Thread: axe throw bug

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Default axe throw bug

axe throw pulls and stops u in pvp even when ur around a corner. if ur running from the tank and he's been attacking u he can still stop and stun u when ur quite a ways around a corner. If he hasn't attacked u it doesn't pull u when ur around a corner tho. Oh, my ping is around 60-70 so it's not lag.

I'm sure nothing will be done about it because there's a list of other important things ur working on but it makes me feel better pointing it out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Meh this is a classic PvP "bug". If the moment the skill is fired your opponent is open but next moment he's not, it won't matter and still hit him. That's why you can see skills like fireball or aimed shot going through corners or other objects sometimes.

If axe throw has the pull upgrade, you will see yourself being pulled on the corner wall but a moment later you teleport in the position you would be if you stood still and uncovered after the skill was fired. Nothing much you can do about it, it's been used as a PvP tactic by some (eg. sneaking skills "through walls" with this trick is quite a familiar sight in SL PvP).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

yeah. there's nothing we can do about it. I just wanted to bring it to the devs attentions.
    I'd rather them fix the targeting system first so our skills don't shoot breakable objects on the otherside of the screen during elites and give us skill loadouts first but I figured I'd just add something else to the list of things they'll get to eventually.