Thread: Why no cap for over a year can/is a good thing.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Default Why no cap for over a year can/is a good thing.

As you all may know, PL has been getting negative comments towards the developers lack of attention to PL. Things like no cap over a year, repeating holidays, Pl Sheild becoming public, etc.

Well maybe it's a good thing...?

We will start with the pvp perspective. When ever a new cap comes out the other pvp areas, 15, 25, 35, 50, etc, is abandoned for quite some time. Because, well a lot of people are focusing on the current cap. And when a new cap comes out you'll be there for a while. Gotta grind to Elite Level, get crafted gear, pvp a lot, optional, etc. And if developers just keep rolling out new caps every month, the other parts of PL would be abandoned. I myself I have noticed this, 61 use to be dead because of the new caps, but now since no new campaign has arrived a lot of people are trying out other levels. 61 has had a exceptional amount of growth. Where it was 1-2 lvl 56-60 games/hour, to 5-6 lvl 56-60 games/hour. I see new faces, not new players like the ones everyone rushs, but people trying out the level.

Now the money perspective, no cap may mean no money for devs, because when a new cap comes out generally people spend $$$ to level cap and get gear. But no cap for a while may also mean the developers are trying to squeeze the last amount of juice out of us possible.

And what I mean by this is...no cap for a while forces players to try out new levels, which requires them to lvl, which then means they might spend $$$ to lvl, or to get money ,by farming, for gear at that pvp level. Therefore rolls in more $$$ for Sts.

What else is good about no new campign for a while?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to largecommand For This Useful Post: