Thread: Any viable melee birds?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Any viable melee birds?

Kind of interested in building a dps melee bird, seems like they would be kind of like a 'rogue' type of character if they had a viable set up with melee attributes. Anyone have suggestions? Any way to start it at a low level?

Or are they just too squishy?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

With the wing, their not too squishy. But in PvP they get killed by the other melee builds and in PvP there are no top end daggers so other weps pull more damage. Still, after having said that, they have awsome dps which does suffer a little at the armor of enemies but still makes them a viable and fun build. I suggest you look at some of Banned's threads for more info on gear ect, he's a dagger bear but knows what he's talking about when it comes to daggers
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sure thing, thanks alot for the tips & information.
    Would it be advised that I first get a main up and running before venturing off into specialties/twinks/pures and wierd builds?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Definately you want to have at least a level 40+ before adventuring off into the world of twinks, but as for hybrid builds ect, as long as you get in touch with someone experienced with the build and ask for advice, you should have no troubles, if your after a certain bird build, just ask and i can type up a spec that will keep you competing with every other class.
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alright, cool. I'll probably wait until I've got all the map packs and some plat to spend before worrying about getting everything together. Just curious as to if it would be worth the time & if it was decent thing to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I suggest, if birds are the way you want to go, try to get your hands a talon and wing sheild.
    Put most of your points in: Focus-Blastshot-Evasion-RepulseShot-Thornwall-BreakArmour.
    Put all your atribute points in dex, and if you find that you dont have enough m/s put 12 in int for 1 m/s.
    Gearwise, when leveling up put m/s gear as a priority for the best playing experience. M/s gear tends to come in the form of gear with the name "Burglers" at the front of it.

PS. If your between lvl 8 and 17 you might like to know that you can buy a burglers hat fron Ozz the merchent. Burglers spiked bow drop oftern in lower lvl dungeons.

Hope this helps
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

In terms of pvp, melée birds are extremely effective at level 50 with the best gear.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I just assumed he meant dagger birdies, not str birds. Well in that case yes, yes they are.
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Necrobane View Post
    I suggest, if birds are the way you want to go, try to get your hands a talon and wing sheild.
    Put most of your points in: Focus-Blastshot-Evasion-RepulseShot-Thornwall-BreakArmour.
    Put all your atribute points in dex, and if you find that you dont have enough m/s put 12 in int for 1 m/s.
    Gearwise, when leveling up put m/s gear as a priority for the best playing experience. M/s gear tends to come in the form of gear with the name "Burglers" at the front of it.

PS. If your between lvl 8 and 17 you might like to know that you can buy a burglers hat fron Ozz the merchent. Burglers spiked bow drop oftern in lower lvl dungeons.

Hope this helps
    What is m/s?

In terms of pvp, melée birds are extremely effective at level 50 with the best gear.
    I'll try with that later on once I've got myself established on a main character.
    I'm interested in both.

How much is it for another character slot?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

It's 5 plat for another character slot, but you get 2 free. M/S stands for Mana per Second which is a very favourable attribute because it means you can use spells more often because you are constantly regain mana which is obtainable from speccing in int and certain pieces of gear. Despite the first m/s bonus from speccing only 12 in int, the next one is something like50 in int, then 160 or something so the best way to get m/s is from the gear you wear, although it is not uncommon to spec for 12 in int for the boost, especially in lower levels.
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh, didn't know I could create another character, don't see any slots, or realms.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

When you first log in their should be a slot under your characters name that has the option to make a new character.
    Yes, I'm a ninja