Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Noobs leeching on higher level dungeons!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Noobs leeching on higher level dungeons!!!!!!!

there is nothing more annoying than joining an alien oasis part III game just to find out 3 out of 5 of those people are low level noobs who are useless to the team. why would you make it so that low levels can go to high level dungeons?? all that does is make it harder for the people who actually belong there to get through it -_-. every time i join a game theres at least 2 people in their 20s....How the hell do u lvl with people on your team who can barely kill 1 monster? Fawkthisgame.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

not to mention they also get pinks that they dont even need...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Thats the host's job to get rid of them. If they are friends with host doing a level, its not your call, find another game. They should have locked it if it were just them though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

maybe u can try asking the leader to boot them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree that noobs leeching on higher lvl dungeons is very annoying..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkthisgame View Post
    there is nothing more annoying than joining an alien oasis part III game just to find out 3 out of 5 of those people are low level noobs who are useless to the team.
    Your "joining" someones game, if you don't like it host your own game...

Problem solved... You can boot...

Also we should be welcoming to the new players. All of us were once new and it would be nice if we helped each other out. They won't always be newbies.
    (Yes I killed a dev)
    Don't screw with the pew! (not literally) lol
    Active Toons: MoarPewPew,Enrages,PewPewJr
    I award Pew Points.(Keep Track!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

no it is not solved because to host your own game you will have to wait a looong time to get people & about the welcoming thing....most of them have lvl 50s already and even if they dont, its unfair that they go to dungeons they dont belong in and there will always be newbies coming in

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Asking people to leave or booting is the only current option. I am actually kind of surprised we don't have host options for min level yet, but even then you'd have to rely in the host to take care of it.
    Last edited by Royce; 11-28-2010 at 09:00 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

no it is not solved because to host your own game you will have to wait a looong time to get people & about the welcoming thing....most of them have lvl 50s already and even if they dont, its unfair that they go to dungeons they dont belong in and there will always be newbies coming in
    actualy, lhe longest ive had to wait for somebody to join my games is like 45 seconds. so, really, problem solved. ajd some of those "noobs" are actualy seasoned players, using an alt, or have their char frozen at that level. and even low level players can be usefull sometimes. i joined a game in ao2 with no host, a lvl 3 mage joined, and actually faught killed at least ten mobs alone and didnt die at all, not to mention they healed the group every few seconds.
    the way i see it, if youre in a game and a low lvl player joins, give them a chance to proove themselves, if they dont do anything, ask them to leave, or boot them, but make sure you tell them they need to spend some time in maps that are on their level
    Quote Originally Posted by Balonia View Post
    I just want to kill Santa. Can that be arranged?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Then make friends and farm with them... I'm done giving suggestions on this thread seems like a big QQ/ Rant...

I have plenty of people I play with and I also tend to join games with random people. If I do host an ao2 or ao1 level I let anyone join... ( I can solo it) I help out lower levels in the process of farming. ( I could boot but I don't)

Last thing... At ao1 I've went in it with my bear when she was level 29 and I solo most mobs, at level 30 I tank the bosses and I have yet to die there.

Base people on there skill and awareness in the game than level. (leveling is easy, not messing up is not as easy)
    (Yes I killed a dev)
    Don't screw with the pew! (not literally) lol
    Active Toons: MoarPewPew,Enrages,PewPewJr
    I award Pew Points.(Keep Track!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

As a noob, it's a little weird to see that I can join high lvl dungeons.

As a noob, it's EXTREMELY ****ING STRANGE to see that I can join high lvl dungeons and randomly win loot?

The random looting is extremely off-putting. There should be a roll feature or something.

Even if it's not noob ninja'ing high lvl gear, then it's a scenario that happened earlier: I joined a run where there was only one person and he was clearing...I got to the end of the dungeon where he/she was just in time to see the boss go down, and I got the pink. As soon as this toon saw that, he got pissed and cussed me out, then left the dungeon. While I enjoy getting epic gear and whatnot, I don't think it's ok for this to happen.

At this point...I run dungeons for the experience. There should be an option for the host to turn LOOT OFF for anyone who is XX levels lower than the lowest mob in that dungeon.
    Hi, my name is Olhar. I'm a lvl41 mage in EOS and I'm an alcoholic.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Thats the host's job to get rid of them. If they are friends with host doing a level, its not your call, find another game. They should have locked it if it were just them though.
    Why did you even bring this up? 99.9% of the games hosts are gone. Generally games with the host are just started and full. Noobs don't come in until the group has left and all thats left are a couple bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlz View Post
    actualy, lhe longest ive had to wait for somebody to join my games is like 45 seconds. so, really, problem solved.
    Is Kurlz your IGN? The games are in alphabetical by the hosts name. People starting with A have a advantage over people whos name starts with z. Because everyone see's the A game and not many people will scroll down to the Z game.
    Last edited by Pharcyde; 11-28-2010 at 10:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree and disagree, lol.
    I agree that it can be annoying sometimes to be joined by noobs, especially if you need a good team (A03,..).
    But if you are farming for pinks in Levels you can solo, noobs are great! Each time I host a game like this i'm asking Low levels who's joining to give me their drop if it's pink, so i can have up to 4 chances to have a pink, lol. It's a win/win, And that's work.

So, yes i completely agree with the fact that more hosting options are needed to fit each players.
    Last edited by EricB; 11-29-2010 at 11:57 AM.
    /Erathic -Tank: L50 (almost full rift! :/)/ TheGrudge -Mage: L50 (finally full cosmos!)/BadFarmer - Archer: L30

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EricB View Post
    I agree and disagree, lol.
    I agree that it can be annoying sometimes to be joined by noobs, especially if you need a good team (A03,..).
    But if you are farming for pinks in Levels you can solo, noobs are great! Each time I host a game like this i'm asking Low levels who's joining to give me their drop if it's pink, so i can have up to 4 chances to have a pink, lol. It's a win/win, And that's work.
    hmmmm and never happened that noob leaved and ignored u..?
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nope, as most of the time its not super-rare pinks (under 10k value), smarts players don't leaves. But I think i'm lucky, or maybe thats because my farming character name is The Grudge, lol XD
    /Erathic -Tank: L50 (almost full rift! :/)/ TheGrudge -Mage: L50 (finally full cosmos!)/BadFarmer - Archer: L30

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

I was in AO2.2 the other day testing skill damage on the mummies and I usually lock the game when I do this, but I must have forgotten because a level 25 entered the game. I asked them 'Do you even like this game?' and they took that as their cue to leave.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't belong there? Did it dawn to you that this is a public game, and not only plat-paying players have right to playing this game?

I for one, have a level 50 and a low level char, and I had made enough friends to get that low level some levels by leeching. If you don't like that "noobies" are joining games you are in, make your own game and invite the people that you know who should "be there".

It's a game, free for all, and thus, not your call on who "should be there".
    File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree, and i think this thread should be in general discussions, lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EricB View Post
    I agree, and i think this thread should be in general discussions, lol.
    Agree on who? LoL
    File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Agree what you (addiekai) are saying. LoL