Thread: Elite Quests!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Default Elite Quests!

A while ago, Spacetime re-amped the Fathom Crypts town and campaign, and added the first unique quest rewards: Red Bone gear. This was the first step in the right direction.

Later, Spacetime released the Frozen Nightmares campaign-- an Elite dungeon that was quite challenging, as well as some Elite Quests to go with it. Now, these quests were long and tedious, and look hours to complete. They were the second step in the right direction.

--

One of the most addicting aspects of any MMO is achieving goals and completing quests. Looking at the massively popular game, Runescape, most of the world and many items and weapons are tied to completing a wide variety of quests, some easy, some very difficult.

Now, we have to keep in mind that Pocket Legends is very different from PC MMORPGs. However, something I would LOVE implemented is a series of more expansive, in-depth, and challenging quests with multiple steps.

--

While puzzles may be less stressed in PL, long and detailed quests are still very much possible. Think, a long quest with many steps as opposed to one long objective such as killing 10-thousand goblins.

Out of all the updates, my favorites are new quests. Yes, pvp updates are good and bug fixes are necessary, but nothing makes me want to play more than a new achievement where I don't have to compete with other players, like in leaderboards. The kind of game like that where you go killing things and searching for answers all over the worlds at your own pace is the meat and potatoes of many games, and it will intrigue and attract many more players as the game expands.

--

One thing many people are worried about: rewards. The red-bone armor and black-ice weapons were nice, but for future Elite quests, they should give unique vanity items or, say, a uni-class shield or something with a special effect.

--

IN CONCLUSION/ (for those who hate reading)

- More numerous and in-depth quests
    - Longer, harder quests with many steps which are geared towards high levels
    - Unique rewards usable by all classes

This game is very PVP oriented, and that's a good thing, but it's petter to push in both directions instead of just one.
    Last edited by Nightarcher; 11-26-2010 at 03:17 PM.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What if there was an elite quest for lower levels, say lvl 30, that forced players to fight a miniboss alone, no helpers at all, to complete the quest. Along the way some tips for winning would be provided by NPC's. As you progress thru the quest more and more skills would be explained to you. For instance, there are three skills for a bear that can stun an opponent; beckon, slash, and hellscream. If you alternate between these three almost any enemy can be defeated given enough time. This would help teach players how to use the skills best, and let them perfect techniques before completing the quest. Then give some nice equipment as a reward for a difficult quest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dirtball View Post
    What if there was an elite quest for lower levels, say lvl 30, that forced players to fight a miniboss alone, no helpers at all, to complete the quest. Along the way some tips for winning would be provided by NPC's. As you progress thru the quest more and more skills would be explained to you. For instance, there are four skills for a bear that can stun an opponent; stomp, beckon, slash, and hellscream. If you alternate between these four almost any enemy can be defeated given enough time. This would help teach players how to use the skills best, and let them perfect techniques before completing the quest. Then give some nice equipment as a reward for a difficult quest.
    otherwise good. i like the idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Balonia View Post
    I just want to kill Santa. Can that be arranged?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Stomp rarely stuns IMO. If you count on it as a stun weapon you may be in trouble. The other three work almost perfect every time. Occassionally one fails, but not often. Sometimes beckon doesn't jedi drag them to me, but they will stun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I was thinking more along the lines of level 40-50 elite quests that are hard, but adding them for all levels is great.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kurlz has a dungeon idea thread about something like this, with traps and what not to add to the danger.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like the idea, anything that gives lvl 50s more reason to log in and play is good Currently working on the Frozen Nightmares "thousand" quests... quite fun
    [On a Break... Waiting for the next big update...]