Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Elite XP! A temporary but possibly permanent end to a new Pl cap?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Yeah. Bring up to l.71 from Humania and Fire Forest elites because new players can't earn them. Bring back Black Dragon, because give little better stats, bring Legend Leading items and Founder.
    <Polish Legends Facebook>
    PL: Gibol, Gibolek, Gibolmag, Gibolol, Gibololo, GibolRanger
    AL: Gibol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

^ Such a smart guy, but bringing those irrelevant and almost off toppic arguments again. Well give my the last try to explain you that HUGE difference between Elite rings and all the exact cap exclusive items like Leading Legend, L71 bsm elites and even more different case about founders helm.

Reading this (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...egendary-Rings) you actually could figure that already.

Each level cap brought some special and exclusive items, only related to that one exact cap. By these I mean cap vanities, which should really stay special, then some special cap rewards you talk about. (Actually, Leading Legend sets are even more different, and discutable, because there were 2 ways how to obtain, so capping was not 100% required, yeah, this may be possibely brought back, because it's not pure "cap" reward). I will not comment founders again, I did like three times before and its still the same. I hope you just pretend to be that blind if you mix it up in this ring matter.

On the other hand, Elite rings are deffinitely NOT related to SOME EXACT cap, but to level caps in general. Even now, there is no difference between ring for player, who is real legend and made l56, l61 and l66 (+ l71 and l76) caps, and some other one who was "lazy or new" (using your words to show you how stupid it sounds) and made l66, l71 and l76 cap "only". Why aren't you mad about this already?

I will tell you why, because there is no reason to be. All those 3 times capped players deserve their special items as well as the same ring, no matter which caps they made.

This idea is (again, repeated many times) about adding some virtual capping oportunity in the mean time, because there is no real new cap on horizon. Thats why, I consider all your arguments as not very appropriate here.

So, I really tried to explain my point. I accept disagreement about the idea, but please be constructive, do not repeat over and over some fabulated rights and rules, which have never been true. Don't talk about deserving, unless you have some smart statement to clarify, what do you think is required to deserve anything. Think perspectively and globally, not just about your private avail.

Thanks for reading

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BroadCastle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gibol1412 View Post
    Maybe, but your idea in this thread is not resolution. If pvp is problem there are many other solution to fix it, but give a ring to person that not deserve it is just ridiculous. And 300,000 xp? Seriously? I think fair would be 3,000,000 xp. Why? Because when people hit 56, 61, 66 and even 71 there was no dailly blessing with 3x combo elixir, 2x xp week elixir and even 2x xp weekends, and they couldn't play in mega maze. All this stock with platinum elixirs.
    Actually, there was elixirs implemented near the end of the Sewer cap, and elixirs all through Nuris cap. I don't think players did mega maze, they had a place that was 2x as fast. Magic castle I believe, and that was insanely fast with a team. Also, as a I capped in the fang cap, with only thrashers, it was already 10k-15kxp per hr. Bsm is 7k-10kxp o'er hr. Big difference.

Do you realize how much xp 3m xp is???? If you did 8k xp per hour at bsm, and you grinded 3m xp, that would take 375 HOURS! That's a little over 15 and a half days! Lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IGN Storm View Post
    That was pretty rude. Not all facts needs to be heard. And try to use words in a more positive connotation. Ex: I also remember you quitting because of PvP and cuz of football and because you have some IRL problems to tend to.
    My first comment to him was vague about him his quitting the game. (Below) He chose to bring up why he left, however he missed all the other times he quit.

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    Steven u were able to obtain these items you chose not to. You are a founder. You chose to leave the game and takes breaks. All your choices. Stop regretting the decisions you made and own them.

@ Zeus

Where do you pull your statistics from? The few ppl in this thread? Have you looked at other threads? Did you leave AL and come in game and take a poll?

The reason ppl are leaving problem isn't ring. It's that the caps are coming out. If it was about three piece rings everyone who has a three piece ring would have stayed. Why did you leave?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Argyros View Post
    Actually, there was elixirs implemented near the end of the Sewer cap, and elixirs all through Nuris cap. I don't think players did mega maze, they had a place that was 2x as fast. Magic castle I believe, and that was insanely fast with a team. Also, as a I capped in the fang cap, with only thrashers, it was already 10k-15kxp per hr. Bsm is 7k-10kxp o'er hr. Big difference.

Do you realize how much xp 3m xp is???? If you did 8k xp per hour at bsm, and you grinded 3m xp, that would take 375 HOURS! That's a little over 15 and a half days! Lol.
    Daily blessings, double week long and free elixirs weren't implemented in sewers. Ppl did not really start using xp anywhere till Humania. and both maze and Magic were used. I don't think Magic was 2x as fast as Maze

If someone today tried to gain 100k xp they can possible get 3x in daily blessing, double weeklong and thrasher. That doesn't compare to grinding in Sewers, Nuri or Fang.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Daily blessings, double week long and free elixirs weren't implemented in sewers. Ppl did not really start using xp anywhere till Humania. and both maze and Magic were used. I don't think Magic was 2x as fast as Maze

If someone today tried to gain 100k xp they can possible get 3x in daily blessing, double weeklong and thrasher. That doesn't compare to grinding in Sewers, Nuri or Fang.
    Gold elixirs and thrashers ect were implemented at the end of sewers. Free dailys were not, weeklong was not, and daily blessing was added in the bsm cap I believe. Incorrect. Enable xp elixirs were added in Dec of 2011 I'll edit in the link, nuris started in September. It may not be 2x as fast, but its definitely faster.

I capped in fang, and I only used 5 thrashers. It was not hard whatsoever. I was also a pally lol. I'll dig up some older threads to find how long it took to cap tho.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Go to docs timelime..
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Default Elite XP! A temporary but possibly permanent end to a new Pl cap?

Gold elixirs and thrashers ect were implemented at the end of sewers. Free dailys were not, weeklong was not, and daily blessing was added in the bsm cap I believe. Incorrect. Enable xp elixirs were added in Dec of 2011 I'll edit in the link, nuris started in September. It may not be 2x as fast, but its definitely faster.

I capped in fang, and I only used 5 thrashers. It was not hard whatsoever. I was also a pally lol. I'll dig up some older threads to find how long it took to cap tho.

09/01/11

- New Campaign – Nuri's Hallows + Level Raise [61 Cap]

11/14/11

- New Campaign – Mount Fang + Level Raise [66 Cap]

12/02/11

- Added Activate XP everywhere Elixir (However it wasn't widely used till Hum cap, crypt and maze gave about the same xp per hour with a good team both could so about 15k)

06/19/12

- New Campaign – Humania + Level Raise [71 Cap]

07/26/12

- New Seven Day Double XP Elixir

09/19/12

- Daily Blessing added

10/18/12

- New Campaign – Blacksmoke Mountain + Level Raise [76 Cap]

And if we want to get real technical. I don't see any nor remember any double xp weekends before 4-6-12 which means it was not in Sewers or Nuri

And xp needed to level up was reduced 11/14/12 during Fang.

I just don't see how 100k xp now is comparable to back then.

***Thanks Doc for having all the info available***

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

09/01/11

- New Campaign – Nuri's Hallows + Level Raise [61 Cap]

11/14/11

- New Campaign – Mount Fang + Level Raise [66 Cap]

12/02/11

- Added Activate XP everywhere Elixir (However it wasn't widely used till Hum cap, crypt and maze gave about the same xp per hour with a good team both could so about 15k)

06/19/12

- New Campaign – Humania + Level Raise [71 Cap]

07/26/12

- New Seven Day Double XP Elixir

09/19/12

- Daily Blessing added

10/18/12

- New Campaign – Blacksmoke Mountain + Level Raise [76 Cap]

And if we want to get real technical. I don't see any nor remember any double xp weekends before 4-6-12 which means it was not in Sewers or Nuri

And xp needed to level up was reduced 11/14/12 during Fang.

I just don't see how 100k xp now is comparable to back then.

***Thanks Doc for having all the info available***
    Yup as I said, enable xp elixirs were available during fang, (wasn't sure for nuris) weeklong came later, so did blessing. Gold elixirs were available throughout sewers on up. Bsm is one of the hardest campaigns I've seen in pl, if your unelixered. Nest is practically the only boss that is possible to solo as a non tank class, even then its difficult. My point is, in bsm its 7k-10k with a thrasher+ a weeklong. Its a Lil more if you have 3x. I have experimented, in fang it was 10k+ per hr with just a thrasher. I cannot be absolutely sure on nuris and sewers, but I'll take your word for it.
    Are you suggesting that it should be around 125k xp, while leveling to elite I or elite II?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

^ Angeldawn

True, all true. So, capping is easier now, well I agree with this content.

What am I asking is this: Why nobody complained on l76 cap iself? It ALSO brought 3pc rings to some players, and NO NEW RING for these characters which already had it. You did not brag about that before, even if we all know how easy is to cap 76, especially with so looong time for that. In this idea, reaching new virtual cap would still be more difficult, than basic L76, so whats the problem actually?

I really dont see any difference in this, so I really dont understand your complaints about ease or unfairness. None has brought one single argument to couter this so far. The only acceptable argument I can see in all disagreeing posts is: I simply don't like others to have the same ring. Really guys, I'm sorry but everyting else about deseving, exclusivity, eliteness etc is irrelevant, since you consider the upper fact I mentioned. Or isn't it? I'd be glad for someone to bring some considerable counter-oppinion.
    Last edited by BroadCastle; 01-24-2014 at 10:42 AM. Reason: spelling bugs as usual :)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BroadCastle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

My first comment to him was vague about him his quitting the game. (Below) He chose to bring up why he left, however he missed all the other times he quit.

@ Zeus

Where do you pull your statistics from? The few ppl in this thread? Have you looked at other threads? Did you leave AL and come in game and take a poll?

The reason ppl are leaving problem isn't ring. It's that the caps are coming out. If it was about three piece rings everyone who has a three piece ring would have stayed. Why did you leave?
    People leave for a majority of reasons. A contributing factor is the ring. In AL, there are A LOT of former PL players who did left because of the unfair advantage PL veterans constantly received. Heck, some people don't start PL for that very reason. There are many people I can speak to in AL and they all say the same thing:
    • too many levels
    • permanent stat advantage
    • terrible graphics

Yes, caps aren't coming out - however, do you are telling me in order to get new players to say your marketing pitch is: "Caps come out every 5-6 months, so if you play for 1 and a half years, you will finally be able to be on equal footing as the veterans of PL." Is that a joke? That's essentially what you are saying.

So, yes, I did my research before saying what I said. If I asked PL players, that would defeat the purpose as they are already playing Pocket Legends. So, the best results come from former PL players and prospective PL players.

In AL, you grind 26k XP with a .5 xp boost being your highest boost. So, the grinding is roughly the equivalent of PL and XP per hour is much much slower. Yet, despite grinding to the elite cap - all they get is a vanity banner. There's no permanent stat advantage - the advantage is individual to that campaign:
    • Access of L36 Elite Gear
    • Access to farm L36 Elites
    • Advantages in PvP
    • Unique banner to signify which campaigns your character has capped
    Last edited by Zeus; 01-24-2014 at 11:20 AM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BroadCastle View Post
    ^ Angeldawn

True, all true. So, capping is easier now, well I agree with this content.

What am I asking is this: Why nobody complained on l76 cap iself? It ALSO brought 3pc rings to some players, and NO NEW RING for these characters which already had it. You did not brag about that before, even if we all know how easy is to cap 76, especially with so looong time for that. In this idea, reaching new virtual cap would still be more difficult, than basic L76, so whats the problem actually?

I really dont see any difference in this, so I really dont understand your complaints about ease or unfairness. None has brought one single argument to couter this so far. The only acceptable argument I can see in all disagreeing posts is: I simply don't like others to have the same ring. Really guys, I'm sorry but everyting else about deseving, exclusivity, eliteness etc is irrelevant, since you consider the upper fact I mentioned. Or isn't it? I'd be glad for someone to bring some considerable counter-oppinion.
    Broadcastle speaks the truth.

I'd highly appreciate it if people could bring logic into debates versus fallacious counter arguments.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I just don't like AL. To me it doesn't have the same community feel to it and is less sophisticated. In my opinion it feels kinda limited.

Why Did peeps leave PL
    I bet a lot of people just got bored with PL and wanted to try something new.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

The thing is if we make the requirements 300k exp in 3 months, the free players are screwed. And yes, magic castle is much faster than mega maze. With a good group, someone would run down the left, another in the middle, and someone on the left. They meet at the end with 3x the aggroed mobs as mega maze, assuming mega maze even has places where mobs are so densly packed.

Why cant we ask for a poll on this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Yup as I said, enable xp elixirs were available during fang, (wasn't sure for nuris) weeklong came later, so did blessing. Gold elixirs were available throughout sewers on up. Bsm is one of the hardest campaigns I've seen in pl, if your unelixered. Nest is practically the only boss that is possible to solo as a non tank class, even then its difficult. My point is, in bsm its 7k-10k with a thrasher+ a weeklong. Its a Lil more if you have 3x. I have experimented, in fang it was 10k+ per hr with just a thrasher. I cannot be absolutely sure on nuris and sewers, but I'll take your word for it.
    Are you suggesting that it should be around 125k xp, while leveling to elite I or elite II?
    Blacksmoke is hard for You maybe. In past Belefort Sewers, Nuri's Hallows and Mount Fang was much more hard.

Each level cap brought some special and exclusive items, only related to that one exact cap. By these I mean cap vanities, which should really stay special, then some special cap rewards you talk about.
    I'm sorry are You tirded? Elite Cap vanities are special, because they give elite rings. Elite Rings are part of this special items.
    ^ Such a smart guy
    And please keep your sarcasm to people You know. I know You got 2pc ring with Black Dragon and You can craft this in one ring. I'm sorry for You, but some things are impossible to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Eearay View Post
    I just don't like AL. To me it doesn't have the same community feel to it and is less sophisticated. In my opinion it feels kinda limited.

Why Did peeps leave PL
    I bet a lot of people just got bored with PL and wanted to try something new.
    And that's true reason. Not elite rings. People want new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno Email View Post
    Rings of Valiant Glory will be worked into the equation. (Have to take care of my hardcore players, by giving you some SUPER-primo stuff to work towards! )
    Last edited by gibol1412; 01-24-2014 at 01:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

I'm pretty sure when BSM came out you could get 7k- 10k an hour in Valley on just thrashers. With a good team.

As for why no one complained about capping at 76, because it is what was available to everyone. The ring was rewarded for capping. Now you are trying to change that. If you are trying to make up for missing past caps. They should equal the difficulty.

BSM is a hard campaign but is it any different than the previous campaigns when playing at the level and no elixir? Beside Humania

What about
    Overlord without a bird
    It used to take 10 mins to kill keeper
    How about Captive Audience
    The time it takes to kill king and queen
    Trash heaps massive damage
    Gold Fever wipe outs
    Gravestoned one shot kills by mobs
    Aunt Emma
    Vlod
    Edward

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

I'm pretty sure when BSM came out you could get 7k- 10k an hour in Valley on just thrashers. With a good team.

As for why no one complained about capping at 76, because it is what was available to everyone. The ring was rewarded for capping. Now you are trying to change that. If you are trying to make up for missing past caps. They should equal the difficulty.

BSM is a hard campaign but is it any different than the previous campaigns when playing at the level and no elixir? Beside Humania

What about
    Overlord without a bird
    It used to take 10 mins to kill keeper
    How about Captive Audience
    The time it takes to kill king and queen
    Trash heaps massive damage
    Gold Fever wipe outs
    Gravestoned one shot kills by mobs
    Aunt Emma
    Vlod
    Edward
    What was Alien Oasis cap award? And you don't need to fight bosses to cap. Most players who train just run hideout and crypt while skipping the bosses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IGN Storm View Post
    What was Alien Oasis cap award? And you don't need to fight bosses to cap. Most players who train just run hideout and crypt while skipping the bosses.
    I was replying to this, where he stats hardest campaign not hard to cap.

Bsm is one of the hardest campaigns I've seen in pl, if your unelixered. Nest is practically the only boss that is possible to solo as a non tank class, even then its difficult.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

I think people are missing BroadCastle's point about how caps have progressed, so let me see if I can give it a shot to explain it in a timeline, which might be clearer.

First, Fang was released. This made it possible for the first "3 vanity" bonus to be acquired (no rings yet, but the stat boosts were there). Only those who had completed both Sewers and Nuri's before got the 3-piece bonus.

Second, Humania was released. This made it possible for those with any 3 of the previous 4 to get the 3-piece bonus. Those who already had the 3-piece bonus from Fang+Nuri+Sewers got nothing additional by capping.

Third, BSM was released. It was now possible for those with any 3 of the previous 5 to get the 3-piece bonus (given through rings now, but it was all the same net effect). Those who already had 3-piece bonus from the previous 4 caps got nothing additional by capping.

So for both Humania and BSM releases, those who already had the 3-cap bonus saw other players catch up with them bonuswise by capping at the new places. The original cappers lost their special advantage to those who made up the gap in the new areas. They didn't come on the forums raging about how these "undeserving" late-comers are getting exactly the same reward even though they didn't do all the earlier caps that the original group did.

So now there's a discussion about ways for the new crop of players to catch up. And the main argument against it is that they shouldn't get access to the same content because they wouldn't be earning it the same way. But this was true when people capped at Humania and/or BSM. Those people caught up to the "original" bonus-earners and leveled the playing field by earning the same bonus even though they *gasp* didn't take exactly the same path to get there. Yet there was no hue and cry about it being "unfair" back then. Therefore, the only valid argument that can be mustered at this point is about how much effort it should take for current players to have their own chance to level the playing field. And we know exactly what that effort is: 100k XP times how ever many caps they still need to make up the difference. That's the exact formula that's been in place for all caps for two years now.

I've read several proposals now that satisfy this 100k per cap formula. Anyone who argues against players catching up by doing this work is doing so out of pure selfishness. You didn't come out and scream "unfair" when Humania and BSM cappers caught up to players who already had their bonuses in hand, so you can't justify suddenly deciding it's unfair to propose to do exactly the same thing now that PL is stuck with a permanent, insurmountable disadvantage built into the game for anyone who has joined in the last two years.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fusionstrike For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionstrike View Post
    I've read several proposals now that satisfy this 100k per cap formula. Anyone who argues against players catching up by doing this work is doing so out of pure selfishness. You didn't come out and scream "unfair" when Humania and BSM cappers caught up to players who already had their bonuses in hand, so you can't justify suddenly deciding it's unfair to propose to do exactly the same thing now that PL is stuck with a permanent, insurmountable disadvantage built into the game for anyone who has joined in the last two years.
    It's just everybody can have diffrent opinions. Furthermore STS will not take into account few opinions from few players.