Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What the .... Maul is just OP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I suggest people vote with their feet, if you don't like the arcane staff don't buy it. If you loot it, sell it asap. If it wasn't for timed runs I would have sold it a long time ago. IMO its not worth spending 50m gold on something that isn't perfect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    I suggest people vote with their feet, if you don't like the arcane staff don't buy it. If you loot it, sell it asap. If it wasn't for timed runs I would have sold it a long time ago. IMO its not worth spending 50m gold on something that isn't perfect.
    Other than the fact that is the best sorcerer weapon in game, why else would you keep it?

Anything else is just a detriment to your killing experience.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Postulate1 View Post
    Other than the fact that is the best sorcerer weapon in game, why else would you keep it?

Anything else is just a detriment to your killing experience.
    Not really. People ask me should they get arcane staff or buy Samael. Not everyone has 70+ million gold to buy both. I tell people to buy Samael and use mythic gun or mythic staff. Samael will always be good regardless what they do next season. I bought arcane staff like 3 months ago (back in October). So I could justify spending what I did given how long I've had it. If I looted one today I'd sell it and buy Samael and use the rest to buy whatever mythics will be released next season. Rogue with mythic daggers still does more damage then a mage with arcane staff in PvP and PvE. So compare the price between arcane staff vs mythic daggers. And for an arcane mage its almost impossible to defeat a warrior with maul or glaive in 1v1. Basically they have to screw up or you get lucky and cancel their heal. Otherwise there is no way you can kill them and they never run out of mana. If people aren't happy with the proc or the bugged charged attack why should they keep it? Sell it now while its worth what it is and use it to buy next seasons best. But like I said for me if it wasn't for timed runs I would have sold it. Its the only time I need max damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Not really. People ask me should they get arcane staff or buy Samael. Not everyone has 70+ million gold to buy both. I tell people to buy Samael and use mythic gun or mythic staff. Samael will always be good regardless what they do next season. I bought arcane staff like 3 months ago (back in October). So I could justify spending what I did given how long I've had it. If I looted one today I'd sell it and buy Samael and use the rest to buy whatever mythics will be released next season. Rogue with mythic daggers still does more damage then a mage with arcane staff in PvP and PvE. So compare the price between arcane staff vs mythic daggers. And for an arcane mage its almost impossible to defeat a warrior with maul or glaive in 1v1. Basically they have to screw up or you get lucky and cancel their heal. Otherwise there is no way you can kill them and they never run out of mana. If people aren't happy with the proc or the bugged charged attack why should they keep it? Sell it now while its worth what it is and use it to buy next seasons best. But like I said for me if it wasn't for timed runs I would have sold it. Its the only time I need max damage.
    Thats all true, in fact gun proc even more effective in pvp rooms and pve, thatbproc puches enemies away and cancel thier skill, sometimes stun for a short time, and mythic staff when it was bugged that proc was like a second shield to mages, but they changed it and gave us a worse proc in arcane staff, 1v1 for mages is really scary now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hakoom7 View Post
    Thats all true, in fact gun proc even more effective in pvp rooms and pve, thatbproc puches enemies away and cancel thier skill, sometimes stun for a short time, and mythic staff when it was bugged that proc was like a second shield to mages, but they changed it and gave us a worse proc in arcane staff, 1v1 for mages is really scary now
    Even the legendary watch rifle and oracle gun push proc was much much more useful, if an arcane weapon procs, then it should be a gg. Now, the scepter just light a little candle for my death.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliteFamily View Post
    Hakoom i am sure with all the complaining threads about the Arcane staff and mage class being too weak to compete equally with the other 2 classes, Sts will do something for you mages in the upcoming expansion.
    Just saying elite, me and countless other sorcerers have been thinking this though since s2 when ctf first came. Still no fix either so most have adapted to the situation but if you ask you'll hear us say flat out we're the worse in pvp. Im with you on hoping for a fix but not one since season 2 makes me.doubtful
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    Just saying elite, me and countless other sorcerers have been thinking this though since s2 when ctf first came. Still no fix either so most have adapted to the situation but if you ask you'll hear us say flat out we're the worse in pvp. Im with you on hoping for a fix but not one since season 2 makes me.doubtful
    Though keep in mind i am talking of enhancing the arcane staff to mauls power range and to garantee upperhand to a medium high geared mage over a high geared rogue if the mage knows how to play not something op were mages will be killing wars.

Wars are advantaged against mages and that is how it should be on the other hand mages must be advantaged against rogues.

Not in theory but for real.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 01-23-2014 at 11:36 AM.