Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Are current mythic items going to be upgradeable to lv41 mythics?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default Are current mythic items going to be upgradeable to lv41 mythics?

Hello everyone.
    As the title says, is there any confirmation that current mythic items will be upgradeable to lv41?
    Or at least, are armor+helm going to be upgradeable/tradeable?
    Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

"mythic armor" we can rebuild it, make it faster, stronger, it is... the 6 million gold suit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Stop making these threads. No one knows. The power level of these threads have gone over 9000.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to keikali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    Stop making these threads. No one knows. The power level of these threads have gone over 9000.
    How about you relax? I wasnt around past few weeks so I dont know and I haven't read every single thread on the forum. Gosh..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chorba69 View Post
    How about you relax? I wasnt around past few weeks so I dont know and I haven't read every single thread on the forum. Gosh..
    That's what the search function is for. Just a tip

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Even if u cant upgrade it. It will prob still be better than lvl 41 legendary

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sheener For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

STS is discussing it behind the scenes. They will post their decision later.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

I heard that they will be upgradable.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheener View Post
    Even if u cant upgrade it. It will prob still be better than lvl 41 legendary
    Agree😊

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I doubt any more items will be upgradable ever. I think STS is sorry they ever made the original mythic helm & armor upgradable as it has lead to endless threads like this with folks asking for every other item to be upgradable.

In Pocket Legends we never had a single item that was ever upgradable through expansions all the way up to level 76.

And you know what? It's more fun that way as you actually have something to do in the next expansion. The problem with having gear upgradable is that the legendary items from the new campaign are not worth very much as there is little demand for them, and so then nobody wants to farm elites because it is not worth the time for the little money that can be made, and the end result is a boring PvE part of the game.

The only interesting thing you could farm in the Shuyal expansion was the archon rings and that was because the mythic ring was not upgradable. Architect helms and armors were worth less than 50k because everyone upgraded their mythics. I don't want to see a repeat of this in the next campaign. If there is I may be bored enough that I will find a new game.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 01-26-2014 at 08:02 PM.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I doubt any more items will be upgradable ever. I think STS is sorry they ever made the original mythic helm & armor upgradable as it has lead to endless threads like this with folks asking for every other item to be upgradable.

In Pocket Legends we never had a single item that was ever upgradable through expansions all the way up to level 76.

And you know what? It's more fun that way as you actually have something to do in the next expansion. The problem with having gear upgradable is that the legendary items from the new campaign are not worth very much as there is little demand for them, and so then nobody wants to farm elites because it is not worth the time for the little money that can be made, and the end result is a boring PvE part of the game.

The only interesting thing you could farm in the Shuyal expansion was the archon rings and that was because the mythic ring was not upgradable. Architect helms and armors were worth less than 50k because everyone upgraded their mythics. I don't want to see a repeat of this in the next campaign. If there is I may be bored enough that I will find a new game.
    The mythic helm and chest still drop, and still sell for quite a bit of money last time I checked. What happens to the lev 26/31 mythic armor if new armor starts dropping? Why would anyone spend money on obsolete armor in order to do a quest for more obsolete armor? If there is a mythic 41 or 46 armor set, and I get a 26 helm after opening 200+ crates, I would smash my face against my MBA. If the armor is upgradable at 46 (or hat at 41, whatever) the level 26 mythic hat still has value, and you still have to quest to get it to 36, then again to get it to the next level.
    The only reason a player would rather have new level 41 or 46 mythic armor dropping out of crates instead of an upgrade quest is because he is lazy, or a greedy merch.

STS has already said the way loot enters the game is being modified/changed/staggered for the new expansion. There are 3 slots besides the chest/helm that can still be farmed, and there really aren't that many people that have the mythic set---Just because everyone in your guild does doesn't mean everyone that plays does! The player base is maturing so there are going to be more people that saved and bought the armor. This is a good thing for STS. It is much easier to get money out of existing customers than new customers in the long haul. Making the current mythic armor obsolete and replacing it with more slot machine loot (arcane pets, weapons) will alienate more players than it brings in.

I really hope as the player base grows STS shifts from "compugacha" for high end loot. If you want to see a really nice implementation of using real world money to advance in a game play Dead Trigger 2 for a bit, their system is pretty awesome. I really like playing Arcane Legends--first game I have stuck with since quitting WoW a few years ago!
    Lets hope whatever STS comes up with it will make more people happy than it does mad!!
    Last edited by Khylan; 01-26-2014 at 09:53 PM.
    <Khylara 41 Rogue> The Collective

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Khylan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Did you even read the "itemization" thread in suggestion/feedback forum? all new items wont be there since the beginning of the season, maybe like 3 or 4 weeks later. And I doubt they are making a new mythic set too. Mythic lvl 36 will be slightly better than legendaries, and unupgraded will be for twinks usage. You had the best gear set for 2 seasons already, why not let go and be normal for one season? Isnt it boring to only use one same gear set all the time?
    Check this, and see how its confirmed when a dev thanked : http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ed-to-upgrades
    Last edited by Sceazikua; 01-26-2014 at 09:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Khylan View Post
    The mythic helm and chest still drop, and still sell for quite a bit of money last time I checked. What happens to the lev 26/31 mythic armor if new armor starts dropping? Why would anyone spend money on obsolete armor in order to do a quest for more obsolete armor? If there is a mythic 41 or 46 armor set, and I get a 26 helm after opening 200+ crates, I would smash my face against my MBA.
    There is always a big market for twink items. Just like how arcane hooks still sells for 8m+ even though much better rogue weapons exist, mythic helms and armor will still sell for a decent amount. If you want to get the achievement for crafting the level 36 set, then you need them, and if you want to do PvP at level 26, 31 or 36, they are the best armor and helm, by far.

Judging by all the recent threads complaining about how the "Top Players" leaderboard is calculated, I think there are TONS of players who want to compete for that, and all of them will need the mythic crafting achievement. And each time one of those sets becomes crafted, it can no longer be traded, so it removes both the helm and armor from the market. So the market will never be flooded with these items.

The level 31 mythic weapons are discontinued, so those will retain their value as rare overpowered twink weapons. And the mythic amulets and ring will continue to be great twink items. The market on the ring and amulet could become saturated since they always remain tradable and they are not discontinued. So those two items could see their prices become reduced over time.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 01-27-2014 at 12:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chorba69 View Post
    Hello everyone.
    As the title says, is there any confirmation that current mythic items will be upgradeable to lv41?
    Or at least, are armor+helm going to be upgradeable/tradeable?
    Thanks
    Mythic wont be upgradable.

1. STS cant make money anymore why? because if there is a new mythic / arcane a lot of people ill open crates.
    2. If mythic will be upgradable no one will farm elite for cheap pinks. since most of the players are full mythics,

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

I think it'd be good to simply have us upgrade our existing mythic armor and helm to 41 with a rigorous questline that will have to take us weeks to complete. These upgraded mythics will be stronger than 41 legendaries. Then STG can release by, say, mid s6 mythics that are even better than 41 upgraded Vili/himingleva/uller mythics. This would satisfy everyone Imo and would let ppl have the best gear for half a season before new mythics arrive (which will satisfy the hardcores).

Of course, adding Arcane armor and helms will change things

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    I think it'd be good to simply have us upgrade our existing mythic armor and helm to 41 with a rigorous questline that will have to take us weeks to complete. These upgraded mythics will be stronger than 41 legendaries. Then STG can release by, say, mid s6 mythics that are even better than 41 upgraded Vili/himingleva/uller mythics. This would satisfy everyone Imo and would let ppl have the best gear for half a season before new mythics arrive (which will satisfy the hardcores).

Not a bad idea at all! However, the quest better really take weeks. I don't want to see players walking around with the new sets after 2 days. It needs to be a really hard quest, one that can be done, but one that is actually difficult AND time consuming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post

Upgrading them just to have better mythics released is kind of pointless, seeing that the 36 mythics are going to already be more powerful than the 41 legendaries. Why make a middle item when they already are?
    Upgrading 5 levels is crazy, but giving a small buff like hooks got (if actually needed) is plenty reasonable.

As for arcanes....! Woooo! That'll be crazy stuff. I'd laugh to see a 36 arcane armor to be released instead of the 'dreaded' 41 mythic armor. lol
    Only those who risk going past the edge will find out how far they can go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

I'm okay with the mythic armor and helms being compatible with the initial legendaries and then slowly getting phased out with mid season legendaries. I just want them tradable if they're going to be junk, but hopefully that will be 46
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morholt View Post
    Upgrading them just to have better mythics released is kind of pointless, seeing that the 36 mythics are going to already be more powerful than the 41 legendaries. Why make a middle item when they already are?
    Upgrading 5 levels is crazy, but giving a small buff like hooks got (if actually needed) is plenty reasonable.

As for arcanes....! Woooo! That'll be crazy stuff. I'd laugh to see a 36 arcane armor to be released instead of the 'dreaded' 41 mythic armor. lol
    Think of it as being 3 tiered: the top players, merchants and plat players can have the new mythics while those who aren't as rich/have no hope of accumulating ~20m can upgrade their existing stuff and lastly those who don't have enough for vili/himingleva/uller mythics can go with legendaries. Of course the old mythics don't need to have a huge boost, just a few damage and a hundred or so health points over new legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Not a bad idea at all! However, the quest better really take weeks. I don't want to see players walking around with the new sets after 2 days. It needs to be a really hard quest, one that can be done, but one that is actually difficult AND time consuming.
    Thanks, its time AL got a really hard quest Imo, one that could possibly pull guilds together in working towards a common goal...maybe like killing each of the Elusive 4 AFTER receiving the quest, or, say, killing specific arena bosses a specific number of times. Or even harder stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Eh, 3 tiers sounds good, but what would be amazing to achieve this (while also being a long term solution to the economy) is if they just released a new batch of mythics every 5 lvls. It'd make it so each new set of mythics would be extremely expensive and rare to have all of in the current season. A person would be lucky with just one or two. It'd be a truly rare site for a maxed out player to be walking around, unlike nowadays--go to Paradise Pier and everyone is. Then most people are wearing prevous lvl mythics and current elite legendary gear. It'd make it so that PvP could be playable with farmed gear. And farming elite maps would be worth it. I could see a lvl 46 elite legendary staff of brutality going for 1 million.
    And sts can randomly sprinkle in an arcane here and there (preferably, one for each class at each time).
    Only those who risk going past the edge will find out how far they can go.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Morholt For This Useful Post: