Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding Mythic and Arcane Items and the Dragon Enclave Expansion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Hey guys, you brought up some good points, but there are some things I would like to clear up a bit. I've been a player since season one; now that doesn't make me any more knowledgeable or right, but I've seen things develop over time. Let's cut to the chase:

STS created a paradox when they started implementing mythic and arcane items. Of course these items were created to sell platinum so they can make money. This subject has been beaten to death so let's move on. The problem this created was that a certain, let's say "fortunate", few were able to obtain these items. While this did create an imbalance, it was not so apparent in the beginning, since these items were few and truly rare. As time progressed more items were introduced and the supply increased via enormous amount of plat spending and double chance drop events and so forth.. The players who ended up with the mythic and arcane items and created sets were the plat spenders or the OP players who had accumulated gold from farming countless hours. The players who were lucky enough to get that one or even two items, of course sold it before the price starting coming down.
    What this created was a class division, a "monopoly" if you will. These super OP players recognized each other and became friends, guild mates, party mates, etc. They farmed together because it was the most efficient way to make even more gold. Armed with elixirs they farmed most of the drops with unmatched efficiency, therefore reaping most of the gold in CS. By the time the average player had the ability to farm legendary items with any sort of efficiency, the prices were already deflated to a certain extent. Also merching was dominated by the same group of OP players. In the meantime, STS had to make the elite maps and bosses more challenging to promote more crate openings and not bore the OP players to sleep. This made the imbalance even worse, crippling the economy of AL.
    When STS acknowledged this problem, they had a juggling act on their hands. How could they even the playing field without upsetting their paying customers? They can't, it's too late; and whatever solution they come up with is temporary at best. Keeping balance and making money are a conflict of interest. The motivation to spend plat is to become OP or a step closer to that objective. With that being said, did you ever tell yourself you want to stop making money in real life or stop making gold in AL? I didn't think so. Therefore the cycle can only repeat itself even with new items.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rogueulator For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    Well if they won't be upgradable, yes maybe they will be still be the best items for lvl 41, but if they don't release new Mythics around 46-51 what then? Just stickin' with Legendary...? Since Mythics wouldn't be upgradable they'll be twink items' n
    non tradable, not upgradable, just sit there unless you wanna Twink 36, dunno what they're going to do but they will sort something out, they always do..
    I have a friend who has just saved up gold to buy helm and armor. In a week they may become useless, but [hero of legend] aint cancelled. So this achievement actually costs 4mln to buy useless junk. Some necessary shards should be added to locked crates to let these sets be crafted to 41-46 lvl like arcane rings. All will be satisfied. We pay some, but keep Our items while Stg get money from us opening lockeds to get craft ingredients and has no headache with creating new myth helm and armor and making old version reasonable to keep (cant they just remove items necessary for achievements? But on the other hand keeping them as they are will mean they will be extreme cheap)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rogueulator View Post
    Hey guys, you brought up some good points, but there are some things I would like to clear up a bit. I've been a player since season one; now that doesn't make me any more knowledgeable or right, but I've seen things develop over time. Let's cut to the chase:

STS created a paradox when they started implementing mythic and arcane items. Of course these items were created to sell platinum so they can make money. This subject has been beaten to death so let's move on. The problem this created was that a certain, let's say "fortunate", few were able to obtain these items. While this did create an imbalance, it was not so apparent in the beginning, since these items were few and truly rare. As time progressed more items were introduced and the supply increased via enormous amount of plat spending and double chance drop events and so forth.. The players who ended up with the mythic and arcane items and created sets were the plat spenders or the OP players who had accumulated gold from farming countless hours. The players who were lucky enough to get that one or even two items, of course sold it before the price starting coming down.
    What this created was a class division, a "monopoly" if you will. These super OP players recognized each other and became friends, guild mates, party mates, etc. They farmed together because it was the most efficient way to make even more gold. Armed with elixirs they farmed most of the drops with unmatched efficiency, therefore reaping most of the gold in CS. By the time the average player had the ability to farm legendary items with any sort of efficiency, the prices were already deflated to a certain extent. Also merching was dominated by the same group of OP players. In the meantime, STS had to make the elite maps and bosses more challenging to promote more crate openings and not bore the OP players to sleep. This made the imbalance even worse, crippling the economy of AL.
    When STS acknowledged this problem, they had a juggling act on their hands. How could they even the playing field without upsetting their paying customers? They can't, it's too late; and whatever solution they come up with is temporary at best. Keeping balance and making money are a conflict of interest. The motivation to spend plat is to become OP or a step closer to that objective. With that being said, did you ever tell yourself you want to stop making money in real life or stop making gold in AL? I didn't think so. Therefore the cycle can only repeat itself even with new items.
    You make many excellent points, but this is the nature of the game. And it's not so much different than how things are in real life. You have your very successful rich people and then you have everyone else. Most of the rich people inherit their money, and a very small percentage work very hard (or get lucky) to achieve success.

My complaint has been that they have not taken it far enough. I think that they need to spread things out even more. I think there should always be more out there for someone to achieve. No player should ever achieve everything no matter how much time they spend playing or how much plat they spend. I've brought up the issue before about adding more achievements. Many complain that the flagging achievement is too hard, but I think everyone dislikes the flagging achievements because it's the only hard one and everyone is always working on that one achievement. If they were to add achievements like that in every category, then it would allow players to choose their challenge and work on achievements in the area they prefer. Nobody would ever get bored as there would always be something to do.

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #104
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

The Dragon Enclave expansion is now live.

More details at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Arcane-Legends
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post: