Thread: Constant heavy lag no ping/red ping 1100+

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Constant heavy lag no ping/red ping 1100+

Apologies if this thread already exists but for the past 2 weeks I'm experiencing serious lag with no ping or red ping 1100+. I've tried all the usual stuff to rectify this problem but I can't fix it.

I'm sure a lot of you will recognise these symptoms I'm about to tell you. Typically when playing CTF or DM, other players freeze in their current position but I'm still able to wander around. I can't attack opponents or pick up their flag or get hearts. Other times I press shadow dance and nothing happens and I just keep walking, then 10 secs later I whizz over the ground at super fast speed back to my original spot. I often get attacked by other pvp players not visible to me which inevitably ends in myself dying, and the respawn can takes ages to happen.

It's not lag spikes, just constant lag from the minute I log on. I've never had this problem before up and have no choice but to stop playing.

My device: iPad mini running the latest iOS 7.0.4
    My connection: Fast Broadband

I've since reset my broadband several times and carried out speed tests which results in no issues. I've turned off Email Push, all items in Notification Centre and all other Applications. I've experience small bouts of lag in the past but nothing on this scale. I've made no changes to my device in the last 2 weeks and cannot work out why this is happening.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issues. I'm assuming iOS ppl connect to a different server than Android and Chrome users and wander if this is an iOS issue or just me. I'd appreciate any help/advice.

Thanking you in advance.

Fiio

In the depth of hell having a drink with that bastard hades
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

i had the same issue for some reason i had very fast internet 150-200 and just suddenly out of nowhere it became 800-1100 ping around 2 weeks ago but today in the afternoon it just went back to normal like you i tried everything resetting my wifi changing my device and nothing worked it just out of nowhere went back to normal today try to connect to your neighbors internet or maybe to go a cafe if the problem is still there try connecting on a different device to try to pin point the problem ,also check if any apps are running at the same time if this problem continues then go to this site : http://support.spacetimestudios.com/ and post the problem there they might be able to help you more than i can ^_^
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=114903&dateline=13874  76753
    Screw The System #IGN's : Hellprince,Deadlywhisper,nopromises,eowyn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And just like magic my lag disappeared! No changes to device or wifi... I had a sweet spot for about 4-5 days then it started lagging again but not so bad this time. What frustrates me the most is the inconsistency of the playability. One day it's fine, next two weeks are dire and so on. Are we periodically connecting to different servers? So e slower than others? I'd just like to know -.-

Btw thx hellprince for your input.