Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the .... Maul is just OP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Default What the .... Maul is just OP

I know maybe theres other threads about Sorcerer class being weak, i know every other class going to try to say we just whining.

But the whole time i didnt even realise that Maul proc was (Stun, Reduce armor 50% AND Increase 60 str!!!!). And Arcane staff proc only increase 60 int ?
    I mean you do realise:

1. 60 str for a tank means high dmg and higher health, and 60 int for mage high dmg and lets say 300 health if not less or more still not high but yes we get high mana as if we need more mana.

2. warriors can use the skill (vengeful blood) which gives them high dmg and 26% crit which makes them proc minimum 2 times per clash if not more.

Please someone correct me if im wrong iv been doing pvp for so long and iv seen warriorsnwith maul procing much much more than any other class but my topic is sorcerer. Please try go against warrior (mauler) in pvp and see how annoying it can be, they stun more than sorcerers they proc more than rouges and they already have pretty much HIGH armor and health, sounds fair?

Not asking for reducing anything for warriors or thier precious Maul, just asking for more attention for us sorcerers, even with our arcane staff we still struggling alot, just check any mage with high ctf kills and ul see he has high ctf deaths aswell, like maximum i think a sorcerer can have like 10/5 kdr but rouge can be 30/5 easly and warrior 10/1 .. i mean ctf kills/deaths.

If theres anything wrong with whatever i saied in here then please correct me, or check with yourselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

60 int is 180 HP for mages. Why did sts put 10 mana regen in a weapon for mages with 5000-6000 mana; almost anything else could have Been better.
    Iacito My guess: 2900

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iacito For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Hakoom i am sure with all the complaining threads about the Arcane staff and mage class being too weak to compete equally with the other 2 classes, Sts will do something for you mages in the upcoming expansion.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 01-22-2014 at 08:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

^ I hope so.
    Raymonddr (SORCERER) / Raymonddrjr (ROGUE) / Raymondjdr (WARRIOR)
    Member of ELITE RUNNERS
    RETIRED for now...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

*sarcasm* "Depends on how to use it" *sarcasm*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Im glad to see so far people aint complaining of my whining.

Quote Originally Posted by iacito View Post
    60 int is 180 HP for mages. Why did sts put 10 mana regen in a weapon for mages with 5000-6000 mana; almost anything else could have Been better.
    And thanks for your correction, i couldnt agree more with you, literaly anything else could have been better, it takes us 4 clashes to reach 30% mana that if we didnt use any mana refill skill or pet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

the devs don't see ctf the same way we do (the way it really is). the way they envision it is two equally geared/class teams trying their hardest to win the game. They see tanks as being the upfront members of the team who take the damage, mages who stay behind them and use their stuns/heals/aoe damage, and then rogues being in the back and use their high single target damage to take down high profile targets. Everything they do regarding pvp comes from this prospective. In their view, mages aren't supposed to be able to kill a tank, they're supposed to hide behind their own tank. Tanks are supposed to be hard to kill but it equals out because there's a tank on the other team. Rogues aren't supposed to have mana because they have mages who mana heal, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    the devs don't see ctf the same way we do (the way it really is). the way they envision it is two equally geared/class teams trying their hardest to win the game. They see tanks as being the upfront members of the team who take the damage, mages who stay behind them and use their stuns/heals/aoe damage, and then rogues being in the back and use their high single target damage to take down high profile targets. Everything they do regarding pvp comes from this prospective. In their view, mages aren't supposed to be able to kill a tank, they're supposed to hide behind their own tank. Tanks are supposed to be hard to kill but it equals out because there's a tank on the other team. Rogues aren't supposed to have mana because they have mages who mana heal, etc.
    Yes yes certainly, but that staff still sucks compaired to a maul.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hakoom7 View Post
    I know maybe theres other threads about Sorcerer class being weak, i know every other class going to try to say we just whining.

But the whole time i didnt even realise that Maul proc was (Stun, Reduce armor 50% AND Increase 60 str!!!!). And Arcane staff proc only increase 60 int ?
    I mean you do realise:

1. 60 str for a tank means high dmg and higher health, and 60 int for mage high dmg and lets say 300 health if not less or more still not high but yes we get high mana as if we need more mana.

2. warriors can use the skill (vengeful blood) which gives them high dmg and 26% crit which makes them proc minimum 2 times per clash if not more.

Please someone correct me if im wrong iv been doing pvp for so long and iv seen warriorsnwith maul procing much much more than any other class but my topic is sorcerer. Please try go against warrior (mauler) in pvp and see how annoying it can be, they stun more than sorcerers they proc more than rouges and they already have pretty much HIGH armor and health, sounds fair?

Not asking for reducing anything for warriors or thier precious Maul, just asking for more attention for us sorcerers, even with our arcane staff we still struggling alot, just check any mage with high ctf kills and ul see he has high ctf deaths aswell, like maximum i think a sorcerer can have like 10/5 kdr but rouge can be 30/5 easly and warrior 10/1 .. i mean ctf kills/deaths.

If theres anything wrong with whatever i saied in here then please correct me, or check with yourselves.
    Good morning....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nagin For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Well if it makes you feel better Arcane Hooks had awful procs IMO outside of armor reduction (if i remember correctly)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Make a warrior class and get a maul. Done

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fauksuras View Post
    Well if it makes you feel better Arcane Hooks had awful procs IMO outside of armor reduction (if i remember correctly)
    Arcane hooks are level 26, Arcane maul are 31, Arcane staff are 36. On behalf if all Arcane-staffed mages I think they were looking for a proc just as good as the maul or better. If I owned kershal I would definitely want it to be better than the maul.

Quote Originally Posted by karrdath View Post
    Make a warrior class and get a maul. Done

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Very useful and informative sir. :O

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sky_is_epicgearz For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sky_is_epicgearz View Post
    Arcane hooks are level 26, Arcane maul are 31, Arcane staff are 36. On behalf if all Arcane-staffed mages I think they were looking for a proc just as good as the maul or better. If I owned kershal I would definitely want it to be better than the maul.

Very useful and informative sir. :O
    I understand where you're coming from, I really do but procs have nothing to do with item level, warriors just happened to get terrific procs.

Heck warriors in general have the best weapons.

Pavise was, still is and probably will still be the best tanking weapon. Insane armor and good proc for pve.

Rogue bow got outdated faaaaast and mage weapon held on for the most part.

Arcane Maul was the best Arcane weapon out of all three.

Mythic glaive is clearly the winner in the lvl 36 mythics.

Maybe someone favors warriors over at STS.

(BTW Im a warrior)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Fauksuras For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Yep maul is op.. Nd so are warrior nd rouge.. Or maybe, mages are just undrpowed. In short weakest among class.. But strong in pve..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

The maul isnt OP. The glaive surpasses it in skill damage, and it is aesthetically a lot better. The maul looks like garbage.
    PL: Artaeon (Archer)
    AL: Artaeon (Rogue)

Read my Short, Heroic Love Poem!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Artae View Post
    The maul isnt OP. The glaive surpasses it in skill damage, and it is aesthetically a lot better. The maul looks like garbage.
    What did i just read.

Name another weapon that makes a war surpass 500dmg?
    Did you read the proc?
    Glaive surpass the Maul in skill damage but in overall damage Maul still wins(I hope you know skill have cooldowns).
    Maul vs Glaive maul user wins.
    Maul is by far one of the most beuuutifuuul weapons i have seen ig calling it garbage even though you don't like it is eccesive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Artae View Post
    Maul is OP it has crazy proc, i thought that was clear by this whole thread, and we not doing a which better maul or glaive, this is about staff being weak

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

ITs called ARCANE for a reason, also it is meant to be OP as the low % of users don't affect the community grandly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I agree with a few different views here, Maul is rather OP. But let's be honest, how many games do you know where EVERY class has EVERY aspect balanced EXACTLY the same?

ITs called ARCANE for a reason, also it is meant to be OP as the low % of users don't affect the community grandly.
    ^ I agree with this though. Not that many people have them, they're Arcane for a reason. If it was terrible, what'd be the point.

And I understand that you're referring to the UP of the sorc weapon, but it's definitely not the War' weapon that is OP if anything it's the Sorc weapon that is UP.

But the GM's have balanced the classes the way they have for a reason, and whatever that may be it's their choice, not ours.
    And hopefully they'll consider it, as I do think classes need to be balanced, but you have to think beyond just weapons - all classes have their advantages, the GM's put more time and effort into the way things are than you might first think.

Peace ~
    IGN: Rianaku (Warrior) - Couchlock (Sorcerer) - SnackBox (Rogue)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rianaku View Post
    I agree with a few different views here, Maul is rather OP. But let's be honest, how many games do you know where EVERY class has EVERY aspect balanced EXACTLY the same?

^ I agree with this though. Not that many people have them, they're Arcane for a reason. If it was terrible, what'd be the point.

And I understand that you're referring to the UP of the sorc weapon, but it's definitely not the War' weapon that is OP if anything it's the Sorc weapon that is UP.

But the GM's have balanced the classes the way they have for a reason, and whatever that may be it's their choice, not ours.
    And hopefully they'll consider it, as I do think classes need to be balanced, but you have to think beyond just weapons - all classes have their advantages, the GM's put more time and effort into the way things are than you might first think.

Peace ~
    Thats exactly my point, each class has an advantage and together they all kinda support each other but appearently sts did not consider that when they made the Maul, so now tanks almost doing all the job, high damage, high crit, alot of stunns, high armor and health, they are a mini trulles in ctf.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to hakoom7 For This Useful Post: