Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: what really irritates about merchers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I could also say the same thing for expecting obscene prices like 26m for a vanity and wondering why the rich won't pay. O_O
    That's true. If there was a better system in CS, it would be MUCH easier to gauge what the "true" market value is.

Rather than this

"its worth this much"
    "i got an offer for this much"
    "it will never sell for that much"
    "so and so is selling for this much"

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    I dont think anything STG will do can change low ballers and i dont think people who dont know to avoid low ballers log in to forums

The idea of making auction listing fee smaller for the more expensive items seems logical to me, seems weird to lose 100k's or millions over listing fees.
    Exactly. Take this for example. Singe egg. What's the "REAL" price for this? Nobody knows. One day someone buys for 35M, another day, 25M. By capping the CS listing fee (some decently high value), it will encourage people to list these items rather than walking around town gossiping and trying to sell at some artificial value.

If there are 25 listed in CS, you can reasonably assume the market value is at or below the lowest value. If there is 1 or none... what do you do? You have to go by what people say. This creates a very unstable market with huge fluctuations in item values.

For items over 3m (for example) most people are not going to list these in cs because of:

1) the very high cost of listing fees
    2) listing runs a high risk of losing your listing fee because you really have no idea of the actual value of an item

Hence the reason there are so few items at this price.
    Last edited by Rare; 02-21-2014 at 02:07 PM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dwellzz View Post
    Ok so if i pmed you sayin deal for your offer you would of said no although you was just offering and didnt want it ?? Get real ..you offered like 10m in items , the people who paid 10-15m got the clueless people which i feel bad for
    Delph posted winners names to congrat them which also set them up to be bombarded with pms from the know it all merchers
    And those are the 10m-15m sets that got sold
    I'm saying that you didn't win the set. So, you most likely also bought it from some poor chap with an offer that you now scoff at?

As for the offer, it's worth like 13m or so. Would I have said yes? Sure, but what that have happened? No, so let's not talk about hypotheticals that are not going to happen. That, dwellzz, is only illogical and fallacious.

As I've said before, the message behind the thread is true - but you made it for reasons to benefit yourself.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

And i am talkin in general for the newer players

Zeus feeling like hes being directed lol i wonder why

Anyway read my post again its about shady merchers tryna trick people by lying saying things like "lol that
    will never sell gl" and stuff.

Dont get so defensive exposing yourself
    Crymeariverrrr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Come on everyone it is buisness. Even irl a merchant will do everything to buy your stuff at a lower price so he can make profit out of it.

It is in your interest as a seller to get smarter, battle the price, ask around and inform yourself of the REAL value of your items.

If you don't inform yourself and let others manipulate you it is your fault.

This thread makes no sense.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 02-21-2014 at 02:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Il be honest zeus your offer sparked it but in general i made it for all

Il giv u credit where its due dev close it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Lastly, judging from the contest winners, you didn't win the set. So, I am guessing that you bought it from someone for much cheaper and now are using the same tactics I just described? The reason you've made this thread is because you're expecting more return on your jester vanity than what you bought it for.

Cry me a river, this thread is purely hypocritical.
    Not taking sides but that is a legit argument! Some merchants frequently try to first lower prices then buy an item (or just buy at normal) then they try to raise prices to get more profits. Including fake offers from fake forum accs etc. These shady merchants need to just leave the market as it is.

I am a merchant too but I have never tried to intentionally raise the whole market price for an item, it is just stupid because others will have to suffer. Instead, just find bargains and sell for normal, or wait for special events!
    Credits to Iady

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

And i am talkin in general for the newer players

Zeus feeling like hes being directed lol i wonder why

Anyway read my post again its about shady merchers tryna trick people by lying saying things like "lol that
    will never sell gl" and stuff.

Dont get so defensive exposing yourself
    Crymeariverrrr
    I used myself as an example because of you being a hypocrite. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered. It's very evident exactly why you made the thread, so please don't try to deny it. You can't use the same tactics and then when it comes time to sell the product, you scoff at others paying what you bought it for. That, dwellzz, is my point.

It's the name of the game - deal with it if you are going to be merchanting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    Not taking sides but that is a legit argument! Some merchants frequently try to first lower prices then buy an item (or just buy at normal) then they try to raise prices to get more profits. Including fake offers from fake forum accs etc. These shady merchants need to just leave the market as it is.

I am a merchant too but I have never tried to intentionally raise the whole market price for an item, it is just stupid because others will have to suffer. Instead, just find bargains and sell for normal, or wait for special events!
    I would thank you if I could, but I'm out of thanks! :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

As for the offer, it's worth like 13m or so.
    This is kind of what I mean. This is impossible to gauge right now. You're right... kind of. Its worth 13mish to you. But maybe not to others.

And this, for me, has absolutely nothing to do with the jester. You can ask anyone that's asked me in game. If they ask me to sell I say no before I even get an offer from them.

It's about even smaller more common things. For example. I have a Tarlok Scaled Plate of Assault L20 with 2 grand blood gems. Its listed in CS at 1.75m. So when I sell I ask for 1.4m and I get "lol"ed. Well, what's a person suppose to do? Should I lower my price because this guy "lol"ed me? Meanwhile, there are 50 other people trying to sell these too. And they have no idea about a good value because there is nothing to base it off of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

As example, idk who it was.. But someone made the price from the green arlor sets from 2 to 4m
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    .................................................. ................................Sig made by BeelzzeBob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliteFamily View Post
    It is in your interest as a seller to get smarter, battle the price, ask around and inform yourself of the REAL value of your items.
    Its impossible to know the real value as it stands now. There are over 100k players in AL I'm sure. In a given day, how many can you talk to? How many have legit knowledge? How many of those are merchants? And of those merchants how many can you trust?

Come on, don't be naive. Its a very legit concern. To say it doesn't make any sense doesn't make any sense. It makes perfect sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    This is kind of what I mean. This is impossible to gauge right now. You're right... kind of. Its worth 13mish to you. But maybe not to others.

And this, for me, has absolutely nothing to do with the jester. You can ask anyone that's asked me in game. If they ask me to sell I say no before I even get an offer from them.

It's about even smaller more common things. For example. I have a Tarlok Scaled Plate of Assault L20 with 2 grand blood gems. Its listed in CS at 1.75m. So when I sell I ask for 1.4m and I get "lol"ed. Well, what's a person suppose to do? Should I lower my price because this guy "lol"ed me? Meanwhile, there are 50 other people trying to sell these too. And they have no idea about a good value because there is nothing to base it off of.
    You do have a point. Whenever I am trying to merch legendaries, people try to apply the mythic listing prices to legendary items and think what they are offering you is a fair price. In all honesty, in order for the market to stabilize more, the listing fee needs to be reduced.

@Desp
    That was supply and demand. I regret selling the initial sets I collected for 2.5m each, lol!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I used myself as an example because of you being a hypocrite. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered. It's very evident exactly why you made the thread, so please don't try to deny it. You can't use the same tactics and then when it comes time to sell the product, you scoff at others paying what you bought it for. That, dwellzz, is my point.

It's the name of the game - deal with it if you are going to be merchanting.
    Still no...i merch yes im sure u see me a lot in auc or w.e
    i dont sit there saying stuff like
    "your jester gonna drop because sts gonna release this color and then this blahblahblah" or "i buy hammerjaw 5m because thats how much he cost now"(im not saying u say this its example of who im talkin about since u said i use same tactics when i dont)

Like who is anyone to make predictions of what sts is doing or say any price is perfectly correct lol

So again zeus taking it personal get off the high horse. Its not about you your offer or me n my vanity

Your ignorance is bliss

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Its impossible to know the real value as it stands now. There are over 100k players in AL I'm sure. In a given day, how many can you talk to? How many have legit knowledge? How many of those are merchants? And of those merchants how many can you trust?

Come on, don't be naive. Its a very legit concern. To say it doesn't make any sense doesn't make any sense. It makes perfect sense.
    This is very true.

Heck, I even ask other merchants the price checks on items because when somebody sets a price in this game, it's a dominos effect. The next person wants higher and the next person wants even higher. There's really no end to it until people run out of money to pay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Merchers are horribly sad and mistakes of nature

Envoyé de mon iPod touch à l'aide de Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

This is very true.

Heck, I even ask other merchants the price checks on items because when somebody sets a price in this game, it's a dominos effect. The next person wants higher and the next person wants even higher. There's really no end to it until people run out of money to pay.
    I ask people prices all the time too. And there are only a few people I think I can trust. And I go to them a lot. You probably know some of them

But its not enough to have 4 or 5 people.
    Last edited by Rare; 02-21-2014 at 02:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Still no...i merch yes im sure u see me a lot in auc or w.e
    i dont sit there saying stuff like
    "your jester gonna drop because sts gonna release this color and then this blahblahblah" or "i buy hammerjaw 5m because thats how much he cost now"

Like who is anyone to make predictions of what sts is doing or say any price is perfectly correct lol

So again zeus taking it personal get off the high horse. Its not about you your offer or me n my vanity

Your ignorance is bliss
    You keep saying this bolded area as a defense, but I am not doing this either. So, who are you trying to prove this to...yourself? Anyways, this argument is going to go nowhere so I suggest we just be mature about it and drop it as we have a difference in thoughts.

I've stated why you made the thread, you've attempted to disprove it. In my view, I'm looking at the facts and information provided and there can only be one reason why you made the thread. Heck, you even stated that your offer is what set you off towards creating this thread. Again, this is just my opinion though.

I hope you're less angry later on...

Cheers!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

I don't care much for the merchers, too much shade no matter how you look at it - at the end of the day it's all about the gold and they will use whatever form of persuasion is needed to get that item out of you. Some are slightly more reputable than others, but they're all thieves. period.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Human greed, hello?

No one's going to be a good Samaritan when he can profit at the cost of just some petty acting or little trickery.
    There are no morals in the world of business (yes, it's spelled business); as long as the risk is at moderate levels, it will be done.

In conclusion:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Default what really irritates about merchers

Merchanting is a bad business if you're greedy, it'll eat away at your reputation as you get richer (greedier). But among some bad apples, there are those reputed merchants who try not to rip people off immensely. Maybe it's because it's nearly expansion time? I remember last season was similar, the market went haywire and merchants dominated the market because mythics were being upgraded.

Also is anybody else aware that mythics and arcanes are mostly ONLY being circulated amongst merchants - that's why prices fluctuate I guess. A week ago I could buy whim at 15m but now it's atleast a mil or two higher.
    Credits to Iady

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post: