Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Guide: The Mage Kills The Maul!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    BUT a legendary FULL PRO mage cant kill a low skilled arcane warrior - NEVER because he only needs to stun once with Maul or pet and finish the mage in first 3 seconds. *lol*

So at the end of the day we are back at : WARRIORS ARE TOTALLY IMBALANCED VS MAGES.

edit: Even in "pro" clashes the number of warriors seperate the winners from the one who dont win. If the number of warriors is equal the Maul gonna win.
    *Correction:

Warriors a totally imbalanced in general, i feel so sorry before the kraken mines entrance and saw them shooting repeatedly "Pt, pt" and noone wants them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali:1495689
    BUT a legendary FULL PRO mage cant kill a low skilled arcane warrior - NEVER because he only needs to stun once with Maul or pet and finish the mage in first 3 seconds. *lol*

So at the end of the day we are back at : WARRIORS ARE TOTALLY IMBALANCED VS MAGES.

edit: Even in "pro" clashes the number of warriors seperate the winners from the one who dont win. If the number of warriors is equal the Maul gonna win.
    *Correction:

Warriors a totally imbalanced in general, i feel so sorry before the kraken mines entrance and saw them shooting repeatedly "Pt, pt" and noone wants them.
    Good at pvp, bad at pve.

Mages opposite.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Well IMO, that's more of an imbalance in gear ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    If im rooted all I can do to attack is axe or pet. On the other hand I can try to heal. Warrior attacks, windmill and cs woupd be useless.

Jug would overcome this of course. Rogues with razorshield with the freedom upgrade too. Mages will have slightly more opportunities to fight at a range and / or buy time to act defensively if necessary.
    I found that your skills can only hit your opponent when you are facing them while rooted by Crawly's arcane ability.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor:1496364
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    If im rooted all I can do to attack is axe or pet. On the other hand I can try to heal. Warrior attacks, windmill and cs woupd be useless.

Jug would overcome this of course. Rogues with razorshield with the freedom upgrade too. Mages will have slightly more opportunities to fight at a range and / or buy time to act defensively if necessary.
    I found that your skills can only hit your opponent when you are facing them while rooted by Crawly's arcane ability.
    Yea line of sight I believe.
    if they added pve timeshift root into pvp, it would be overpowered since when clock runs out, it is ready again. They would have to modify root a bit more. Immunity or a chance.

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Well IMO, that's more of an imbalance in gear ..
    I know... but i wanted to point out how OP warriors are, because a PRO legendary warrior can kill a full myth semiskilled mage, while the other way around wont happen - u see my point now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

To the opening post: if skill spamming is accepted during this battle, heck why not unlock all 8 skills and spam them while they are on cooldown? Start with fireball, curse, timeshift and shield, then swap them for gale, ice, lightning and heal. Could this work?

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    To the opening post: if skill spamming is accepted during this battle, heck why not unlock all 8 skills and spam them while they are on cooldown? Start with fireball, curse, timeshift and shield, then swap them for gale, ice, lightning and heal. Could this work?
    Yes, this could work with macros on a pc. Like pet switching in less than a second or other "cheating" stuff! You wont make this by playing fair on a mobile device imho!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Yeah, like Rob said, that would be too hard to do if you switch skills fairly. Meaning, not using hotkeys or whatever they are, manual switching.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

I know... but i wanted to point out how OP warriors are, because a PRO legendary warrior can kill a full myth semiskilled mage, while the other way around wont happen - u see my point now?
    But a PRO legendary warrior never won against me....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd like to stress that both these quotes are wrong. The warrior, rogue, and as well as the mage's cooldown time for heal is all 15 seconds. Your second quote is wrong as well. We are not powerless.
    lol i would like to see you to kill skilled warrior with glaive or maul see how you deal with that....( i have seen you pvp and you cant kill a warrior)
    even more now juggernaut are overpower mage class...
    what i have been experiencing that warrior and rouge heal skill are much faster than mage coz i have all class...
    we really powerless against warrior with mythic lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ody style View Post
    lol i would like to see you to kill skilled warrior with glaive or maul see how you deal with that....( i have seen you pvp and you cant kill a warrior)
    even more now juggernaut are overpower mage class...
    what i have been experiencing that warrior and rouge heal skill are much faster than mage coz i have all class...
    we really powerless against warrior with mythic lol
    Bring me a maul. I have stated earlier, that with my gear, it's almost impossible to beat a glaive. You probably seen me PvPing when I was on pc.. On pc, I don't know how to use 5 skills efficiently which kind of screws me up. I'll be online mostly all day today so let's see what you got.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bring me a maul. I have stated earlier, that with my gear, it's almost impossible to beat a glaive. You probably seen me PvPing when I was on pc.. On pc, I don't know how to use 5 skills efficiently which kind of screws me up. I'll be online mostly all day today so let's see what you got.
    pvp with mage and mage are pointless there are high chances that i lost or win.....but it not the main reason....
    the problem that we really face are mage class really underpowered by warrior and rouge(same equally gear)
    i will try 1vs 1 with u without using 5 skill if i see u in any pvp map :-)
    and i also semi mythic gear so dont expect too much from me lol
    i really want u too look at heal skill idk its a bug or that is meant to be but mage heal are really sux

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

You can pierce if rooted. You don't move, but the damage is still there. Sometimes though, crawly's arcane will make you miss the person if they are behind you. If they are in front, a sky smash or pierce should work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadJudge View Post
    Sometimes though, crawly's arcane will make you miss the person if they are behind you. If they are in front, a sky smash or pierce should work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It's not sometimes.. If your target is behind you, you will always miss under the influence of Crawly's root.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

pvp with mage and mage are pointless there are high chances that i lost or win.....but it not the main reason....
    the problem that we really face are mage class really underpowered by warrior and rouge(same equally gear)
    i will try 1vs 1 with u without using 5 skill if i see u in any pvp map :-)
    and i also semi mythic gear so dont expect too much from me lol
    i really want u too look at heal skill idk its a bug or that is meant to be but mage heal are really sux
    True, mages aren't the best suited class for PvP, but I seriously think you are underestimating mages in general. What's your ign?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

True, mages aren't the best suited class for PvP, but I seriously think you are underestimating mages in general. What's your ign?
    My hope for next lv cap that STS please give us mage some advantage on pvp...
    mage are good on pve i love the way that mage are independent with health and mana refill...so that mean im not underestimate mage class
    its just i hate that we always lose to warrior even that our dps and damage are more high than other class... i really miss season 1.2.3 when we dont really have problem pvp
    My IGN: odyneo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

My hope for next lv cap that STS please give us mage some advantage on pvp...
    mage are good on pve i love the way that mage are independent with health and mana refill...so that mean im not underestimate mage class
    its just i hate that we always lose to warrior even that our dps and damage are more high than other class... i really miss season 1.2.3 when we dont really have problem pvp
    My IGN: odyneo
    Not necessarily give us the advantage in PvP, but some buffs would be nice.

Mages are ok for regular PvE, but for elites, mages are not independent with health and mana 'refills', on the contrary, they are rather dependent on potions, and you do underestimate the mage class in terms of PvP.

So what if our DPS and damage are higher than other classes? What is that supposed to mean? Just because our DPS and damage on our stat page look high, doesn't mean our damage output is the best.

Here is not a thread to discuss the balance between classes for PvP, there's a separate thread for that. This is a thread explaining a build to kill warriors in 1v1, thanks for caring though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I like this guide. It should help some mages how to deal with warriors. But there is still no way for a mage to kill a skilled tank even if he uses 4 skills. If opponents have the same gear (let's say mythic armor and helm, all other is legendary), mage will definitely lose just because his attack power is not big enough to deal 6k damage in 8 seconds (period between horn heal stop and horn cooldown finish). Rogues are in the same shoes, just make sure you survive between 2nd and 3rd horn, then they just run out of mana and become an easy prey. Warriors are OP, this is a fact, and I think, there will be some balance tweaks related to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not necessarily give us the advantage in PvP, but some buffs would be nice.

Mages are ok for regular PvE, but for elites, mages are not independent with health and mana 'refills', on the contrary, they are rather dependent on potions, and you do underestimate the mage class in terms of PvP.

So what if our DPS and damage are higher than other classes? What is that supposed to mean? Just because our DPS and damage on our stat page look high, doesn't mean our damage output is the best.

Here is not a thread to discuss the balance between classes for PvP, there's a separate thread for that. This is a thread explaining a build to kill warriors in 1v1, thanks for caring though.
    hmm... i have bored to tell you what we really missed i have been pvp since season 2.and you don't really understand what i try to tell you just replied without understanding... IDK why do you felt very offense with all my wrote but i just give the fact that even with same equally gear and skilled, we cant win with warrior that what i seen in many pvp and yes mage are independent they can refill mana and health on they own read our skill addon genius... but nvrmnd i have my way to kill warrior now WITH 4 SKILL ONLY its only takes patient and running....so i end my writing with you are very ignorance kind of person lol
    Last edited by ody style; 03-07-2014 at 09:52 PM.