Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running lower levels to help out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Running lower levels to help out

When I started the game, I had a lot of random higher levels join into my instances and run through, helping me. I recently hit 50, got somewhat geared up and figured I would return the favor by helping others. Tonight, I was running a group through some of the lower levels and after about 4-5 different levels a Rare Pink drops (valued around 100k), of course with my luck, it didn't go to me, and as soon as this guy gets it he leaves the group. I message him and ask him if I can have it, since I was doing most the work, and I could use it on one of my twinks. Well, needless to say, I never received a response, but not more than 20 minutes later, I see it in the CS.
    So, along with me ranting a little bit, and deciding I am never running a lower level instance with a pick up group again. What does everyone else think about this? Is it just the way the game is played, or are some players actually honest and not concerned only about their own greed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well I would of sold it and gone 50/50 IMO
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Um, I run lower level dungeons periodically, pop pink and don't get them and don't ask for them. I figure the lower level players can use them more than I can and if they make some money, sounds good. They usually are not so rude as to leave when one drops, but I suppose there's always a first.

I usually pick where I want to go, find instances of those to join, and join the emptiest or lowest level one and continue that way for a bit. I see the same players usually over and over, gratz them when they level, we all have a good time, and are happy when rares drop. I have considered asking to BUY the items, but the truth is that during those times, I would rather run fast than sit around and discuss prices. Moreover, probably the majority of these players can use the items/money more than me.

So no, I don't think players in general are rude and I don't see how that is greedier than usual or greedier than the already rich players in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm lvl 29...I could probly use 100k a lot more than an endgamer.
    Hi, my name is Olhar. I'm a lvl41 mage in EOS and I'm an alcoholic.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uctiger62 View Post
    I'm lvl 29...I could probly use 100k a lot more than an endgamer.
    I like that . Don't forget many of us endgamer's keep playing because we are trying to fill set(s). I'm working on full Rift right now.. I got full void and cosmos with all weapons, once I get rift I don't know what I will do. Maybe I will level my 2 noobie alts to 50 and make a few pvp twinks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Man, I'm lazy! I only farm when I feel like it, so I'm still missing two armors and an MB, but then isn't everybody?

I have no clue how people farm for hours and hours. After about an hour (hmm...maybe 1/2 hour LOL), I'm ready to sit about and do nothing :P Ok, maybe some shopping, but that's about it.

Oh oh I have a new story: I joined a PUG yesterday (or was it the night before? who remembers these things? :P) and once we get to the boss room, the maker (um, who was that?) asked that I give all Rifts or some such to him, so I bugged out (Was that bad?). Yippee! So then later I joined a group of friends running fast and popped a.... Rift armor. LOL I would have given it to this leader, who is a buddy, but the group was doing good. Mine was 2nd pop and leader already had his so all good. Everyone happy.
    Last edited by Fyrce; 11-29-2010 at 07:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Man, I'm lazy! I only farm when I feel like it, so I'm still missing two armors and an MB, but then isn't everybody?

I have no clue how people farm for hours and hours. After about an hour (hmm...maybe 1/2 hour LOL), I'm ready to sit about and do nothing :P Ok, maybe some shopping, but that's about it.
    Find some good teams of people whose company you enjoy. Time goes faster if you're chatting in between bosses, etc. And it doesn't hurt to have someone you can split loot with when you're farming together -- double the chance of getting loot.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Find some good teams of people whose company you enjoy. Time goes faster if you're chatting in between bosses, etc. And it doesn't hurt to have someone you can split loot with when you're farming together -- double the chance of getting loot.
    100% chance of going home with 50% less gold too..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Cool story bro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I have no problems with giving things to people (As I said, with the friends group, I was considering giving away my Rift but no one needed it so my warrior now has it. My fingers are not that sticky :P Pinks tend to slip through them quite a bit. LOL. ), but I'd rather choose whether I do that or not or have a prior agreement.

I did not know any of the people in the PUG, which is a bit unusual (usually there's at least one I already know on one character or another), and he waited until boss to ask, which bugged me a bit. And said it was a requirement as maker. When he said it was a requirement, I left.

I've experienced boss booting before. OK, it was a long time ago, in Ao2, but my memory is long :P and I generally like groups better that realize everybody in the group has the same right to whatever pops. He could have asked to trade or buy, but he did not, so bye-bye.

I love good teams and I'll usually run with them until they break up, but at some point my fingers get tired :P Usually about then, someone needs to go, and that's when I go take a break

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I got a low level story too! I was bored so I decided to help some random lucky low levels out in Dark Forest. I ran through the dungeon from the first level to the last level. In the third level one of them got a Forest Chain of Legend. I said congrats and left it at that. I didn't want to take advantage of him because he was new. So after the last level, I went afk. When I came back I went back to towne and the same guy said "Selling Level 10 forest chain of legend, 5k" Omg I jumped all over that !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    100% chance of going home with 50% less gold too..
    But we're both happy when either of us gets loot, and there is no jealousy or hard feelings. We've been doing it for quite some time now and it works well. Obviously, we only split loot that we loot together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Running low levels as a low level is quite fun, too. Some people seem to need a gentle reminder to wear their gears and use their stat/skill points. That kind of feedback is a bit nicer coming from a perceived peer than the guy slaughtering every boss for you with his Glowing Spaceman Laser Wand of Intimidation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Of course, if someone is selling and the price is excellent, I'm buying

Sometimes I run my high levels through low level dungeons, especially to do quests, but Xymorg, you're right. I usually run my low levels or mid-levels through them. The speed's not bad and the groups are just as fun. Hell, even more fun, because they expect a high level to slaughter, but they really go gaga when a lower level does that plus it shows them what they can do at their level if they use some skills. My favorite mid-level is getting too high though *pout* Time to use another one. LOL. I like when my level 4 mage slaughters better than a level 11 one with no special EQs of course.

Wooo, I have another story: A level 12 archer ran off (chicken!) when my level 6 mage (she's level 7 now, which is MUCH too bad -- like I said, leveling's way too fast and she even stopped at 4 for a bit. LOL) dragged like 3 green trolls over to his Babrax (or whatever his name is). So she and a level 7 (he might have been 6) warrior killed them all and cleared the level. LOL. Another good game. Is gloating bad?
    Last edited by Fyrce; 11-29-2010 at 08:23 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

But we're both happy when either of us gets loot, and there is no jealousy or hard feelings. We've been doing it for quite some time now and it works well. Obviously, we only split loot that we loot together.
    knowing my luck I will be the one getting all the rift parts though.. I don't think anyone here would want to share a power armor of the rift drop though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

knowing my luck I will be the one getting all the rift parts though.. I don't think anyone here would want to share a power armor of the rift drop though.
    We've done it. And we've sold/split some mega blasters, void wings, plenty of stuff. Now we both have pretty much all we need anyway, so we just sell all our loot and split the profits.

You should try it sometime -- it's really quite nice (as long as you can trust the other person).

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

We've done it. And we've sold/split some mega blasters, void wings, plenty of stuff. Now we both have pretty much all we need anyway, so we just sell all our loot and split the profits.

You should try it sometime -- it's really quite nice (as long as you can trust the other person).
    Which is no one :P. I've yet to meet any trustworthy players. I'm not expecting it from a online game though :P.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Which is no one :P. I've yet to meet any trustworthy players. I'm not expecting it from a online game though :P.
    Wow really? I've met several people I have no problem lending/sharing items with. (One just told me he deleted the game after this recent update. Ack! )

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Wow really? I've met several people I have no problem lending/sharing items with. (One just told me he deleted the game after this recent update. Ack! )
    lol I delete and ignore like 99.9% of the people I add. I somehow add all the annoying 50's that spam invite and beg for gold.
    Plus some people get too attached. I had some guy think I was his best friend ever (in real life too) and he followed me like 24/7.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Lol you got yourself a stalker!