Thread: Urgent questions on my android phone - compatibility, issues, installing

blaze5786

Lightbulb Urgent questions on my android phone - PLEASE HELP I WANT TO PLAY AL

So this is my situation now...

To introduce myself, I am just straight up STUPID handelling with technology and phones and everything, so I may have some dumb questions please excuse me about that). I have to delete arcane legends followed with many other apps on my phone as there is no more memory left (so don't worry about this phone). That's when I decided that i can't wait longer than one week without playing arcane legends, with even my laptop and computer having sudden graphics errors since a few days ago so I dug out my old android phone. This phone is model LG-E720 and android version 2.2.1 with no sd card. The whole phone seems stuffed as I can't download anything from market as it doesn't even work (it is the older version of google play and it seems it doesn't operate without a sd card or my version is too old) and i tried downloading arcane legends from apk on the web but no sd card makes this impossible.

My first question, is this phone, LG-E720 even compatible with arcane legends in the first place (before I commence doing further actions)? Or is it the version (its an outdated android version of froyo at 2.2.1) thats the problem? If this phone itself doesn't allow arcane legends to work then I guess I would have to give up on everything. If the version is the one that's the problem then what version is the highest I can upgrade on this phone to to have arcane legends to work and how do I upgrade versions and adding on how do I upgrade my outdated market too? (better not go this far as I suck with technology and stuff as I mentioned).

My second question, are any of these, some of my own possible solutions I made up possible? (I don't even know if these are valid processes): 1) Downloading arcane legends apk off the web on my COMPUTER and importing it to my phone (does this even work without a sd card?) 2) To take out the sd card on my MAIN phone and put it into my old phone temporarily just to download arcane legends off the web to it directly on phone and then take out and insert back to main phone (will arcane legends even remain on my old phone if i take out the sd card after installing? And does anybody know a website that has a legit arcane legends apk?)

I am dying to play arcane legends again and I have waited long enough, please save me THANKS A LOT
    Last edited by blaze5786; 01-21-2014 at 01:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Bro sts games are only compatible to android 2.3+
    You need to upgrade ur operating system to install it...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

blaze5786

Thanks madnex and nagin for ur inputs, much appreciated and @nagin I have a few queries, do you need a sd card at any point to update the version? Also can arcane legends be installed from the old market or is it play store exclusive? Adding on do I have to manually install market or does it just come with the version update? Would just downloading the apk that madnek linked me be an easier way? Sorry guys I'm hopeless :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Jmin, I'm strongly suggesting you to email support with every detail of your issue; they're far more experienced in handling issues like yours.

In the meantime, installing the .apk from the link I gave you is a verified way to skip the requirement of market or play store. I have no idea if you can directly install the AL .apk on your internal memory, I personally had to move it from my SD to it. It's worth a shot though.

Keep us updated with your results or any problems that come up, there's a chance we can help you sort it out here. But email support just in case, they take up to a few days to respond.

http://support.spacetimestudios.com/

Good luck.

blaze5786

Hey madnek the problem is that according to nagin versions 2.3 over only supports arcane legends, is this true because I'm afraid my version is 2.2.1.. and yes ur correct I figured you can't download straight onto internal memory therefore I would need a sd card. After you install the apk with the sd card can you take the card out straight after installation? Does arcane legends updates require a sd card to perform? Much thanks madnex again, ill still give it a shot tomorrow, hope 2.2.1 supports AL!
    Last edited by blaze5786; 01-21-2014 at 08:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Pretty much. I know someone who's been playing without an SD card so it's possible. So no, it doesn't require SD card for updates either. I say get an SD and try first. Depending to error message or problem we can go from there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

blaze5786

Alrite fingers crossed, as soon as I try the apk method without version update ill post the results cheers madnek

blaze5786

Lol shot for the link finnman hf bro! However I won't afford to take risks installing that version without knowing clear steps as I suck at these things, do you have advice on steps to install? Anyway if 2.2.1 apk test fails then ill try it again after somehow using this version thanks finn (Y)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Lol just root and flash that rom from clockworthmod reciorvery mode. So simple.

blaze5786

That's complicated asf to me tbh haha and I guess I'm lucky as I just read Sam's post saying versions 2.2 and up works woooo no need for upgrading oh well thanks for the advice tho finn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

I still suggest fo you to upgrade. Its like moving from scooter to superbike.

blaze5786

I get the point, if I get time after I solve this case then can I contact you for step by step instructions?

blaze5786

Case closed, sadly I tried upgrading the version and maybe i did something wrong as the phone is officially dead now. Thanks for everything guys and I will miss arcane legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Lol. If that screen is not completely black, you can save your phone. And btw. You can find clear instuctions from xda developers forums.
    Follow them EXACTLY and you will be fine. No compromises, or your phone begins to be brick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jminoxious View Post
    Case closed, sadly I tried upgrading the version and maybe i did something wrong as the phone is officially dead now. Thanks for everything guys and I will miss arcane legends
    Sad to hear. :/

And yeah, by dead meaning? What steps did you follow and where did it black out?

On a sidenote, there's always the alternative to play on computer if this refuses to work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Sad to hear. :/

And yeah, by dead meaning? What steps did you follow and where did it black out?

On a sidenote, there's always the alternative to play on computer if this refuses to work.
    She propably messed up with wrong files while rooting. I managed to brick too but i found a back door to escape from brick.
    You can save your phone, but your phone is cheap and old so i suggest you to buy a new phone (which runs AL/PL smoothly(Smoothly! ))