Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what really irritates about merchers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default what really irritates about merchers

Although i merch , i hate when people pm me for price of my item they say "lol no one will buy" then they offer some rediculous low price...

So im kind of writing this to let newer players know not to believe merchers they just say stuff to turn things in they favor... Like merchers saying jester will drop in price. They say it to merch off you n trick you

Like really? These are the same people who will laugh at you for offering what they just offered you.

Like if hammerjaw is 7.5 n im sellin 7m
    Some idiot will say "lol it will never sell" and then offer me 6m...
    But if i vice versa that same person will sell hammerjaw 7.5m i offer 6m he will call me noob.

So to sum it up when a full mythic arcane players wants your items and he tries to make you feel noob saying you overpricing your items just ignore them because they will sell it higher.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to dwellzz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I wish for a capped listing fee in cs. Something like 100k. Then people would actually LIST items there. Then merchs and shady lowballers (not all merchs) wouldnt control the economy and so many people wouldnt be taken advantage of all the time.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

It is buisness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliteFamily View Post
    It is buisness.
    Actually, for us players its quite the opposite.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

5% for CS listing is a lot. 2% to 4% would at least be better for players, and we wouldn't need to use these shady tricks to lull innocent players for profits and instead list items directly in CS...
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I could also say the same thing for expecting obscene prices like 26m for a vanity and wondering why the rich won't pay. O_O
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Its a lame buisness when you harass newer players and sike them out they items

And aedenos thts good idea somthin like o&c i see

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dwellzz View Post
    Its a lame buisness when you harass newer players and sike them out they items

And aedenos thts good idea somthin like o&c i see
    I'm not that type of merch, please don't mix me with them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

But, Zeus has a point. We are driving prices up. It's the merchants that rise item value to sky high prices.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Guys, its just human nature, there will be people with a decent conscious who wouldnt try to trick others to get items for a low price

And there will ALWAYS be those who are a bit lower on the personality scale and will try to trick other players to get what they want

I dont think anything STG will do can change low ballers and i dont think people who dont know to avoid low ballers log in to forums

The idea of making auction listing fee smaller for the more expensive items seems logical to me, seems weird to lose 100k's or millions over listing fees.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I could also say the same thing for expecting obscene prices like 26m for a vanity and wondering why the rich won't pay. O_O
    If you want you will pay i have offers every where ranging18-22m gold n i got item/gold offers also...sooo???

Did yu look at your offers??
    Even skeu a not so advanced mercher/player laughed even he see your offer is a complete joke .like your slapping me in the face.
    Oh and even someone else commented on your offer lol

So you cant compare.

P.s this thread wasnt directed at you in general to let the newer people not be so gullible

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    Guys, its just human nature, there will be people with a decent conscious who wouldnt try to trick others to get items for a low price

And there will ALWAYS be those who are a bit lower on the personality scale and will try to trick other players to get what they want

I dont think anything STG will do can change low ballers and i dont think people who dont know to avoid low ballers log in to forums

The idea of making auction listing fee smaller for the more expensive items seems logical to me, seems weird to lose 100k's or millions over listing fees.
    Matan i kno by human nature we tricky
    Jus raising awarness for newer people.

And yea i guess listing fees need a fix, items r getting expensive like arlor hats cost 150k to list

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Matan i kno by human nature we tricky
    Jus raising awarness for newer people.

And yea i guess listing fees need a fix, items r getting expensive like arlor hats cost 150k to list
    the reason they made it so high to list higher items is because people start cutting eachother repeatedly in a rush to sell there item. oh no he cut me by 1 gold. better take mine out and re put it in costing 50-100k and cut him by 1 gold aswell! that will show him ! ._.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Ventus- when you think about what you said, its a double edge sword not a solution to anything.

dwellzz- read the 3rd line of my previous comment here. I seriously doubt youre raising awareness tho i wish you were.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

If you want you will pay i have offers every where ranging18-22m gold n i got item/gold offers also...sooo???

Did yu look at your offers??
    Even skeu a not so advanced mercher/player laughed even he see your offer is a complete joke .like your slapping me in the face.
    Oh and even someone else commented on your offer lol

So you cant compare.

P.s this thread wasnt directed at you in general to let the newer people not be so gullible
    I'm just giving example by example.

Honestly, I didn't really want it - it was more of something to start you off. Did I expect to get it? No. If I wanted it, I would have to sell off investments which doesn't make sense to me as I am expecting more turnover on them. Also, as I stated in your thread, I expected you to counter with a gold offer.

However, what is also just as bad is what I stated where people are expecting obscene prices. Right now, if you are looking at the offers - it is mainly merchants passing the sets to merchants, each merchant hoping that they will make profit on it. Yes, there are a few who want it for collection purposes, but most have bought the sets for 10-15m when they were initially released and then doubled the price.

Lastly, judging from the contest winners, you didn't win the set. So, I am guessing that you bought it from someone for much cheaper and now are using the same tactics I just described? The reason you've made this thread is because you're expecting more return on your jester vanity than what you bought it for.

Cry me a river, this thread is purely hypocritical.
    Last edited by Zeus; 02-21-2014 at 01:54 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

i have no idea why there's a listing fee at all. it supposedly 1) acts as a gold sink to keep inflation down and 2) prevents people from listing items for obscene amounts because they could lose gold.

Well, here's my take:
    1) having a gold sink in a game where u can add more gold into the economy buy converting gold to plat is ineffective
    2) if ur a new player and get a good item you may not have enough gold to list in in CS. This only adds to the problem being discussed (i.e. new player feeling pressured into selling his item for much less than it's worth).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    Ventus- when you think about what you said, its a double edge sword not a solution to anything.

dwellzz- read the 3rd line of my previous comment here. I seriously doubt youre raising awareness tho i wish you were.
    I don't understand how you think I was posting a solution, lol. I was stating that is what peoples mindset are. I didn't once state that I had a solution?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    i have no idea why there's a listing fee at all. it supposedly 1) acts as a gold sink to keep inflation down and 2) prevents people from listing items for obscene amounts because they could lose gold.

Well, here's my take:
    1) having a gold sink in a game where u can add more gold into the economy buy converting gold to plat is ineffective
    2) if ur a new player and get a good item you may not have enough gold to list in in CS. This only adds to the problem being discussed (i.e. new player feeling pressured into selling his item for much less than it's worth).
    Agreed.

The high listing fee of the AH generate too much of a gold sink. Also, money in this game is harder to obtain than a game like PL - so why do we have an even higher listing fee?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I'm just giving example by example.

Honestly, I didn't really want it - it was more of something to start you off. Did I expect to get it? No. If I wanted it, I would have to sell off investments which doesn't make sense to me as I am expecting more turnover on them. Also, as I stated in your thread, I expected you to counter with a gold offer.

However, what is also just as bad is what I stated where people are expecting obscene prices. Right now, if you are looking at the offers - it is mainly merchants passing the sets to merchants, each merchant hoping that they will make profit on it. Yes, there are a few who want it for collection purposes, but most have bought the sets for 10-15m when they were initially released and then doubled the price.

Lastly, judging from the contest winners, you didn't win the set. So, I am guessing that you bought it from someone for much cheaper and now are using the same tactics I just described? The reason you've made this thread is because you're expecting more return on your jester vanity than what you bought it for.

Cry me a river, this thread is purely hypocritical.
    Ok so if i pmed you sayin deal for your offer you would of said no although you was just offering and didnt want it ?? Get real ..you offered like 10m in items , the people who paid 10-15m got the clueless people which i feel bad for
    Delph posted winners names to congrat them which also set them up to be bombarded with pms from the know it all merchers
    And those are the 10m-15m sets that got sold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    5% for CS listing is a lot. 2% to 4% would at least be better for players, and we wouldn't need to use these shady tricks to lull innocent players for profits and instead list items directly in CS...
    Exactly