Thread: buying platinum as android user

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default buying platinum as android user

Hi there!

I really like Pocket Legends and I'm really tempted to buy some platinum, there's only one problem... I don't have a creditcard! And since you can only buy platinum via Google Checkout (which needs a creditcard...), does this mean that I'm screwed?

Is there a way to buy platinum as an android user without using a credit card?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you have a bank account, but not a credit card, you have a check card issued to you by your bank. most banks provide this service. your debit card acts as a credit card when making purchases online.
    Last edited by Zandog; 12-06-2010 at 04:28 PM.

Mobile Concept Designer / Adobe Certified Expert
    http://zandog.deviantart.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually -- there's another way -- buy yourself a MasterCard or Visa gift card. Then activate that gift card and use that as your default payment card inside Google Checkout. It's a good way to safeguard your information and make minor purchases online.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hadn't thought of doing it that way. It's a great way to keep my wife from noticing that I bought more plat!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

hahahahahahahha totally agree!!!!!!
    Rusalio~Lvl 75 Tank|Dexalio~Lvl 75 Archer|MaGalio~Lvl 76 Mage|[COLOR="red"]| plus 100 more...Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Another idea; using Paypal

Quote Originally Posted by Wushu View Post
    Actually -- there's another way -- buy yourself a MasterCard or Visa gift card. Then activate that gift card and use that as your default payment card inside Google Checkout. It's a good way to safeguard your information and make minor purchases online.
    Papal is another idea. I have attached, safely and securely, my checking account to my Papal account. Through Papal I was able to get a credit debit card attached to that account because I do not have a credit card either. Papal will automatically withdraw funds from your bank account if you wish or you can have it set so that it will decline if there is not enough funds in your Papal account. This way, it will not auto-withdraw from your primary bank account, when you use your Papal debit card credit card.

Cheers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFifty View Post
    I hadn't thought of doing it that way. It's a great way to keep my wife from noticing that I bought more plat!!!!
    Keep in mind with some of these pre-purchased or pre-paid for credit-type cards, mastercard or visa, there can be HIDDEN FEES with them!

When I used my paypal credit debit card there were not any fees, international or otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Wolfe View Post
    Keep in mind with some of these pre-purchased or pre-paid for credit-type cards, mastercard or visa, there can be HIDDEN FEES with them!

When I used my paypal credit debit card there were not any fees, international or otherwise.
    CRAP, so are you saying my wife is gonna find out anyway?!! Just kiddin, I was thinkin of running to Wal-Mart and scoopin up a $20 Prepaid Visa, even if it charged me $5 on a $15 purchase that's fine! $15 worth of plat goes a LONG way in this game!!! This close to Christmas she isn't gonna ask any questions if I spend $20 at Wally World!
    Victory or Death.... or RESPAWN!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

dear spacetimestudios, you are making BIG bussiness mistake, you are wasting effort to create christmas theme in to the game, your all effort and with PRIORITY 1 should be first of all PAYPAL payment for premium, if I am calculating right, you are LOOSING $2500 daily, which is $75.000 per month, at least ! So every fracking day you are loosing net profit on your game. Do paypal payments and do it ASAP!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Google checkout works fine so what da problem is?! I only had PayPal until I NEEDED Google Checkout to buy Plat.... amazingly enough, It was just as easy to sign up for Google Checkout as it was to sign up for PayPal and now I have the added benefit of having two methods for other online purchases. Just get a Google account and you'll see that they are loosing NO money!!
    Victory or Death.... or RESPAWN!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Google checkout will soon support Paypal transactions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i want to thank you for paypal , I already spent $26