Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding the Current Arcane Legends Skill System

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    650 Posts

Either a 5th skill, or up the range of all the passives. What I would really like to see is 5 skills and one for pvp and the other for pve. If that's not possible, maybe story tokens to respec?
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

1/2 everyone's skill points and make them respec
    Damage, etc would need to be scaled, if not already.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Sound great
    silent doesn't mean not do anything, dare to touch me I will kill without mercy
    Jomey & Sterent
    Guild: Resilience

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

wow , finally a nice news , new skill system sounds nice , hope u ll do in a correct way.

Take ur time stg , we prefer wait to get an awesome new expansion

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

how about the option to spend skill points on gem slots for the various active/passive skills?

I know my character wont be "maxed" by 41 because I do mine differently than a lot of other people. yeah some like to hot swap between active skills...I dont care about that. I've got my four that I like on my toons. I'm just upgrading all the passives which still have upgrade slots. BUT, if I had the option of adding a gem slot and tossing a gem into a skill, that might make it even more interesting.

make a standard respec the 5 plat, but if you want to respec COMPLETELY, including ungemming slots (and you get your gems back) make that 15 plat. would kind of make free respec weekend interesting lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

How about a new passive skill called "hybrid" skill that when you acquire enough of it, it allows you to choose an active skill from another class., iE., a warrior having the one of the Mage skills. Up the active slots to five.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Why not a separate skill build slots for pve and pvp? Since the game is constantly improving and enhancing the skill system it is better to have a wide range variety of strategic skill build.. One click and then your pvp skill build is set all ready for ctfs or tdms or vice versa. I just only hope sts will improve this skill system according to the majorities taste.

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

Awesome!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

AL was planned to be a pocket game, so it provides only 4 skill slots for a player. But it became popular among gamers, so, I think, there will be some good customizations like 5-th skill slot to make the game good for all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Looking forward to this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey guys,

I know you will be eager for details about what we are planning. I promise we will have more to talk about on the skill front in the future. For right now, we wanted to get ahead of the issue and acknowledge that characters will be pretty max'd out with their skills when they make 41.

As for the issue of "changing too much at once" one of our design goals for improving skills for the future is to make the changes feel like improvements and an extension of the current system. We don't want to alienate anyone by making all new skills that are all different. We want your Rogue to still feel like the Rogue you have come to love, (or your Sorc, or your Warrior).

Again, the devil will be in the details, but we're not quite ready to reveal them yet. Just an acknowledgement of the current systems shortcomings and our plans to address them.

-Samhayne
    im beginning to love you guys :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

i dont think theres too many changes but i think it is better if they spread out the changes apart from each other..
    if u compare the other seasons 1-4 theres really not much of a change...
    locked crates inn season 2? and pvp season 2? then nothing s3/s4 .. just arcane weapons not really a change

season 5 - crafting

now season 6- new skill system/ new crafting system

it may seem like overwhelming right now bec they are throwing all these ideas OUT all at once but i highly doubt these changes will overwhelm everyone too much
    i think its about time sts bring out something completely different.. to me.. it has seemed like its the same thing every expansion...everyone got bored fast

crafting was a good twist in season 5.

i rather be overwhelmed with change.. than be bored bec its the same thing again.. just new maps
    eventually people adopt to the changes anyways

thanks sts for the updates.
    NO rush, even if expansion fall in april, its fine with me

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

If these allow for more than 4 skills and and allow for actual combos and builds to be created than I am definitely going to be hitting up pvp when I cap again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

5 slot? No, thats not good for ppl who play AL use small gadget (iphone maybe). compare with their finger size that will be lot of ppl press wrong skill lol.

Active skill :
    Just give us more upgrade on current skill, maybe 1 or 2 more upgrade. No need new skill IMO

Passive :
    Give us new passive ability like Luck maybe, this luck not only for drop loot but for chance to hit crit and absorb damage.

How bout Rage system? This rage automatic active when ppl take some damage or active every 5 minutes and active for 5 second only.
    Ppl get +30 primary stat, 10% damage, 10% movement speed, 10% armor when rage active.
    Last edited by Kimpling; 02-27-2014 at 02:12 AM.
    We were born Original, dont die a copy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

I think this should be added in the future

Strength - Great Physical Damage and small amount of HP/ Hp recovery
    Vitality - Great Physical defense and High amount of HP
    Agility - High attack speed + Dodge
    Dexterity - accuracy + dodge and small attack speed
    Luck - Critical Rate
    Intelligence - Great Magic damage,add mana Mana and Great magic defense.

Max damage
    Minimum Damage
    Magic damage
    Magic defense
    Range Damage
    Hit Ratio
    Dodge Ratio
    Critical Damage
    Critical Rate
    Minimum Damage
    Average Damage
    Maximum Damage
    Damage Per Second

As of now i can see the Armor = physical defense and Magic defense at the same time.

you cant rely calculate or see your magic defense so it is unfair to Mage. Mage should be the 1st class to have high magic defense and high magic damage.

but since it is too basic it is not currently explain to how the system calculate the mage damage.

I think if we go into details they would understand the whole process and make a better build and maybe double the number of mage players.

I think this require a lot of memory and time but since your planning to change the skills build in the future STS. hope you will take a look at this.

Thanks in advance.!

visit this page for comments

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...uild-and-Stats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

This is certainly intriguing news.

Of course there are countless suggestions to be made with such a vague announcement so I see it wiser to just wait for more details before further commenting.
    Last edited by Zomnisorc; 02-27-2014 at 04:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Default I really like the idea of an ARCANE ABILITY slot. Kudos to the peeps who mentioned it

I think an arcane ability could breathe some much-needed life into endgame pve/pvp.

Let's explore some possibilities and potential mechanics.

First, you could create a new skill slot right above pet's arcane ability, which only becomes available after L36. This slot would only be filled by arcane/power-up/morph/awakening/whatever abilities.

Maybe 3 arcane abilities to choose from? I think that's a good number.

You could create a limit as to how many points one can drop into these 3 new skills. 5 is balanced. It would allow a decent level of customization too (all 5 in 1 ability, or split between 2-3 abilities for a jack-of-all-trades setup).

You'd have to make sure that the arcane ability has a long cooldown (like 40-60 seconds), and you'd definitely want to have an internal debuff to prevent arcane skill swapping for multiple buffs at once. Sort of like the new Scorch shield debuff thing you lot came up with (which works great by the way).

Also, don't make the abilities consume mana. That's essential.

Here are some preliminary ideas for each class, (not really keeping balance or game-breakingness in mind, just thinking of cool stuff). These would be base abilities and subject to interesting upgrades.

Mage:

Deluge - A torrent of raging water crashes through a wide AoE zone for a tremendous amount of damage.

Wellspring - At the cost of a mage's ability to attack, restores large amounts of health over time to all allies in a wide AoE zone.

Smurf-Hammer (lol jk) - Triples the damage of the mage's next 3 attacks.

Rogue:

Shadow-step - Slink into the shadows, becoming immune to damage for a short period (maybe 5 seconds). Restores 10% mana and health every second. Effect breaks if Rogue uses a skill/attacks.

Strangulate - Appear behind the nearest enemy and strangle them. Does a large amount of damage over time. Neither rogue nor target can attack/move during this period (kind of like a sacrificial stun... maybe for 4 seconds?).

Flying Daggers - Every second, the rogue throws a spray of poisoned daggers, hitting all enemies in a forward cone (5 seconds maybe). Each hit applies a strong, stacking poison.

Warrior:

Berserk - At the loss of 50% max health, a warrior's damage is doubled and all attacks stun (maybe 5 seconds).

Fear - Causes up to 3 targets to panic (maybe 4 second duration).

Graviton - Pull all enemies in a 5 meter range toward you. Applies a buff that allows all attacks to taunt (10 second duration maybe).
    Last edited by Jenvy; 02-27-2014 at 02:51 AM.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jenvy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    How about creating a 5th skill slot and reducing mana costs so it doesn't cripple rogues?
    agreed!!!! 5 skill slot pliss

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah 5th skill slot would b great! But it will give warriors much bonus cause of juggernaut , venge and heal at the same time with other two skills :/ they will become much stronger

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I would prefer that making a new slot would b great because we already have many skills. However new skills should be released after making a 5th slot .