Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Mages

For those of you who say mages dont need a buff, I will give you some info on why they do.(looking at all aspects of the game here pvp and pve.)

1. Sure mages are the strongest in pve and rogues might be the strongest in pvp with wars a little bit behind rogues. But heres the thing mages are weakest class in pvp by far. So doesnt that mean rogues should be weakest in pve by far to and wars in middle. But the truth is rogues and wars are right behind mages in pve. But mages are way behind rogues and wars in pvp.

2.Survivability: You say rogues and mages are almost equal in the survivability stand point as far as getting one shotted. But heres the thing rogues have dodge and more armor then the mage. With dodge you are getting hit about 1/2 the amount mages are if your dodge is at 50% for say and then you also have more armour then mages, WTF to that. Not to mention your heal is alot better then mages( will go over heal in later section). So now rogues are getting hit half the amount mages are and being hit with less damage then mages when they are hit.
    And then being able to heal that amount of damage they were hit with.

3. Heal: rogues and warriors heal are pretty equal but the mages arent. The mages heal has 3 completely useless upgrades and rogue and warrior heals have 5 helpful upgrades. Most mages dont even use heal because there are much better options. And before anyone says mages are the support class and your a noob mage if u dont have heal with mana upgrade, Mages are not your mana slave.

4: Damage: Alot of people say that classes are equal because of damage each class has. Mages dont even have highest damage, Rogues do. And even if we did have highest damage it wouldnt matter because rogues have crits and dps. Making them the highest damage outputters there is. ( which is what they shoud be, Just trying to show why mages and rogues damages arent equal). But then look at warriors 500 damage with arcane maul and 450 with glaive WTF. I know arcane maul should be a very good item as its warriors best weapon. But a mage with arcane staff gets about 600 damage. So now warriors will have double the mages health and armour and only 100 damage lower. Both classes being full myth with arcane weapon and samael btw.

Thats all I have to share any feedback/comments welcome.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to robgames62 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

I will agree that mages r underpowered in pvp. But what I hate is that maul and now glaive have ruined the normal warriors that cant afford those. The normal geared warriors r underpowered imo vs other normal geared classes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

It just seems that on the forums every warrior has a glaive or maul so every warrior is overpowered.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheener View Post
    It just seems that on the forums every warrior has a glaive or maul so every warrior is overpowered.
    any warrior is OP. but sure mage need buff a little not much. but i think sts should remove from rogue and warrior the heal skill and put more slot and put 2-3 skill to heal in sorcerer bcus sorcerer is the healer not the rogue or warrior.

warrior shoul heal himself and remove heal skill from rogue. sorcerer should be the healer the support and should do dps too. good dmg balance with good heal.

warrior are a tank should have 1-2 skill to heal himself but not all hp. but need have good dmg too.

rogue are a Powerfull in pve/pvp theys have big dmg (die fast too vs another rogue) but warrior vs rogue haven't oportunity rogue wins (full mytic warrior vs full mytic rogue) mage vs rogue die mage, warrior vs mage, die mage. sts should balance it. but not op the sorc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

hmm an arcane legend world full of only rogues looks interesting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Theres already much much much fewer mages than any other class.. most the of the mages are low lvl beggars who dont get rich cause of laziness so they just quit the game

Thats the only reason mage stuff is the cheapest, by far, same supply but much lower demand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

I'm a mage also, use the right skills and u can manage to be a great player in both pvp and pve. And about damage: u are saying rogues have highest dmg?? Its mages!! Look at a mage with arcane staff, he has 600 dmg!!
    let the kick and the bass be your m*fcking guide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

As stated in the other thread.

Pvp isn' t balanced cause AL is Pve oriented . The fact that mages are weak in PvP is a result of the way game was created and the nature devs gave to mages. Crowd control high attack + weak defence that is a mage.

First of all Ctf wasn't created for one vs one fights, infact if you look at a 5vs5 fight mages play a fundamental role that is because of their nature in pvE, they can deal with large numbers of enemies. Taken the know how to play.

Any enhancement for mages in PvP with destroy the balance of PvE. If you have the same defence of a rogue, rogues will be useless in pvE idem if you have their same damage.
    You cant have the defence of a war cause wars will become useless in pvE idem for their life.

The most important things in order are:

-Class differentiation.
    -PvE balancement
    -Ctf and TdM balancement

after these 3 there is a fourth that players invented

1vs1 balancement ergo 5th skill.
    But these was never meant to exist ergo it tips the balance of the ctf and tdm to the wars side and slightly to mages side destroying the natural balance created, that then became:

war>>mage. (super wrong)
    war>rogue. (wrong)
    mage>rogue. (ok)

(There are obviuosly exceptions.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thepitcher View Post
    I'm a mage also, use the right skills and u can manage to be a great player in both pvp and pve. And about damage: u are saying rogues have highest dmg?? Its mages!! Look at a mage with arcane staff, he has 600 dmg!!
    Some war have 500 dmg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Banuelos:1441285
    Some war have 500 dmg
    yep, but mage skills does much DMG than warrior skills and Mage has Great AoE and Warrior don't has much AoE only wind whirl does 3-5 enemies DMG at once...and for mage Fireball/Clock/Gale(3 skill slots) has Great AoE and the other slot for defence skills like Arcane shield and Heal....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robgames62:1440871
    For those of you who say mages dont need a buff, I will give you some info on why they do.(looking at all aspects of the game here pvp and pve.)

1. Sure mages are the strongest in pve and rogues might be the strongest in pvp with wars a little bit behind rogues. But heres the thing mages are weakest class in pvp by far. So doesnt that mean rogues should be weakest in pve by far to and wars in middle. But the truth is rogues and wars are right behind mages in pve. But mages are way behind rogues and wars in pvp.

2.Survivability: You say rogues and mages are almost equal in the survivability stand point as far as getting one shotted. But heres the thing rogues have dodge and more armor then the mage. With dodge you are getting hit about 1/2 the amount mages are if your dodge is at 50% for say and then you also have more armour then mages, WTF to that. Not to mention your heal is alot better then mages( will go over heal in later section). So now rogues are getting hit half the amount mages are and being hit with less damage then mages when they are hit.
    And then being able to heal that amount of damage they were hit with.

3. Heal: rogues and warriors heal are pretty equal but the mages arent. The mages heal has 3 completely useless upgrades and rogue and warrior heals have 5 helpful upgrades. Most mages dont even use heal because there are much better options. And before anyone says mages are the support class and your a noob mage if u dont have heal with mana upgrade, Mages are not your mana slave.

4: Damage: Alot of people say that classes are equal because of damage each class has. Mages dont even have highest damage, Rogues do. And even if we did have highest damage it wouldnt matter because rogues have crits and dps. Making them the highest damage outputters there is. ( which is what they shoud be, Just trying to show why mages and rogues damages arent equal). But then look at warriors 500 damage with arcane maul and 450 with glaive WTF. I know arcane maul should be a very good item as its warriors best weapon. But a mage with arcane staff gets about 600 damage. So now warriors will have double the mages health and armour and only 100 damage lower. Both classes being full myth with arcane weapon and samael btw.

Thats all I have to share any feedback/comments welcome.
    Agreed! This MUST be changed...the points 2/3/4 are showing how negative mages are!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Yes, as said above I need a big buff!!!

Those of you who see me in PvP know this to be true. I think the reason why many of you run the other way when you see me is because you feel bad and don't wish to embarrass me in a 1-on-1 fight. Thanks! It's appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

The dmg viewed on stats really doesn't show the real damage output mages and rogues can do. Rogues have the most damage output.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Ok, lets take a look at the facts here. Since there's a lot of people concerned over how weaker or not are mages in pvp, lets take a look at what STS has done for you smurfs in past couple of months. I took my time to go through all the content updates over the past few months and this is what I found:

2014-01-14 Content Update (138064)
    Sorcerer's Fireball behavior is now consistent with other sorcerer spells regardless of the locked/unlocked status of Engulf upgrade.

2013-11-14 Content Update (135333)
    Corrected a bug with the Mythic Infused Orbital Staff damage reduction proc.

2013-09-12 Content Update (129730)
    Fixed a bug with the Sorcerer skill 'Arcane Shield' applying invulnerability even if you didn't charge it up.
    The Sorcerer skill 'Gale Force' now only makes you dash when you charge the skill. In addition, you now dash forward instead of backward.
    Slightly decreased amount of heals in PvP.
    All Sorcerer abilities have an increased critical damage value. In addition, abilities that add a DoT (Fireball, Curse, etc.) will now have a chance for critical damage for each tick on the DoT itself. This should make it viable to spec your Sorcerer for a high Crit chance. Feedback is as always welcome.

So if we look at this, you little smurfs have gotten since September: Fireball nerfed, myth staff nerfed, Gale nerfed, Crit rate nerfed ,,for a high crit chance'', Arcane Shield nerfed, and your DoT - s nefred to have a critical chance ( I'm guessing Clock and Curse ). This is all in past 5 months.

While on the other hand, in the same period rogues got damage reduced (since all classes got nerfed to take less damage ) and the only other one worth mentioning is that the Dev bow was slightly reduced so that the Myth bow can top it. Warrior however also got some nerfing on the heal and also damage reduced, but no where as near as you mages got nerfed.

This is what you need to get in your mind, because this is dead on. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a mage hater, I love you little smurfs, but it's not that hard to be good with a mage in pvp. I'll go a bit bold here and say it's easier to be good with a mage then with a rogue. Comments and hating welcome on that But all in all, you don't need more nerfs, just a bit more optimism and a bit more practice. Because .... practice makes perfect

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slywannas View Post
    Ok, lets take a look at the facts here. Since there's a lot of people concerned over how weaker or not are mages in pvp, lets take a look at what STS has done for you smurfs in past couple of months. I took my time to go through all the content updates over the past few months and this is what I found:

Sorcerer's Fireball behavior is now consistent with other sorcerer spells regardless of the locked/unlocked status of Engulf upgrade.

Fixed a bug with the Sorcerer skill 'Arcane Shield' applying invulnerability even if you didn't charge it up.
    The Sorcerer skill 'Gale Force' now only makes you dash when you charge the skill. In addition, you now dash forward instead of backward.
    All Sorcerer abilities have an increased critical damage value. In addition, abilities that add a DoT (Fireball, Curse, etc.) will now have a chance for critical damage for each tick on the DoT itself. This should make it viable to spec your Sorcerer for a high Crit chance. Feedback is as always welcome.

So if we look at this, you little smurfs have gotten since September: Fireball nerfed, myth staff nerfed, Gale nerfed, Crit rate nerfed ,,for a high crit chance'', Arcane Shield nerfed, and your DoT - s nefred to have a critical chance ( I'm guessing Clock and Curse ). This is all in past 5 months.

While on the other hand, in the same period rogues got damage reduced (since all classes got nerfed to take less damage ) and the only other one worth mentioning is that the Dev bow was slightly reduced so that the Myth bow can top it. Warrior however also got some nerfing on the heal and also damage reduced, but no where as near as you mages got nerfed.

This is what you need to get in your mind, because this is dead on. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a mage hater, I love you little smurfs, but it's not that hard to be good with a mage in pvp. I'll go a bit bold here and say it's easier to be good with a mage then with a rogue. Comments and hating welcome on that But all in all, you don't need more nerfs, just a bit more optimism and a bit more practice. Because .... practice makes perfect
    You should say "buff", instead of "nerf". Nerf is the opposite of buff

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

To nerf: Weaking a particular element of a game
    in under to balance the overall gameplay.
    To buff: Enhancing a particular element of a
    game in order to give it a better performance
    than its earlier state

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Thank you to basketholic209 and EliteFamily for making me see I embarrassed myself quite a lot, but you know what I meant xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

I. Fireball was fixed so that it aims and connects properly - I would hardly call this a buff since it should have been like that from the start.

II. They nerfed the Orbital Staff because the proc was making it so that mages were taking almost no damage from attacks in pvp/pve - This was done to balance the game for rouges and warriors, not the mages.

III. Sheild was fixed so that the uncharged version of shield didn't give invulnerability for 2 seconds - a clear and distinct nerfing of the skill to again balance the game in the other classes favor. Gale was fixed so that instead of backwards dash we get the forward dash - a much needed adjustment since back peddling makes no sense. Heal was nerfed for pvp - again, to balance classes.

All Sorcerer abilities have an increased critical damage value. In addition, abilities that add a DoT (Fireball, Curse, etc.) will now have a chance for critical damage for each tick on the DoT itself. This should make it viable to spec your Sorcerer for a high Crit chance - This is the only clear and distinct buff other than the gale forward dash change that was done to benefit the mage class, which was much needed, tbh.

So what we have essentially is one real buff which was adding increased crit rate for our skills, which is great considering that mages are still the punching bags of AL. If anything we could stand to have a couple of more tweaks if you ask me. *coughfixhealcough*
    Last edited by Sorcerie; 01-24-2014 at 02:36 PM.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Sorcerie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

So they fixed fireball to actually work its not a buff.

Yes the damage reduction proc of the staff actually causes damage reduction, still no attack buff. Also everyone does not use orbital staff

So they fixed shield and in fact nerfed it in a way that it needs to charge to gain invulnerability

They fixed Gale force to make it work better its neither a buff or nerf

Nerfed

They buffed crit.. But on average a mage can max at maybe if lucky 25% crit. But most I've seen average between 16-21%. So on average 80% of the time they don't crit on skill unless using ribbit. No one in Pvp uses DoT because doing 10 - 15 DoT dmg to a total of 150-200 on a toon that has 3200 - 6000 Hp does nothing to the end result especially when the fight will last less than 5 seconds. Crit. value is very inconsistent. I've seen my DoT crit on Grimnr at 10-15 using fireball lol. He probably has over 50,000 Hp. Whoop dee doo.

Which does nothing for the pvp side of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

A full myth mage vs a full myth rogue or warrior will almost always lose in pvp.Have you ever played a mage in pvp theres nothing easy about it. Most the time its Join a game look for a rogue and try to kill it. But if you see a warrior u run like hell and hope he doesnt have axe throw or skyward smash.