Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Income System!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Maybe a way to actually invest in something like an actual stock market? Ctf/Postulate is right free money doesn't work ever.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralchior View Post
    Maybe a way to actually invest in something like an actual stock market? Ctf/Postulate is right free money doesn't work ever.
    Agreed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Postulate1 View Post
    I see this system as AL's system of Obamacare, giving free stuff to people who don't work.
    Don't you think it's a bit ridiculous to compare giving virtual money in a video game to giving sickly poor people health care??

In any case, I agree with you that this is certainly not needed. It's a game! "Poor" in this game means maybe you can't have as good of a bow or sword. It does not mean you are starving to death or sleeping in a cardboard box. I'm all in favor of helping out the needy in real life, but I'll say it again.... this is a game!!

Do you think they should have taken some points away from the Seahawks and given them to the Broncos in yesterday's game since the Seahawks had way more points than the Broncos? Because the suggestion that we take away wealth from the rich players and give it to the poor players in this game is equally absurd.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 02-04-2014 at 01:35 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralchior View Post
    There is such a way. It's called the auction. You buy items, they go up (or down) in value, and then you sell them. Some of us have gotten very rich doing exactly that.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

I agree with your agree
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Don't you think it's a bit ridiculous to compare giving virtual money in a video game to giving sickly poor people health care??

In any case, I agree with you that this is certainly not needed. It's a game! "Poor" in this game means maybe you can't have as good of a bow or sword. It does not mean you are starving to death or sleeping in a cardboard box. I'm all in favor of helping out the needy in real life, but I'll say it again.... this is a game!!

Do you think they should have taken some points away from the Seahawks and given them to the Broncos in yesterday's game since the Seahawks had way more points than the Broncos? Because the suggestion that we take away wealth from the rich players and give it to the poor players in this game is equally absurd.
    I'd like to clarify that no one ever said this wasn't a game. It's merely an idea.

I think taking points away from the Seahawks and giving them to the Broncos is just as absurd as the comparison of giving virtual money in a video game than to giving sickly poor people health care. I believe there is nothing wrong with any type of suggestion, even if they are horrid. The same goes for the suggestion to take wealth from the rich and give to the poor. It's a horrible suggestion that will never follow through, but it is a suggestion nonetheless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Make an in game tax of 40% applicable to anyone having over 50 million (50 mill is tax free anything accumulated above that is taxable. So if your poor you hardly lose anything and if your rich you lose a decent amount. So rich will be forced to spend the wealth on items instead of hoarding it and the poor well they will still struggle anyways. The taxed income can be put forward into a grand ingame lottery where 1 winner is randomly chosen per week. Winner buys what he can and if he has over 50 million he gets auto tax on any amount above it lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Striderevil View Post
    Make an in game tax of 40% applicable to anyone having over 50 million (50 mill is tax free anything accumulated above that is taxable. So if your poor you hardly lose anything and if your rich you lose a decent amount. So rich will be forced to spend the wealth on items instead of hoarding it and the poor well they will still struggle anyways. The taxed income can be put forward into a grand ingame lottery where 1 winner is randomly chosen per week. Winner buys what he can and if he has over 50 million he gets auto tax on any amount above it lol.
    Sounds interesting, but I have to admit. 40% to anyone with over 50 million gold is devastating. Let's say 100 people in AL have 50 million gold. They all have to pay 40% each. If my calculations are accurate, that's approximately 2 billion gold of taxes. First world problems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

The intention behind the idea is good, getting some extra gold to poor players.

However, that's where it ends. Saving account interest rates benefit those with more money in an account. Are you familiar with Bill Gates? His bank account earns $1,000,000 DAILY (at least, before he began giving so much money away). How much does your bank account give you? A dollar a day is probably greater than the average person's.
    Now, consider what happens each time you are awarded your interest. Bill Gates has an extra million bucks next month to collect interest on, while you only have an extra dollar to collect interest on.

If you graphed the two, the growth rate of a rich person would be EXPONENTIALLY greater than of a poor person.
    Over a year, Bill Gates gained over $365 million and you gained just over $365. The gap between him and you is no longer 50 billion...it's now nearly $50.4 billion.

Oh, and your $15,000 in the bank has become severly inflated and worth way less than it was, because Bill Gate's interest just pumped well over 24,000 times the amount of money you have into the economy.

Banks benefit those who have money; the opposite to those without it.
    Only those who risk going past the edge will find out how far they can go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

"Hello, Switzerland, I'd like to open a bank account; I have too much of my money being taxed."

Anyone with more than 50 million gold would just place some of it onto another one of their accounts.
    Only those who risk going past the edge will find out how far they can go.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Dont agree.
    If u suggested taxes Id agree more for that than for stash interests

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Already suggested By me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Just like IRL, its all about money management.

Not everything is necessary to play the game, it just makes the overall gaming experience better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Lightbulb This is rediculous...

I think you should be glad people are allowed to play for free... the real world doesn't even work that way. This is a business for STS... they don't do this out of the goodness of their hearts.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Well if you play for 12 months and you're still poor, something's up. This isn't going to change anything in the economy, just create another window for the rich to become richer.

A correct version of this system could work but it's far too complicated for a simple game like this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

The amount of facepalm in this thread is too much...lol!

There's already a system in place for this - discontinued items. However, they are investments.

Also, the poor do have a way of making the rich poor - singe egg. If the poor person loots it, he can make the rich person shell out quite a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

How about some income other than running Jarl?
    Some long dungeon that has to be run through, with lots of mobs that you cannot skip, say like Hauntlet but no so hard.
    And say 100 or 1k gold as a reward at the end, rather than items that must be sold, or tokens which has to be gathered for many days to buy anything meaningful.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

As much as this idea sounds good everyone will be rich, and there will be no point to this game...
    Yes it may bring a lot of fun, but will never happen...

E.g 20mill In stash will giv you a mill free every month.
    And to some this is a small amount of gold some people have 300+ mill so they would be getting 15+ mill a month...

Also this will make items even harder to find buyers as everyone will just store there gold

How to abuse this- friends like Midas giv gold to one person they stash it every month they get 1.25mill each (more/less)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Default Income Redistribution... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Well if you play for 12 months and you're still poor, something's up. This isn't going to change anything in the economy, just create another window for the rich to become richer.

A correct version of this system could work but it's far too complicated for a simple game like this.
    LOL... this made me think the same thing about real life. The current administration in the US has been trying this for the past few years and it's not working there IRL either :^} There isn't a system like this that works... here or IRL. Ur right... the rich get richer and anyone should be able to figure out in a few months how to do pretty well in game... even without plat. And like I said b4... we're lucky STS let's people play for free.

And Sam's right... if everyone was rich there wouldn't be anything to want or strive for.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I don't pay got gold so as always I'm poor never got rig even once
    Sts needs to fix this or ppl who don't pay might leave the game
    Spraypaint - lvl 81