Thread: How can I make gold?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How can I make gold?

How can I make gold? Fighting costs me a lot of potions. And every time I buy more, I end up with less gold then the previous time I bought potions. So the longer I play, the less gold I have.
    I'm at lvl 7 now, with just a very little gold left. How should I continue?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know your class but you should try to increase your regen rates (health and mana). When above 10, life is different.

For money:
    - wipe dunjeons for gold and trash items to sell (need to be patient)
    - wipe bosses for items to sell as auctions (need to be lucky)
    - ask for gold in exchange of power leveling (run your business)
    - platinum (when you've got more gold IRL)
    - beg for gold (who know, could work)
    - scams (not recommended)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Well as time goes on gold inreases from monsters and from items. You'll live.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i dont under stand how fighting cost u potions.. at lower lvls..

i might have bought 100 mana pots in total and i just hit 31..

sell all your worthless stuff asap, sell pinks, purples, that aren't to good cheap in the auction house, hiden crates have dugeons with bosses that can drop rare items..

sold a lvl 19 staff for 60k, maybe i could have gotten more, but im happy with it. brought my total up to 100k at lvl 30, dunno if thats good, but its just from exping..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SnowGoon View Post
    i dont under stand how fighting cost u potions.. at lower lvls..

i might have bought 100 mana pots in total and i just hit 31..

sell all your worthless stuff asap, sell pinks, purples, that aren't to good cheap in the auction house, hiden crates have dugeons with bosses that can drop rare items..

sold a lvl 19 staff for 60k, maybe i could have gotten more, but im happy with it. brought my total up to 100k at lvl 30, dunno if thats good, but its just from exping..
    When I leveled potions were hard to get... I agree gold is hard to get at low levels because most of the sales are level 45-50 and twink items. But I would think that the lower level items will increase in value due to new players joining.

So if your lucky and get a pink post it in the auction house and hope it sells...
    (Yes I killed a dev)
    Don't screw with the pew! (not literally) lol
    Active Toons: MoarPewPew,Enrages,PewPewJr
    I award Pew Points.(Keep Track!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I think gold was a little bit tight when I was all low levels, but I don't remember running out of it. A couple things: the dungeons DO drop potions. Apparently if you carry under 25 of one, it will give you some more. That helped.

Liquidating useless EQ helped.

It also helped when I wore one or two +m/s items and/or upped my stats in say, STR or INT. Someone mentioned this: maximize your h/s and m/s. Of course, if you have a specific build, when you are richer or higher level, you might have to respec, or you might just live with it. There's information in the forums about what you need for bird/elf/bear in STR or INT to get a 1 hs/ms, which also helped a lot. I remember just having stats so you naturally have 1 h/s and 1 m/s and then wearing EQ so you get a total of 2 h/s and 2 m/s helped a ton. There's fairly easy to get low level EQ to give you at least those stats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by 77cats View Post
    I don't know your class but you should try to increase your regen rates (health and mana). When above 10, life is different.

For money:
    - wipe dunjeons for gold and trash items to sell (need to be patient)
    - wipe bosses for items to sell as auctions (need to be lucky)
    - ask for gold in exchange of power leveling (run your business)
    - platinum (when you've got more gold IRL)
    - beg for gold (who know, could work)
    - scams (not recommended)

Scams and beg for gold.... As if you would even post them in there.... Especially scams....he's lvl 7...
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I don't really know what to suggest. When I was a lower level I never had a issue with money. I always was able to purchase the top gears for that level. Potion wise, they are not exactly required. Lvl's 20 - 45 I don't think I purchased a single potion, I just let the potion refills do the work for me.

I do have one suggestion though, try farming with a high level at hidden passage 4 in Balefort. Often level 50's farm for rare low level drops there and its easy gold at lower levels.

Now that I'm lvl 50 I burn through thousands of potions xD.... Because I am a impatient farmer, I don't like waiting for my lazy team mates to catch up. So I find myself taking 100% aggro, solo for about 20 seconds, 100% of the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Just play the game. Why do you need the best gear at low levels anyway? You're just gonna grow out of it. I didn't buy a single item until I lvl 50, and b/w lvl 45-50 I maybe traded 2-3. I don't understand all the newbies standing around in town buying items (thankfully the new shop is in balefort now so I don't have to see it anymore). Just play the game. Wear the best items you get and liquidate or sell the items you don't need. If you play with other people, occasionally someone may even throw a piece your way that's better than what you're using. But don't spend your whole time worrying about equipment at that level. Just kill things

Also, just to make sure (cuz it took me a while to discover this lol), you do know potions are a lot cheaper to buy from the potion store in Forest Haven than if you buy it from the store menu, right?