Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding Mythic and Arcane Items and the Dragon Enclave Expansion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

jajajajajaja i think same...tradeable please ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Okay thanks for the update

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Quite the opposite actually. Most of us "pro" players (the ones who have been playing since season 1 & 2) are the ones saying that the mythics should NOT be upgraded. Every single one of us has the best mythic and arcane items. We just know from experience that the game is more fun when the elite legendary items have good value. We know this because we played during seasons 1-3 when that situation existed.

I don't care if my mythics become obsolete. I will farm, merch, etc.....and I will work hard to get new ones. It has become boring having mythics now anyway because everyone has them. It was fun early in season 4 when I had mythics because most players did not yet have them and I was able to dominate in PvP.

The game becomes boring when everyone has the same gear. I want them to release some new gear. I will work hard, save my money, and hopefully I will acquire that gear before most other players so that I can enjoy that same kind of period that I did early in season 4. That is what makes the game fun. It is a big challenge. Without that kind of challenge, the game becomes very boring.
    Gone were the days of the mighty vorpal swords, agile lifethiefs, and clever staff (cant remember mage's super weapon name) during S1. It was simple back then. Every player can aspire to be the best AL player, because mythic/arcane gears/pets did not exist. It created a healthy competition back then (I really missed those glorious days), because the best gear for any class is within reach of anyone (who is willing to put in the effort and time into AL).

Alas, nowadays, to be even an above-average player, you must own mythic/arcane gears/pets. However, as dictated by the current game mechanics, mythic/arcane gears/pets are meant to be beyond the reach of the majority of the players (for obvious reasons). And it applies whether the player is a plat-user or not (case-in-point: the gambling nature of locked crates).

Personally, this aspect of the game has ruined my appetite for AL.....

P.S. If anyone says: this is how the game is nowadays, take it or leave it; I chose to leave it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Friufi For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Friufi View Post
    Gone were the days of the mighty vorpal swords, agile lifethiefs, and clever staff (cant remember mage's super weapon name) during S1. It was simple back then. Every player can aspire to be the best AL player, because mythic/arcane gears/pets did not exist. It created a healthy competition back then (I really missed those glorious days), because the best gear for any class is within reach of anyone (who is willing to put in the effort and time into AL).

Alas, nowadays, to be even an above-average player, you must own mythic/arcane gears/pets. However, as dictated by the current game mechanics, mythic/arcane gears/pets are meant to be beyond the reach of the majority of the players (for obvious reasons). And it applies whether the player is a plat-user or not (case-in-point: the gambling nature of locked crates).

P.S. If anyone says: this is how the game is nowadays, take it or leave it; I chose to leave it.
    Dont leave,
    im full mythic and has been for a while, but if i put on tarlok assalt armor helm and amulet and epic brutality int ring and a epic staff, (go from 444 to 230dmg) I still can kill most mobs and bosses solo, it takes double the time, but its not like i die alott more.
    i have run with other mages saying my dmg sick and all sort of stuff when im in pt with them, but when i change gear to let them see that skillbuild and playstyle and charging the right skills is more important for survivability then having best gear, they just whine that i should use my mythics since it takes an extra sec to kill a mob..

please dont hate the plat users, let us keep some of the love, we are the ones paying so the gameservers and improvements and so on is implemented.. just my opinion

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to illwilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

While you may have preferred those old days of season 1, I would have gotten very bored if those days had continued. I started playing Arcane Legends about 2 weeks before the the season 2 dead city expansion. And in those 2 weeks I managed to cap my toon to level 16 and acquire all of the best gear available without spending any plat. Sorry, but that is way too easy.

The only reason I enjoyed it was because it was a new game and new things are always fun. But unless STS was going to release a new expansion every 2 weeks, I would have become bored very quickly with such an easy system. I prefer long term goals that take hundreds of hours of gameplay to accomplish. Working hard for my mythic set was exactly that...

During season 4, I spent tons of time farming, merching, doing PvP, etc.... As a result, by the end of season 4 I had managed to have all 5 mythic items for my sorcerer, and I earned 3 leaderboard banners. On the other hand, because they allowed us all to upgrade our armor and helms, farming in season 5 quickly became boring because of low prices of the architect legendary items, and I have found it much harder this season to earn gold. Instead of playing hours every day, I now seem to play about 15-30 minutes each day, just do some quick merching, a couple of quick quests, and then sign off. I'm hoping season 6 returns to the glory of season 4.

I will acknowledge that STS had trouble managing the economy during seasons 3 & 4 due to the cheap crate pinks, but that problem has since been resolved by making those items more rare. I think their new system of releasing items in waves which is coming in season 6 will further increase the value of those items, and farming will once again be fun and very profitable. So be happy there will be mythic and arcane items to work hard for. The game will once again be a challenge, but one which can be achieved with hard work.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Yeah, as it is farming is totally pointless especially after the 2months in advance announcement. Can't wait to get back in the horse!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by illwilly View Post
    Dont leave,
    im full mythic and has been for a while, but if i put on tarlok assalt armor helm and amulet and epic brutality int ring and a epic staff, (go from 444 to 230dmg) I still can kill most mobs and bosses solo, it takes double the time, but its not like i die alott more.
    i have run with other mages saying my dmg sick and all sort of stuff when im in pt with them, but when i change gear to let them see that skillbuild and playstyle and charging the right skills is more important for survivability then having best gear, they just whine that i should use my mythics since it takes an extra sec to kill a mob..

please dont hate the plat users, let us keep some of the love, we are the ones paying so the gameservers and improvements and so on is implemented.. just my opinion
    I am (or rather, was) a plat-user too. Invested quite a sum for plats, its no joke. Never said anything about hating plat users.

And agreed that skill build and playstyle is very important. During the pre mythic/arcane days, since any player could attain the best gear possible for his/her toon class, individual skill build and playstyle WERE the difference between a good player and an expert player. Now, with the introduction of mythic/arcane stuff, its arguably no longer the case.

But then again, I'm not arguing about this point too.

I've started to lose my appetite towards AL ever since the introduction of the gambling mechanics for getting arcane/mythic stuff. STS has made the game this way: paying customers i.e. plat-users (myself included) can't get arcane/mythic stuff (directly), unless he/she gets lucky in gambling.

And it's this continuing trend within the AL game mechanics that made me lose my appetite for AL completely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    While you may have preferred those old days of season 1, I would have gotten very bored if those days had continued. I started playing Arcane Legends about 2 weeks before the the season 2 dead city expansion. And in those 2 weeks I managed to cap my toon to level 16 and acquire all of the best gear available without spending any plat. Sorry, but that is way too easy.

The only reason I enjoyed it was because it was a new game and new things are always fun. But unless STS was going to release a new expansion every 2 weeks, I would have become bored very quickly with such an easy system. I prefer long term goals that take hundreds of hours of gameplay to accomplish. Working hard for my mythic set was exactly that...

During season 4, I spent tons of time farming, merching, doing PvP, etc.... As a result, by the end of season 4 I had managed to have all 5 mythic items for my sorcerer, and I earned 3 leaderboard banners. On the other hand, because they allowed us all to upgrade our armor and helms, farming in season 5 quickly became boring because of low prices of the architect legendary items, and I have found it much harder this season to earn gold. Instead of playing hours every day, I now seem to play about 15-30 minutes each day, just do some quick merching, a couple of quick quests, and then sign off. I'm hoping season 6 returns to the glory of season 4.

I will acknowledge that STS had trouble managing the economy during seasons 3 & 4 due to the cheap crate pinks, but that problem has since been resolved by making those items more rare. I think their new system of releasing items in waves which is coming in season 6 will further increase the value of those items, and farming will once again be fun and very profitable. So be happy there will be mythic and arcane items to work hard for. The game will once again be a challenge, but one which can be achieved with hard work.
    After reading your response towards me on the other thread (oh you know which one), lets just agree to disagree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

After reading your response towards me on the other thread (oh you know which one), lets just agree to disagree.
    Yes, this is all a matter of opinion. Everyone likes something different. The problem is that some players want the game to only be suitable for their tastes and nobody else's.

This is a thread about mythic and arcane items. If you don't like mythic and arcane items, then nobody is forcing you to try to get them. Nobody is forcing you to open crates, and nobody is forcing you to do a quest for dragons teeth. You can simply get legendary items the same as you did back in season 1 and be happy. You can do everything the same exact way that you did in season 1, and nothing would be any different. There is no reason for you to leave the game.

But some of us like a really tough challenge, so these items are here for those of us who do. You don't see me complaining that there shouldn't be legendary items, so I don't think you should be complaining that there shouldn't be mythic and arcane items. And BTW, complaining that mythic & arcane items should be easier to obtain is the same thing as complaining that they shouldn't exist at all, since if they were more common then they would by definition be legendary or epic and not mythic or arcane. Color has to do with rarity and not with statistics. Mythic and arcane items, by definition, are extremely rare, meaning very few players have them.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 03-01-2014 at 05:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

so any suggestions guys should i sell my mythic items now or keep it? any suggestions pls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

level 36 mythics untradable, so means it just become a junk item after this expansion? think about it sts

Credited to Hannalyn for this amazing sig

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its ok... I cant even get a mythic or arcane items...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the update

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice
    tnx sam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

I wish STS can make current Mythic Armor and Helm upgradable for once last time into Lv.41 Arcane before making a new Mythic with higher levels.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hakudemon View Post
    level 36 mythics untradable, so means it just become a junk item after this expansion? think about it sts
    Most mythics are the best items for around 2 seasons so i think the upgraded mythic helm and armour will still be the best for 6th season.

However, in the 7th season it will become a junk item unless it is made tradable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hakudemon View Post
    Gosh, why ppl think this? Idk why. Coz when we go back to last season. We are using a mythic helm lvl (26) since we are lvl 31? but still . Its still better than legendary. And so, even our set is lvl 36 they will still be best to 41. Idk why ppl thinking it will be useless, or trash next expansion, do you even think what will happen to lvl 31 guns and hooks after this expansion? Dnt worry about the set. Coz it wont become useless, however hooks, and lvl 31 weapons will be useless.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I wish for a plat sale before the expansion...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xlovableaze View Post
    Gosh, why ppl think this? Idk why. Coz when we go back to last season. We are using a mythic helm lvl (26) since we are lvl 31? but still . Its still better than legendary. And so, even our set is lvl 36 they will still be best to 41. Idk why ppl thinking it will be useless, or trash next expansion, do you even think what will happen to lvl 31 guns and hooks after this expansion? Dnt worry about the set. Coz it wont become useless, however hooks, and lvl 31 weapons will be useless.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
    Well if they won't be upgradable, yes maybe they will be still be the best items for lvl 41, but if they don't release new Mythics around 46-51 what then? Just stickin' with Legendary...? Since Mythics wouldn't be upgradable they'll be twink items' n
    non tradable, not upgradable, just sit there unless you wanna Twink 36, dunno what they're going to do but they will sort something out, they always do..
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Does this mean that the current mythics will still be upgradable to 36 for the Hero of The Legend Quest? And will those level 36 mythics be tradeable? Or will the (hopefully) new mythics be upgradeable from like 36-41 and still get the Hero of Legend Quest? Thanks.