Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: List of improvements We'd like to see implemented to Arcane Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Default List of improvements We'd like to see implemented to Arcane Legends

This thread is inspired by another one http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Battle-Command, making a list of improvements is not my own idea, so all regards to that guy.

I'm playing this game since it has been launched in Play Store. I very like this game, but after 1+ year of playing it, me and STS community noticed some things that should be added, changed, or even removed (if they are already in game). There is a short (short only for a while) list of ideas which were thought up by me and other members of STS Community. I hope, STS devs will notice it and even implement something:

MAJOR SUGGESTIONS

- Timing system should be improved. Players should be able to choose between timed and non-timed run. For timed run the rules are the same to current, for non-timed run players can leave/enter location at every moment.
    - To prevent abuse of present exploits in order to get to the leaderboards, including macro abuse, there should be "watchers" who are trusted by STS mods and devs and can punish inappropriate players with unability to enter PvP for a certain period of time.
    - Seasonal leaderboards which reset number of kills/flags/etc every season to give a chance for non-veteran players to have that desired banner.
    - 5'th skill slot.

PvE SUGGESTIONS

- Quests should give more experience in the same way as Nordr Bard dailies do (Actually, regular quests give exp, but only 1 point).
    - Elite Golden chests should have improved loot table to worth their price.
    - Projectile type skills should target mobs first to prevent them from hitting crates and barrels.
    - Locked Grand Crate of The Watch should be removed from elite boss loot table.
    - Players should have increased movement speed in non-battle stance.
    - There should be a lobby where players can party up with each other before running elites, for example (just like WT or KM entrance).

PvP SUGGESTIONS

- After death, invulnerability should disappear only by leaving the spawn zone to prevent spawn kills.
    - PvP should have XP system similar to PvE to separate hardcore players from beginners.
    - In TDM, after respawn, there should be the same shield, as in CTF, the shield disappears as soon as player leaves "safe zone".
    - If players make a sequence of kills without dying, or make multi-kill, corresponding message should appear.

PETS IMPROVEMENTS

- If a pet has buff/heal type of arcane ability, it should apply to all players and doesn't depend on range (it solves a problem when, for example, you run with Ribbit, use his arcane ability and it doesn't reach you)
    - Samael, Slag, Clyde and other pets that have panic/terrify ability should provide plain stun to make stun immunity ignore them too. The other way is to make stun immunity ignore not only plain stun, but also panic/terrifying.
    - Ability to customize pet behavior: on/off picking up loot, on/off attacking enemies. It can help when boss has very low hp and you still want to receive pet bonus (just turn off enemy attacking)
    - Pets' XP should be shown also in current_xp/next_level_xp similar to players'.
    - Pets should pick up eggs and chests.

GUILD RELATED SUGGESTIONS

- Master/Officer should see the last time guild member was online to filter inactive members.
    - There should be a separate section in GH which can be available only for officers and gm.
    - There should be a kind of training room in which players can practice PvP in free mode without harming their kd ratio.
    - There should be an Officer Chief which can demote officers and promote members to recruiters while having standard officer benefits like recruiting and kicking members.
    - Kick per hour limit for each officer to prevent guild destroy.
    - Officers can vote to block another officer. If 50%+ vote "yes", an officer is blocked. GM or chief officer can unblock him.

OTHER SOCIAL SUGGESTIONS

- Players should be able to inspect players even if they are not in their town or offline by tapping "/inspect <player_name>".
    - There should be ignore customization. Players should choose between "ignore chat", "ignore gifts", "ignore party invites", etc or pick them all.
    - There should be a public chat. To prevent chat flooding, players will be able to write to it only through disposable loud-speakers, which are tradeable.

GEAR SUGGESTIONS

- Some staves (including arcane one) don't have damage increase on charged hit, it should be fixed.
    - Smashing equipment should be implemented. For arguments, see http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...lemented-in-AL

UI SUGGESTIONS

- Ability to chat when you are dead.
    - After end of the PvP match number of deaths should be displayed. Also, there should be k/d counter on HUD (which can customized to display global/current round k/d or removed).
    - Change the color of team chat message in PvP to the color of the team (not white).
    - Chat text type field shouldn't disappear after leaving app and then opening it back.
    - There should be inventory filter by item type and rarity (similar to CS's one)
    - If a player gets muted, he should be able to inform other players about this to prevent misunderstanding.
    - There should be a button on HUD which switches between Leprechaun Pendant and another one.
    - When typing chat text in Chrome version, text field should support copying/pasting.
    - There should be a chat window included in CS UI.
    - Players should be able to customize their HP/MP bar for showing absolute HP/MP value there.
    - Loot should be shown on a minimap.
    - At leaderboards, people should be able to see their lb rank too, aside of top players/guilds. New!
    - Ability to search through friend or guild member list. New!

MISCELLANEOUS SUGGESTIONS

- Ability to teleport directly to guild hall.
    - If there are any items listed at the CS, user should be notified if item is either sold or it's sell time is expired.
    - Mail system should be implemented.
    - There should be CS in guild hall.
    - Essences shouldn't house any space in inventory to prevent liquidating them for freeing lacking inventory slots.
    - There should be "Sell all" button which can be programmed not to liquidate certain items or to sell only epics/rares.
    - Gems crafting should be cancellable for being able to free crafting station slots.
    - There should be in-game manual for new players, which explains all they need to know about AL to prevent them being deceived by more experienced players (for example, to prevent selling an expensive item very cheap).
    - While game is running, players should be able to rotate screen (by 180 degrees). Sometimes it is not comfortable to hold device in certain orientation but much better in other.
    - Players should be able to protect their stash with a password.
    - If an achievement is completed in several steps (for example, Elusive Four and Running the Gambit achievements), it's completion progress should be shown.
    - Arlor's own time (or just simply server time displayed somewhere in the pop-up menu), which would help a lot with announcements and making meetings in game.
    - If player has multiple identical items in his inventory (for example, lockeds), they should be shown in a way similar to how essences do (something like Locked Grand Crate of The Watch x5).
    - If player's story token number can't be divided into 10 (for example, 29), it should be rounded up to ..0 (for example, 29 -> 30, 34 -> 40).
    - Gem crafting process should be cancellable.
    - Auto-responding service to respond something like "I'm AFK, try to PM me later" when player is AFK and someone PM's him.
    - Some new leaderboards, for example, damage dealt in PvP/PvE, solo run leaderboards. New!
    - Private, password protected chat channels. A little comment from OP: some people can say that one can use side chat applications, for example, LINE, but honestly, this damages game experience a lot, especially considering that switching back from chat to AL is soooo slow New!

GAME EXTENSIONS

- Onslaught mode in which players defeat multiple waves of mobs and get reward for beating them (very detailed information here http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show....php?p=1357093 ).
    - Duels, XvX's (X is a number of opponents in each team) should be implemented.
    - Guild wars should be implemented.
    - PK. Nuff said.

----------------------------------------

SUGGESTIONS THAT HAVE BEEN IMPLEMENTED

- Loot should be brighter (or drop with a visual effect in the same way as locked drops with fireworks) to help players notice it in big mob crowds. Also it should be visible on the minimap. (Actually, this was needed only to notice Nexus drop in km3, so implementing this for eggs will be enough)
    - Pets' arcane ability shouldn't reset after re-summoning the pet.
    - Players should not be able to change their skill map during the fight.
    - All platinum transactions (opening locks, buying elixirs, etc) should have a confirmation window to prevent accidents. They should be switchable (because locked openers don't want to press a confirmation button 1000 times).
    - Effect of percent stat increase should be visible in the stat window.
    - Stash slots should be available to buy with story tokens.
    - There should be "A guild message of the day", same to BD and BC.

----------------------------------------

Note 1: These suggestions aren't all mine, but there are some ideas which are my own.

Note 2: This is not the full list, so if anyone has other ideas that could lead to the improvement of the game please feel free to share it and we can add it to this list.

Note 3: I'd like everyone to keep in mind that these are all just suggestions, and it doesn't mean that these ideas will be implemented by the developers. It's the developers game and it is their decision if they want to add these ideas to the game or not.

Note 4: Please, keep in mind that suggestions which are marked "New!" may be old. I use this mark only to see which ideas are added recently.

Note 5: Currently, I see no sense in including buff/nerf suggestions to the list. Let's say it's just me.
    Last edited by MoloToha; 02-28-2015 at 01:42 PM.

2. The Following 46 Users Say Thank You to MoloToha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show....php?p=1357093
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show....php?p=1462914
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show....php?p=1469168

Done

Also add PvP Tiers idea btw

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show....php?p=1289116

Pretty good guild ideas here. I got some views about this.. the OP that is..but meh, too long to quote and reply :| overral, +1

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Hiosahaf; 02-20-2014 at 02:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hiosahaf View Post
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show....php?p=1357093
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show....php?p=1462914
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show....php?p=1469168

Done

Also add PvP Tiers idea btw

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show....php?p=1289116

Pretty good guild ideas here. I got some views about this.. the OP that is..but meh, too long to quote and reply :| overral, +1

I added these suggestions to the list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoloToha View Post
    I added these suggestions to the list.
    I added something more .. lol sorry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Pretty much summed recent ideas up, hopefully it is considered by developers.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Bump for implemented suggestion. Possibly devs noticed this thread
    Last edited by MoloToha; 02-21-2014 at 01:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I am still stuck on the age old issues:

-fix passives not showing on stats
    -fix android issue with not being able to see typing after leaving screen for any reason
    -actually balance classes in pvp
    -make enemies "active" far sooner to avoid spells missing

...for a start

PvP:

-prevent joining a team that already has an additional player to encourage team balance.
    -Protected team spawn areas in TDM to prevent spawn kills.
    Last edited by Nesox; 02-22-2014 at 03:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nesox View Post

-fix android issue with not being able to see typing after leaving screen for any reason
    -actually balance classes in pve

...for a start

PvP:

-prevent joining a team that already has an additional player to encourage team balance.
    ^this. Passive stats has taken over 430 days now!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

-actually balance classes in pve

...for a start

PvP:

Thanks for suggestions, I added most of them to the list, but could you explain me your meaning of "balance in PvE"? And I didn't add your first PvP suggestion because it won't let players to join their friends' team. Thinking generally, joining bigger team is an own decision of player which depends on his morale.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoloToha View Post
    Thanks for suggestions, I added most of them to the list, but could you explain me your meaning of "balance in PvE"? And I didn't add your first PvP suggestion because it won't let players to join their friends' team. Thinking generally, joining bigger team is an own decision of player which depends on his morale.
    Corrected the typo. Should have been pvp balance. Sorry.

I recognize the guild team issues with my sugesstion but I see alot more ganging then I do guild /friend battles. Morals are already dreadfully lacking in this game and could use the encouragement.

For the TDM spawns I was thinking more along the lines of red/blue zones on either side of the map. This would spawn teammates closer together for faster regroup. Also spawning at the top is a huge disadvantage and leads to many gang and spawn kills. A shield would not prevent this as it will have to wear off sooner or later.

Changing skills to adapt to tactics during battles is often required. This should be changed to just changing skills that are in cooldown should be locked. The same for pets.

Also chatting while dead is needed and the ability to change teams without leaving and trying to return would be great too.

Since we cant actually see the map before joining I would love to see class designations next to player names. (W) (R) (S) would work fine.

New suggestions: a slider in options to select pet roaming range. Further out to collect loot or stay close so that AAs actually work.
    Last edited by Nesox; 02-22-2014 at 04:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

CRITICAL:

Fix CTF. Needs a Flags Returned and/or Games Won stat/AP to prevent the current flag running retardedness. Every stat/AP must have a balancing stat/AP. Also make it necessary to possess your own flag as well before you can score.
    Last edited by Nesox; 02-22-2014 at 04:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Corrected the typo. Should have been pvp balance. Sorry.

I recognize the guild team issues with my sugesstion but I see alot more ganging then I do guild /friend battles. Morals are already dreadfully lacking in this game and could use the encouragement.

For the TDM spawns I was thinking more along the lines of red/blue zones on either side of the map. This would spawn teammates closer together for faster regroup. Also spawning at the top is a huge disadvantage and leads to many gang and spawn kills. A shield would not prevent this as it will have to wear off sooner or later.

Changing skills to adapt to tactics during battles is often required. This should be changed to just changing skills that are in cooldown should be locked. The same for pets.

Also chatting while dead is needed and the ability to change teams without leaving and trying to return would be great too.

Since we qcant actually see the map before joining I would love to see class designations next to player names. (W) (R) (S) would work fine.

New suggestions: a slider in options to select pet roaming range. Further out to collect loot or stay close so that AAs actually work.
    PvP balance is too abstract thing, no one has certain ideas how to actually balance classes in PvP. There is a long conversation about class balance in PvP, so it doesn't have any place in my list.

Idea about spawns in TDM is good, I'll change this suggestion according to your reply.

About changing skills: 5th skill slot must solve all problems. About pets: every fix of spamming pets would suit.

Chatting while dead is already in the list. I like an idea about changing teams, I even have realization idea which can include your next suggestion. Added to the list.

Pet behavior options is fine too, added.

CRITICAL:

Fix CTF. Needs a Flags Returned and/or Games Won stat/AP to prevent the current flag running retardedness. Every stat/AP must have a balancing stat/AP. Also make it necessary to possess your own flag as well before you can score.
    I think, this kind of achievements can't be implemented in the current state of PvP cuz returned flags can be farmed with a dummy as well as wins can be farmed by just flagging. The last suggestion cardinally changes the whole CTF process, I don't think that devs will have plans for this...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Bump for new suggestions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nice one.. Add this on/off lep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
    Nice one.. Add this on/off lep
    You mean on/off lepre button? It is already in the list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

mythic armor vanity with the name hero's armor/helm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hakanor View Post
    mythic armor vanity with the name hero's armor/helm
    Ummm... Why? :|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Last edited by MoloToha; 03-01-2014 at 05:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts