Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Developing Story: Arcane Shards Discovered in Mount Rockhorn!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I already can't "keep up with the Joneses" in this game. This just looks like the game got even more expensive, even more about being elite. I sure hope you're going to put something into this update that is FUN, not just elite, not just appealling to conspicuous consumption. I need my money for reality. You got anything fun? I'd pay for fun.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    I already can't "keep up with the Joneses" in this game. This just looks like the game got even more expensive, even more about being elite. I sure hope you're going to put something into this update that is FUN, not just elite, not just appealling to conspicuous consumption. I need my money for reality. You got anything fun? I'd pay for fun.
    Amen to that. Killing 100 elite bosses to sell someone else a recipe so they can make a ring ... . I'll sit this out for now till they start talking weapons. Cool weapons make killing more fun! Cool dragons make killing THEM fun. A stat boost ring just makes killing faster.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    Im pretty certain, as it is one of the reasons i play.

That something exciting should not be trying to farm teeth. Sts should put a challenege to other things INSTEAD of the farming of teeth. You are right, pve is boring and should be hard but some people genuinely dislike pve either way and therefore may not want to farm 100 hours for something that they will use in pvp.
    In case you didn't notice, nobody said anything about this arcane ring being a requirement to do PvP. I've been very successful in PvP and I have leaderboard banners to prove it. Yet I've never had an arcane weapon as they are super expensive and super rare and I cannot afford one. An arcane ring should be just as exclusive and rare. If you do not want to farm 100 hours for it, then don't.

Arcane means it is super rare. If it were easier to get and more common, then it would be mythic or legendary. I'm not sure why people don't seem to understand this. If legendary items had been truly legendary in the first place during seasons 1 & 2, then there would have never been any reason to have mythic and arcane items. So now people want the mythic and arcane items to be more common. Maybe they should do that and then come out with 1 or 2 additional color rarities to fix the problem again. This seems to be an ongoing cycle. Please keep the rare items rare, or else the game is no longer a challenge and it becomes boring. The day I sign on and have all of the best items available equipped on my toon is the day I quit due to boredom as there will be nothing left to accomplish.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Amen to that. Killing 100 elite bosses to sell someone else a recipe so they can make a ring ... . I'll sit this out for now till they start talking weapons. Cool weapons make killing more fun! Cool dragons make killing THEM fun. A stat boost ring just makes killing faster.
    So you would rather kill 10 elite bosses for a recipe that you can sell for 100 gold?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    this whole game is getting too complicated.
    Lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

wow nice

Sent from my Andromax-c using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

How about we just get rid of PvE. That would solve a lot of problems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    arcane is not all about weapons.

if guys want weapons everytime you should play weapon legends.

come you guys always think that every update there should be a new weapon? thats lame and boring same stuff over and over again.

now you guys complain bec. you need to open crates to make the new arcane ring?

i you guys dont want to spend some play another game. this is how sts makes money and pay for the expansion - memory extension ect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    So you would rather kill 10 elite bosses for a recipe that you can sell for 100 gold?
    I like your ideas... yup they are lazy and want the easy way out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

For the people who dont want to spend money and say the game got more complicated should shift to another game.

like Supper Mario, tank city, farm town, farm vile.

this games belongs to you!

Arcane legends are only for the people who want complicated game mode , more challenging bosses and achievements , more trill, much more harder way to obtain items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bornof1000Kings View Post
    The intro stated that these Teeth are a valuable commodity to the toons of the expansion so my assumption is that there will probably be more ways to spend the Dragons Teeth than on just this one Arcane recipe, too. This thread is more about the Arcane ring but I think people are glossing over this part of the Teeth system. Not everyone will be farming the Teeth for the Arcane recipe, I'm guessing. It may be more like the winter event where there are other items to choose from when spending the Teeth. If this were not the case there would be quite a few players like myself who wouldn't spend much time, if any, on finding the Teeth given the extremely low expectations of owning an Arcane rarity item.

good point dude.

I think its better to leave it just the way it is at least for this season.

Make the dragon teeth not trad able for this will make the lazy guys go farming instead of merching and buying everything for gold.

then later on as it is needed for another recipe then you can make it trade able.
    Last edited by Daddyblu; 02-26-2014 at 12:49 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

can we use the arcane shard to feed our barney and turn it to arcane pet?

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ericarsenic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ericarsenic View Post
    can we use the arcane shard to feed our barney and turn it to arcane pet?
    I'd rather have Guapo or one of the other starter pets as an arcane pet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Keep opening more locked

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ruizerwin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyblu View Post
    For the people who dont want to spend money and say the game got more complicated should shift to another game.

Arcane legends are only for the people who want complicated game mode , more challenging bosses and achievements , more trill, much more harder way to obtain items.
    actually, that's not true. World of Warcraft and online games are for complicated game mode, etc.. STS games were built on the premise of being a more casual, pick up and play type game. That's why the first game was called "pocket legends", they have so many "where do you play Legends games" contests, and the instances take 5-10 minutes to run not hours like the more complicated online games.

In the future we would all appreciate it if you would listen and try to understand others points of views instead of flaming and trying to put others down. Of course, you're more than welcome to express ur own point of view but try to do it in a way that isn't condescending or raging towards other people.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    actually, that's not true. World of Warcraft and online games are for complicated game mode, etc.. STS games were built on the premise of being a more casual, pick up and play type game. That's why the first game was called "pocket legends", they have so many "where do you play Legends games" contests, and the instances take 5-10 minutes to run not hours like the more complicated online games.
    Unfortunately as games mature the 'complexity' level of the game increases as new mechanics are introduced to keep the game fresh, which is great for experienced players since its just 'one more thing' but newer players maybe not find it so easy to follow.

I'm pretty sure if i started playing now with no background in mmo's or rpgs i'd be a bit lost for a really long time.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Remiem mentioned, that players possibly will be able to craft other arcane items. But looting an arcane shard is the same as looting maul, for example, it makes me to ask a question: "Why I should get recipe, shard and craft a maul, if I can loot it from locked?". Will players be able to craft other arcanes? If yes, will they require an arcane shard, or something else?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I like this idea, I hope that the Shard replaces current Arcane items and we can use it as a ingredient to make future arcane items. That way if you are lucky enough to loot one you can make an item you can use, if they continue with crafting Arcane items in the future.

The recipe being tradable I think is fine if the cost in teeth is reasonably hard to achieve. The issue will be that no one will want it until they have the shard so you will have very few players buying it pre-emptively. The same is true if non tradable, you will only force players to farm the recipe once they have the shard (excluding the 1% who can buy the shard). If this is the case I say let hard work gain you something and let us sell the recipe to the 1% and the PVP players who have the gold to bypass such tedium as playing the game

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Foebegone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

good point dude.

I think its better to leave it just the way it is at least for this season.

Make the dragon teeth not trad able for this will make the lazy guys go farming instead of merching and buying everything for gold.

then later on as it is needed for another recipe then you can make it trade able.
    Thanks Daddyblu,

My main point in bringing this up is just that people won't be farming these Teeth for this one recipe so there won't be a glut of Arcane recipes. Why would you spend your Teeth buying an arcane recipe that you don't plan on using if you could alternatively spend your Teeth to buy something else that you could use or more easily sell? For instance there may be different recipes that allow gamers to add different effects to their gear using essences (like some sort of mana regen or crit instead of just the basic str/dex/int gems) or there could be a legendary pet available through the farming of these Teeth.

Again, I'm just saying that there may not be this glut of Arcane recipes on the market if people have alternative ways to spend their Dragons Teeth that are more useful or more profitable for that particular gamer; and if there are other recipes to be had I'm sure people will want these recipes to be tradeable so for the system to remain as simple as possible the Arcane recipe should remain tradeable. The Dragon's Teeth themselves are probably best left untradeable but whatever a gamer chooses to buy with their farmed teeth should indeed be tradeable, whatever that might be.
    Last edited by Bornof1000Kings; 02-26-2014 at 11:58 AM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Bornof1000Kings For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Arcane Legends is not for the players who wants a more complicated mode ... it is for the players that want more challenging bosses and achievements , more thrill, much more harder ways to obtain items. Understanding the difference between complicated and challenging is the difference between wasting a players time with monotonous repetition, meaningless go here, do this, go here do that and FUN! I prefer fun. Arcane Legends is play anywhere, anytime, anyway you enjoy.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?