Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The problem with hammers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    Runs are always slower when using that targe, at least thats how i feel about it. I used Targe, mythic pavise, entombed, architect but i always came back to my 200 gold dev maul.
    The only advantage to the targe is that it adds a little bit of surviability but it is only slighty noticeable. The dev also has a nice proc and good mana so i can continously spam my skills.
    It all comes down to your style of play, if you are more passive and only use your heal while saving on those mana and hp potions then go with the targe or any other shield. If you like to engage and actually make the run faster and smoother then go with a damage weapon.
    If you find yourself in a case where the mage is really useless and the party has to rely on your taunts for crowd control and you really can't deal with the incoming damage then you could switch to the targe.
    If the party has.more than one tank then the targe is completely useless.

For all the km3 runners out there: please stop using pavise or targe, it really isn't helping the party in any way.
    I don't believe at all that a devourer maul is better than an entombed warfare or architect blade of assault.

Also, we were talking about running elite, not km3. Regular maps are so easy you can use all crate gear and a lep there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    Runs are always slower when using that targe, at least thats how i feel about it. I used Targe, mythic pavise, entombed, architect but i always came back to my 200 gold dev maul.
    The only advantage to the targe is that it adds a little bit of surviability but it is only slighty noticeable. The dev also has a nice proc and good mana so i can continously spam my skills.
    It all comes down to your style of play, if you are more passive and only use your heal while saving on those mana and hp potions then go with the targe or any other shield. If you like to engage and actually make the run faster and smoother then go with a damage weapon.
    If you find yourself in a case where the mage is really useless and the party has to rely on your taunts for crowd control and you really can't deal with the incoming damage then you could switch to the targe.
    If the party has.more than one tank then the targe is completely useless.

For all the km3 runners out there: please stop using pavise or targe, it really isn't helping the party in any way.
    couldnt agree more.