and greatest while I could.
    I guess I would hope that AL would stand the test of time. Look at games like WoW that have been around for many years. While that game is obviously the premier MMORPG game, I don't see why AL cannot compete in the long run. In PL they made lots of mistakes with the economy and PvP balance, and I think that drove lots of players away. They attempted to fix some of those mistakes, but for some mistakes it was too late. If they manage the game well and avoid any big blunders, I don't see why a game like this cannot last for a very long time.

Remember this: For the same reason that players are reluctant to move from PL to AL, players are reluctant to leave any game they have invested time in for another game, unless they are absolutely bored or annoyed with the game. So if you manage the game well, update graphics and features as technology allows, and keep adding new and interesting content, you will keep the player base for the long term.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 01-18-2014 at 08:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I guess I would hope that AL would stand the test of time. Look at games like WoW that have been around for many years. While that game is obviously the premier MMORPG game, I don't see why AL cannot compete in the long run. In PL they made lots of mistakes with the economy and PvP balance, and I think that drove lots of players away. They attempted to fix some of those mistakes, but for some mistakes it was too late. If they manage the game well and avoid any big blunders, I don't see why a game like this cannot last for a very long time.

Remember this: For the same reason that players are reluctant to move from PL to AL, players are reluctant to leave any game they have invested time in for another game, unless they are absolutely bored or annoyed with the game. So if you manage the game well, update graphics and features as technology allows, and keep adding new and interesting content, you will keep the player base for the long term.
    WoW is a PC game, not a mobile, there's a difference.
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    WoW is a PC game, not a mobile, there's a difference.
    Soon WoW will have a mobile version and AL already has a PC version (on chrome). You are just talking about which device to play on. That is pretty unimportant in determining how long a game will be popular. As long as they continue to update the game to work with new devices and technology, and keep current in terms of graphics, there is no reason why the game shouldn't last a long time.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Soon WoW will have a mobile version and AL already has a PC version (on chrome). You are just talking about which device to play on. That is pretty unimportant in determining how long a game will be popular. As long as they continue to update the game to work with new devices and technology, and keep current in terms of graphics, there is no reason why the game shouldn't last a long time.
    I wasn't disagreeing with you, was just saying AL was really based on a mobile device, but I myself think al can last double the length of PL, probably longer the way they started like this!

Blizzard is a pretty large and successful company mostly based on computers where a lot of players are at, mobile mmo gaming is just the start, and sts took the lead
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

Well I'm back from al, stuck at lv 17 I have crap for gear 5k can't find anyone doing runs for xp . Start a game an people come an go never a solid team through a map. Die left and right cause of crap gear..... I could go on an on but sorry just can't get into al. In fact it's kinda made me angry trying

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Well I'm back from al, stuck at lv 17 I have crap for gear 5k can't find anyone doing runs for xp . Start a game an people come an go never a solid team through a map. Die left and right cause of crap gear..... I could go on an on but sorry just can't get into al. In fact it's kinda made me angry trying
    exactly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Patience young one, there's a certain lvl where you get Crackadackalin and you will like it cool of and come back another day or another hour ^^
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

Is crackadackin in a chest, an do I need plat to open it?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

i know pl doesnt have the attention unlike al but think about the things they did to make it right or atleast give some love for pl players they did

daily blessing for elixir , vanities, antenna (and plat's until they stop it because there will always be greed and people wanting more and more like what you see at general discussion etc.)

and for antenna's we have to wait or add all the dev's in game and go to them and wave to get antenna

they did humania expansion. just so others know those who capped 66 and 71 DIDN'T GET ELITE RING (2pc) as i recall i ask a dev ingame about this they said yes that 2pc ring will be granted but it didnt happen. yep that's right but it didn't stop us or myself from enjoying the game, sure i complained about this after that i moved on and enjoy the game.

BSM cap where dragon set's are made/introduce for everyone can have a close match to those who have elite ring's 3pc or 2pc and 2pc ring are granted at this point by the fallen prince at bsm

dont blame sts if you are bored or nothing to do in game anymore its JUST YOU maybe its time you move on take a break or something
    dont blame sts about not giving you new cap for ELITE RING'S ITS NOT THEIR FAULT YOU JUST STARTED PLAYING THIS GAME

you always have an option to quit or take everything in and move on.

correct me if my fact's are wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Nope, I've earned most of my money through farming and merchanting.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Jig

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Nope, I've earned most of my money through farming and merchanting.
    If you read the post that he replied to, you'd see what he was getting at

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

My failed attempt a being funny, I played some more this morning with same problems. Two people aren't going to kill bosses so farming is difficult. I haven't given up just yet I guess I need to go read al forums

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oldcoot:1433359
    lol^
    I have played my share of AL with a 17 and a 21. I will say I love the look of gear(dat grim reaper outfit mmm...), but I seriously hate 4 or 5 skills, more annoying than SL. Skill upgrading is cool, but doesn't quite make up for it. I can't quite figure out tanking, which is why I picked up a mage, which I find a bit more playable, although the lack of revive makes it kinda wierd. Not enough rogue playtime to comment.
    I wish the elixirs weren't right on hud(especially right where emotes are in pl).
    Stuff is so expensive and the crap drops I get are worth so little and they don't even liquidate high.

Timed map runs are pretty cool. Does make leaderboards much better than PL's.

It seems like a lot less to explore than PL. Like I remember when I first started, even months later I was finding hidden passages and new bosses.

Haven't tried any pvp, but from what I've heard I should wait till I'm capped with capped gold supply to buy gear/pet?

I don't have time to start all over again, make some new friends and stuff.

biggest con ofcourse is no rotating camera, I got super mario land for that.

Not gonna hate on it anymore, just not for me, enjoy your AL, people over there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

The problem for me is that I want to stick with a game, moving on to al doesn't solve the problem that STG may shift focus again.
    How odd is that, I want no other of STG's games to do better than the one I prefer so that my favorite one gets the attention.
    They want to make many games, and on a personal level I want them to be successful, but their shifting focus is the reason I'm playing other games.
    Besides, I still prefer pl to al (shock!!) O:
    -lv 35 smurf & few twinks
    Last edited by Suentous PO; 01-19-2014 at 11:32 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO:1433492
    The problem for me is that I want to stick with a game, moving on to al doesn't solve the problem that STG may shift focus again.
    How odd is that, I want no other of STG's games to do better than the one I prefer so that my favorite one gets the attention.
    They want to make many games, and on a personal level I want them to be successful, but their shifting focus is the reason I'm playing other games.
    Besides, I still prefer pl to al (shock!!) O:
    ^much exactly

k I finally start AL---and now Slayer Legends: "we like to call this PL3"!!!! Millions of players!!!! Our biggest hit yet!!!!
    It's cool and all, STS needs to be growing their business got that 100%.
    They are killing many of the vets that made this comunity great like Crimsontider, Mysticaldream, Apollo(not sure of this got rebirthed as Zeus? Not same guy though), Whirlz, many more to list. You see old players return to PL and see how it's fallen like royce. When I look at AL forums it's just not the same, and I don't mean that as in "Ofc, it's different people, retard..." But a lot of players when I was a noob and would only read the forums because I was too terrible to post on them.

I mean good luck but just more people are gonna leave I fear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Another post:
    Ideas for updates.

-world clock on screen with time zone converter
    -alert system when items you are selling are sold
    -alerts when items you are watching in cs are posted ( also a system that allows you to track items in cs )
    -cs in guild hall
    -guild bulletin board for info I be posted by master that guildies can read
    -iPhones first team speak integration
    -ability to use any character with any skill set pick at random
    -tradeable pets
    -anyone else have ideas?
    AvidLegend - lvl 76 True Legend, Scavengerhunt- lvl 76 Elite Rhino, AvidTank - lvl 76 SpankTank
    *​I'm an Avid Player of Pocket Legends*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AvidLegend View Post
    Another post:
    Ideas for updates.

-world clock on screen with time zone converter
    -alert system when items you are selling are sold
    -alerts when items you are watching in cs are posted ( also a system that allows you to track items in cs )
    -cs in guild hall
    -guild bulletin board for info I be posted by master that guildies can read
    -iPhones first team speak integration
    -ability to use any character with any skill set pick at random
    -tradeable pets
    -anyone else have ideas?
    These are really cool ideas.