Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Elite XP! A temporary but possibly permanent end to a new Pl cap?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Argyros:1439139
    Quote Originally Posted by ImHawk View Post
    giving everyone to catch up just isnt fair...
    might as well give everyone to have a chance at getting the egg so they can "catch up"
    sometimes life isnt fair..
    if you miss your opportunity thats that....
    not trying to make STS available to you because you were either to lazy to cap or you came late
    I understand that not everything is fair. This thread is not meant to find new ways for a player to obtain an egg. The egg won't last because it is a l76 item, new items may come. Rings will always be important.
    The same players don't always have to stay above everyone else. Is that what you want? Is that what you think is fair? Letting older players stay above regular players stat-wise? Forever? That is exactly what will happen.
    It is completley fair because unlike new players the older players earned every bit of it. For capping 83k-100k xp 3+ times

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VVake View Post
    It is completley fair because unlike new players the older players earned every bit of it. For capping 83k-100k xp 3+ times
    The idea is that new players should be able to have an opportunity to grind the 100k xp 3+ times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

yes so wait patiently for the cap..
    they came late so what? STS: oh i feel terribly sorry here is a founders helm and all the vanities that you missed out on
    erm no
    Um, if you re read I said the vanities were exclusive, meaning not obtainable. And wait patiently for a cap that may or may not come, let alone anywhere in the near future? Okay....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Ok put it like this you had a chance to get a job interview and you showed up late so you didn't get the job it happens and you wait for your next chance, sometimes you will have to wait longer and right now that is the case they came later something popped up and they couldn't make it on time. They made something for the players who don't have 2-3piece, it's called dragon rings which are very comparable to 2piece rings. I have classes with no rings and I do just fine with them and I can match with players with 3piece rings, I've never used the excuse of rings. I waited and worked hard for my ring and now I think it's the others turn to wait. Yea I know what you're gonna say, you've said the same thing the 5previous pages "they should have a chance blahblahblah" and "its not their fault they werent there blahblahblah" I can say it's not my fault I didn't cap at sewers and nuris so give me the bonuses others got, no it doesn't work like that....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VVake View Post
    If you didn't read through the thread, one of the factors to this suggestion, is that a player must (to get elite ring)-
    •1st, reach level 76. (100kxp from 75-76)
    •2nd, complete all the elite quests. (Ie shadow minion)
    •3rd, they must go to fallen prince, start new xp gain, and grind up 100k more xp purely from bsm.
    •4th, they must complete another elite quest, after which they may get a 2pc ring or finish off their 3pc ring.
    •5th, they must start another xp gain (100k xp), which is from bsm only again.
    •6th, they must complete another difficult elite quest, after which they may craft a 3pc.

If someone did all that, how would they not deserve it? Is it simply because they are newer to the game? Well, the players who capped in sewers were new to the game as well. Why not give new players the chance to earn every bit of it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

I'm done here this is a waste of time, you guys just don't understand that this was given to the players who played previous caps.

Ciao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cheenivie View Post
    I'm done here this is a waste of time, you guys just don't understand that this was given to the players who played previous caps.

Ciao
    Actually, it's given to players who hit multiple caps, previous is not the word for it, as it's any caps, including future. It's not a reward for capping at a certain cap, that is the vanity.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stevenmc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenmc View Post
    Actually, it's given to players who hit multiple caps, previous is not the word for it, as it's any caps, including future. It's not a reward for capping at a certain cap, that is the vanity.
    If it's not a reward for capping what is it? A reward for eating a cookie?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

If it's not a reward for capping what is it? A reward for eating a cookie?
    lol cheen lets just take a rest from this...
    not getting anywhere
    now lets go wreck family

Thank You Aaroniero Arruruerie!
    Proud Member of Restoration

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

lol cheen lets just take a rest from this...
    not getting anywhere
    now lets go wreck family
    I think neither sides will get anywhere, as we are both very opinionated haha. Lets agree to disagree, I'm at dinner. I'd be happy to join in this wrecking tho! bye!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I'm just saying, unless you are an original Crown of Persistence 3 piece set holder - you don't really have the right to give an opinion on the matter because you too were given the chance at elite rings, were you not? Now, when other people are asking for that same opportunity - you say no? Give me a break!

Originally, the Humania Crown did not apply the vanity bonus and did not complete the set.

Food for thought & something to consider.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I'm just saying, unless you are an original Crown of Persistence 3 piece set holder - you don't really have the right to give an opinion on the matter because you too were given the chance at elite rings, were you not? Now, when other people are asking for that same opportunity - you say no? Give me a break!

Originally, the Humania Crown did not apply the vanity bonus and did not complete the set.

Food for thought & something to consider.
    As I said earlier I had a chance to cap them and i didn't that's my fault I still pvped while others had a set bonus and I didn't really complain about it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

As I said earlier I had a chance to cap them and i didn't that's my fault I still pvped while others had a set bonus and I didn't really complain about it...
    First off, I'd like you to know that the post wasn't in reference to you but was something said in general.

Anyways, when you were given the opportunity to re-earn something that others worked their butts off for, I did not see you complaining about it - right? It's the same concept applied here. What's the big deal about giving others a 3 piece ring? Most of the people in end game now were given the same chance.

After all, now when we kill them in PvP, the only excuses they will have now is:

1. Lag
    2. Low Battery
    3. I had a wedgie.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Lol, I had a wedgie. How can you spontaneously have a wedgie??

EDIT: I read up on wedgies. Found some great pics as well as realizing that a wedgie can happen naturally.
    Last edited by lightzone; 01-22-2014 at 10:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lightzone View Post

EDIT: I read up on wedgies. Found some great pics as well as realizing that a wedgie can happen naturally.
    No wonder I lose. Never thought about down there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Well, it seems we are jammed on one matter about what is fair and what is correct which was pretty expectable, I just failed and didn't expect it

Anyway, to move the discussion on a little bit, let me throw in some bit diffeternt matter, pretty much related to this.

We are mostly considering and discussing personal reasons, or reason related to some group of players, to vindicate purposes. Let's think more globally, think about what is good for whole game. First of, I'd like to make clear, that what I'm sometimes trying to explain requires higher level of language, then what I'm comfortable with. Please read all of my posts with this knowledge, and be lenient about my expressions

PL is not in it's best days, I think we all may agree on this. The main reason is lack of new content, especially new level cap, also agreed I hope. But for keeping the game alive and cool as we know it, we still need active and excited players. Eventhough PVP is the main part of the game for a lot of you, without some necesary level of activity in PVE and on the market, the game will suffer and keep dying. And what is the new pure blood into veins of PL? Are those us, old, skilled and mostly rich players? No, I don't think so. It's the population of new players, who levels through dungeons, form active supply/demand on items, keep market alive and who are the engine of the game organysm actually.

So, If you agree with me till this point, you also know, that those players I talk about need motivation, something to find a joy of playing. But the only thing they find out now, after some time of playing, that reaching cap is not so big achievement, and it's most likely all what can they do. The future about new cap is unsure and I cant find any new goals, or at least expectations and excitement for upcomming goals for those players. What only they see around is group of old, grinded players, which had much more content to enjoy, using some extra benefits. I seriously think this must be demotivating feeling, and reason to exit the game perhaps.

By accepting this plan (or some other similar one) as good one, despite of loosing some benefits which are now exclusive for you, you might be rewarded by the player base improvement, which helps the whole game to be better, even without some other new content.

Please don't expect others to wait patiently for new cap, which isn't even sure to come. Rather accept the changes, and let something go on. Opposite scenario may be pretty catastrophic. We will be loosing player community, and at the end, whole PL will be group of old loyal players doing PVP fights over and over. Market will by destroyed without demands of average leveling player, there wuld be noone to buy your items and also with decreasing number of players, STG will be lowering the attention (logicaly) more and more, till some hoper for new content will be completely forgotten.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BroadCastle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

First off, I'd like you to know that the post wasn't in reference to you but was something said in general.

Anyways, when you were given the opportunity to re-earn something that others worked their butts off for, I did not see you complaining about it - right? It's the same concept applied here. What's the big deal about giving others a 3 piece ring? Most of the people in end game now were given the same chance.

After all, now when we kill them in PvP, the only excuses they will have now is:

1. Lag
    2. Low Battery
    3. I had a wedgie.
    It would'nt bother me if they gave the bonus if you have the 3original elite cap vanities, the players who have it deserved it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lightzone View Post

Wut?

I guess that is all some people came get from long posts lol.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

1. Lag
    2. Low Battery
    3. I had a wedgie.
    Hmm, No. 3 must happen to me a lot...

Plat rings ftw...idk.

All for one, and one for all.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Default Elite XP! A temporary but possibly permanent end to a new Pl cap?

**You do not need a 3 piece ring to be good**

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=133141

You guys still don't get it. It not about having an advantage or better stats. It's that I was here for every cap and I chose to grind every cap for what I earned. By doing so I was also supporting STS.

EVERYONE was giving the same choice to make I did.

-Scrolling through the apple store 3 years ago
    - down loading PL
    - leveling and completing quest
    - capping at 56 (where it was then known CoP gave stats)
    - capping more than one toon
    - staying till Nuri came
    - capping more than one toon
    -staying till Fang
    - capped many toons
    - staying till humania
    - capping even more toons
    - staying for BSM
    - capping even more toons.

I have never left pl. I have been loyal since the first day I played. Every quest, every challenge PL has thrown at me I have tried. I was not lazy. I even did the Overachievers Race. I did not give up on capping ever. Since 61 cap I've been in the top few to cap every cap. I never gave up on the waiting for a new cap.

It's not only the capping, it's also about being loyal and staying around.

Every person in this tread had made decision that lead them here. I'm sorry if the choices I made are better than yours. But no matter how much grinding you do, I don't think you deserve the exact same item as me unless you cap as the caps are current.

And I do believe that comparing the ring to founders, volconut, egg, and overachievers helm is the same thing. These items were given for a limited time for completing certain tasks. You weren't here during that time or didn't complete that task. The item is no longer available.

A substitutable ring is ok but not the same exact one. You didn't earn it. And frankly if STS did give the exact same rings id be extremely pissed.
    Last edited by angeldawn; 01-23-2014 at 10:27 AM.