Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Seriously Spacetime, where's the content ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Seriously Spacetime, where's the content ?

First, I'd like to make it absolutely clear that I enjoy this game extremely much, and that I have nothing but respect for the developers.

However..

You do have some "hardcore" players among your customers, and what in god's name are they supposed to do ?

For almost a week now, I've had three level 30s with the best gear possible, with perfect specs, and more than enough pots, money and loot.
    There is literally nothing more for me to do in this game. What so ever.

I understand that you're still fine tuning this game, and you're making radical changes and probably working way more than alot of developers out there.
    That is pretty much a given, concidering how frequent you update this game, how much you listen to customer feedback and take the time to respond to us on these forums (and others too).

Yet I still feel as if I've won the game, and this is something that you should never, under any circumstances, feel while playing a MMORPG.

Version 1.1 introduced a ton of great features that made this game better and the upcoming PVP system looks great.
    But where in gods name is the content ? I'm constantly checking this game for The Ancient Swamps, but I'm guessing I'll have three level 35s and the best loot possible way before the next dungeon gets here, which again leaves me with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO INGAME.

We need way more loot, the level cap should be increased by an extreme ammount, and the dungeons should be bigger and feature more levels, more bosses and more variety.
    I remember reading before the release of this game that it had "thousands" of different items of loot.
    Let's make an example here.
    An Axe, let's call it the Spacetime Axe requires level 1, and has 1 strength.
    The exact same Axe, with the exact same name and skin, that requires level 2 and has 2 strength, is NOT A NEW PIECE OF LOOT.
    I'm guessing, that if you did not use such a easy method to manipulate the loot numbers, the actual number of different pieces of loot would be what ? 100 ? 150 ?

One dungeon, which takes almost two weeks to get out, should not increase the level cap by FIVE, nor have so little loot.

First of all, who in GODS NAME cannot level up five levels in a two week period ?
    Secondly, with only ONE dungeon with level 35 loot, and that loot table I'm assuming is as small as the other dungeons, in a week or so every level 35 will be running around in the same gear waiting for the next dungeon.

Again, this is not ok.

Forst Haven Level 1-10.
    Dark Forest Level 10-20.
    Balefort Castle Level 20-30.
    Fathom Crypts Level 30-40.
    The Lost Expedition Level 40-50.
    The Ancient Swamps Level 50-60.
    And so forth.

Add a few more dungeons to Dark Forest, Balefort Castle, Fathom Crypts and The Lost Expedition and alter the loot tables ofcourse (The Lost Expedition drops items level 40-50, while Dark Forest is level 10-20 items).

That's what I can think of to make this game have more content without pumping out another 5 or so dungeons (which would probably take a few months).

I enjoy this game, or else I would not play it as much as I did, The game is great, plays great, and does not feel unfinished. But this game is seriously lacking in content, and I mean SERIOUSLY.

I've spent a fair share of money on this game, and I do not regret it one bit, I've enjoyed playing, but as I said, there is nothing left for me to do, and in a weeks times, I'll be just as stuck as I am now.

Lastly, I'd like to make it clear that I'm far from your average "hardcore" gamer that plays 18 hours per day. I work fulltime, I have a fiance, and a newborn.
    I play on the way to work, on my way back from work, while in the bathroom, and an hour before I go to sleep. That's not much, that's infact pretty casual. Although I am effective while playing.
    Which makes it even harder to think that I'm as stuck as I am.

Please Spacetime, do something about this.
    Distincthood - 35 Archer
    Dodgethis - 35 Warrior
    Magica - 35 Enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Distinct
    You do have some "hardcore" players among your customers, and what in god's name are they supposed to do ?
    Take a deep breath for starters...

You blazed through the content on a game with "Pocket" in the name. Of course this game is going to be diminutive by design compared to full on games like WoW.

We're paying 99 cents a dungeon...

Long story short, you get what you pay for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with Distinct, I am a hard core player and I have been hardcore offline recently. I only play one character because I don't want to play anything other than a healer, but please, grace us with content and lots of gear and more skills, I mean I know all of this takes time, but you have players who are willing to pay and who are willing to help in the design, just look at some of the posts we make here on the forums.
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom
    Guild Website - www.venom-guild.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think once they get loot tables, drop rates, and general balancing down, new maps will come out faster. This game is still a baby. Give it time.

But I do agree I downloaded this game last Thursday, and hit 30 this morning. I even took two other characters to level 10 before I decided to stick it out with the warrior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

PvP is going to be the solution to this problem I believe. It is entirely player-generated and is a new experience every time.
    Goregrind - Warrior - Alterra
    Venom Guild
    http://venom.forumn.net/index.htm

Guardian of Alterra King Richie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

i still agree with distinct

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

It took me a matter of hours to get to 30.
    I created my character one evening and the next day hit 30.
    I only enjoy the Archer class... And I was totally under the impression that Ancient Swamps
    would release last week. However it didn't.
    Been waiting. And I agree with 10 levels a dungeon...
    I made a suggestion about it also.
    Maybe do this

Forest haven 1-10
    Dark Forest 10-15
    Balefort Castle 15-20
    Fathom Crypts 20-25
    Lost Expedition 25-30
    Ancient Swamps 30-35

Elite

Forest Haven Elite 35-40
    Dark Forest Elite 40-45
    Balefort Castle Elite 45-50
    Fathom Crypts Elite 50-55
    Lost Expedition Elite 55-60
    Ancient Swamps Elite 60-65

Or along those lines.
    Last edited by Obliteration; 05-04-2010 at 07:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

If you want content, content, content, play WoW on your computer. This is a portable game. And it's only been out a month. In that month they have added new maps for free and released a map pack, not to mention content updates each week and sometimes twice in a day. They are building their player base. This is a pickup-and-go type of game. I don't think the primary audience is the hardcore player. It's the casual player. Yes, this game is addicting, but you can put it down easily. If we were paying monthly fees for PL, then yes, I would expect a ton of content.

I have 3 level 30 characters on the Alterra Realm. I got bored as well. So, I started an enchantress (my favorite to play) on the Fnord Server. In 24 hours I got to level 23. This is in between work, family (I have a 3 yr old) and sleep. I plan on getting that one to lvl 30 as well because I figured what if one day the Alterra Realm is down. It would be good for me to have a backup on the Fnord Server to feed my addiction. I actually like that if you put the time into it that you can level fairly quickly. Not the daunting task in WoW unless you ignore all life around you.

Frankly, for such a new game that's only been out a month, they have done a tremendous job. Unless they suddenly switch to charging us monthly (which they won't), then be patient. You do get what you pay for, however, I don't mean that to sound like PL is sub par. It's quality for what you can get on a phone. I've said this on other threads, but I quit WoW after playing PL. I get to still max out my characters, have fun and I have more free time. Spacetime needs money to operate, so I don't see a problem with their business model here.
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Jeez you guys play a lot, it took me over 2 weeks to get one char to 30. That was playing 30mins to an hour almost daily.
    Beermon- Level 47 Warrior-Alterra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

mixed emothions, i agree fully that it cant compare to other mmorpgs in scale but i am kicking my heels a bit, but i still wholly prefer this to say final fantasy ffxi as im not standing around for 45 mins waiting to get a party so i can start playing, i suppose if you cut out all the waiting most mmorpgs would be like pocket legends lol

so take the good with the bad, its pocket sized but packs a punch
    Feena - Enchantress - Fnord

If i post in blue it makes me cool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dilarus View Post
    ...its pocket sized but packs a punch
    Put that on a PL tee-shirt!!
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Note to devs " the t-shirt idea is picking up stream" lets get this ball rolling!
    Beermon- Level 47 Warrior-Alterra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dilarus View Post
    so take the good with the bad, its pocket sized but packs a punch

Now you can tell girls that you got a legend in your pants with it having to be a lie!

course, mine was never a lie in the first place.
    / oh hai~!
    /

IGN: Igglebob , Moondrake

14.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

30 days. 20 content updates, 1 client update and 1 campaign released, another coming out this week... You are right we should get busy!

Seriously, we know we need something for folks to do in between the updates. We have been playing pvp for the last 2 days, it is amazing and will definitely give a whole new dimension to this game. Guilds, housing, pets, etc are going to help with the rest.

Be patient, stick around and help us shape this into the worlds best game, no matter what the platform(s).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

SHABOOM. Justg for the win.
    Goregrind - Warrior - Alterra
    Venom Guild
    http://venom.forumn.net/index.htm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    30 days. 20 content updates, 1 client update and 1 campaign released, another coming out this week... You are right we should get busy!

Seriously, we know we need something for folks to do in between the updates. We have been playing pvp for the last 2 days, it is amazing and will definitely give a whole new dimension to this game. Guilds, housing, pets, etc are going to help with the rest.

Be patient, stick around and help us shape this into the worlds best game, no matter what the platform(s).
    Now we know why there is a lack of updates. *whistles innocently* ~♫
    / oh hai~!
    /

IGN: Igglebob , Moondrake

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Splurd, you clearly missed the hidden message. At the end, Justg says "no matter what the platform(s)." This can only mean one thing and one thing only - Pocket Legends the board game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by setec View Post
    This can only mean one thing and one thing only - Pocket Legends the board game.
    WOOT! i rolled a three! my ice storm connects, now to chain it (rolls dice)

pvp i dont care about but new campaign :3

ill be saving up for the boardgame
    Feena - Enchantress - Fnord

If i post in blue it makes me cool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Distinct View Post
    Again, this is not ok.
    LOL!!!

Last edited by doot; 05-04-2010 at 10:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree with Distinct. There should also be leaderboards.
    Last edited by Flamin; 05-04-2010 at 10:25 PM.
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/EliteFlamin/atomicenergy-2.jpgHonored Master of The Crusaders of Legend PLoading --- Warrior --- Level 21 EliteFlamin --- Archer --- Level 47