Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My thoughts on twinks and leaderboards

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Thumbs down My thoughts on twinks and leaderboards

This game is supposedly directed at end game stuff/always moving forward/bigger and better things (or at least that's what they say when gear is involved), but it's shameful that the PVP leaderboard is full of twinks.

I seriously invite anybody to go to say the rogue or warrior TDM leaderboard and point out which of those names are seen at regular pvp matches or much less are even capped.
    Every twink and dummy farmer will swear how those people earned it but yeah find them in the game (if you can) and check out their KDR compared vs an end game player, the proof of how their leaderboard status was achieved will be right there.

That's not to say it doesn't happen (or at least people try) at end game, but those players usually have a hard time , when they don't end up getting killed that is, whereas in twink level they are basically protected by the fact that nobody aiming for everything the game has to offer will stay at those levels.

When the best of the best are to be determined for something I didn't realize pee wee leagues were to be taken into account.

I'm honestly appalled this behavior is allowed and given a blind eye by our community leaders and the developers of this game.

Now I ask you, can anybody come up with a solution or is the solution simply to make a level 7 and get 20k kills on a dummy mage account the only thing to do?

Senior Member TheMightyFeusalet's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

they should make a leaderbord for 35+ and the red under this are mostly twinks, thes should put in there own leaderbord

Join enigmatic, the best pve guild in al! We are Enigmatic, we are ONE!
    Want a sig (for free) pm me on forums

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyFeusalet View Post
    they should make a leaderbord for 35+ and the red under this are mostly twinks, thes should put in there own leaderbord
    That's a terrific solution and something fairly easy to implement I think.

Even Hauntlet I don't think twinks should be taking those spots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

When i complained about this issue i was told dummy farming isn't against ToS but if you read the ToS it is clearly stated exploiting game bugs is agaisnt it and leads to ban, i was told dummy farming isn't a bug but isn't PvP supposed to be player vs player and not dummy vs player? What do you call something in a game that doesn't work correctly?

Rules of Conduct
    Someone told me the devs are too occupied to find a solution to the matter but they have time for Scorch, Singes and jungle vanities.

This dummy farming issue reminds of me the Kershal matter, of the stats window bug, of the passive and active skill bonus bug, of the pet damage bonus bug, of the pvp class balance, of the chrome browser heavy lag (it is not even lag, it is like watching robot dance when you try to play), of the pet spamming, of the account hack and highing scam issues, of the general heavy lag, of those theives called NativeX and Trialplay, of the bugs that always come out when a new thing is added. they are kind of funny but after repeating thereselves too many times they loose their funny side and start to get annoying.

Sts shouldn't understimate this issues. My advice is to solve the problems you have at hand before doing new stuffs or at least try to do the 2 things together before you start accumulating bugs and complains upon complains...but i am sure you guys don't need a high school student to be telling you how to run the buisness.

I want to make it clear i am not trying to offend anyone but have a costructive discussion that would lead to concrate solutions. I put my hope in the upcoming expansion and believe it will solve majority of this issues, please don't dissappoint us, your faithful players.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 02-27-2014 at 03:55 AM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

Well yes hauntlet,ctf,tdm,crypts leaderboards are all occupied by twinks(mostly).

Talking about hauntlet and crypts, they are way too easier at low levels.In my opinion,creating same difficulty for all lvls instead of creating seperate lb will be a better idea and as far as pvp is concerned i don think anything is better than seperating the endgamers from twinks but there is one more thing that comes,even for twinks higher the level goes, pvp gets difficult.
    For example: 2 non dummy farming twinks, one is lv10 and other is lv21. Killing at lv10 is way too easier than at lv21
    So if the lb for endgamers and twinks get seperated,tomorrow someone will wake up and demand for seperate lb again as it was done for end gamers
    And many twinks are there who lvl up after they get on lb.So making seperate leaderboard for pvp might not workout that well

Life is always unfair somehow
    Last edited by yasshh; 02-27-2014 at 02:37 AM.

Retired.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

There are plenty of end game kill farmers. I have confronted many people but STS protects them so they can't be named. But many of us know who they are. When confronted they first deny it, then justify their actions by saying others do it, and then resort to insults.

If a twink can fairly get enough PvP kills then they deserve a spot on the leaderboard. But I have seen many twink kill farming dummies. So end game or twink there are many people doing it. And you can easily see this by their KDRs. And for STS to protect these people by deleting threads or ignoring emails to support and wash their hands of it makes a mockery of having leaderboards.

Maybe the next time there is a best MMO award, we should email the web site with all of these problems and see if this gets anyone's attention.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyFeusalet View Post
    There were a couple others including myself, who made threads that the leaderboards should only be available to the Lv. 35-36 people. No response from dev.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yasshh View Post
    Well yes hauntlet,ctf,tdm,crypts leaderboards are all occupied by twinks(mostly).

Talking about hauntlet and crypts, they are way too easier at low levels.In my opinion,creating same difficulty for all lvls instead of creating seperate lb will be a better idea and as far as pvp is concerned i don think anything is better than seperating the endgamers from twinks but there is one more thing that comes,even for twinks higher the level goes, pvp gets difficult.
    For example: 2 non dummy farming twinks, one is lv10 and other is lv21. Killing at lv10 is way too easier than at lv21
    So if the lb for endgamers and twinks get seperated,tomorrow someone will wake up and demand for seperate lb again as it was done for end gamers
    And many twinks are there who lvl up after they get on lb.So making seperate leaderboard for pvp might not workout that well

Life is always unfair somehow
    My opinion:

Hauntlet and watchers tombs lb are way more fair than elite(~50m gear/person +arcane pet) and shuyal arena(rogues only) leaderboard. Everyone can make a lvl10-lvl15 twink within a few hour, and buy a decent tarlok gear for 1-2million gold and some cheap pet.
    Yes, this way a warrior can be on time run leaderboard too. (edit: or this is the only way)
    Last edited by Haligali; 02-27-2014 at 04:36 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

twinking is ok...farming kills whether at twink levels or endgame isnt...it is totally true that most people would like the STS to take care of this matter instead of making some new vanities...people will be lot happier to see worthy people on the lb and more people will try if they know it is fair...when a guy who can play for 10 hours straight and he farms kill in a ctf room...how much chance do u think a normal guy who even plays 10 hrs, has to catch up? Many players aiming for PvP lb just quit because one day wen they wake up and check the Lb...random dude comes who wasnt even on the list is now on the top...pls do somethin abt this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fauksuras View Post
    Even Hauntlet I don't think twinks should be taking those spots.
    Hello Sir,
    Since at a lower level it is far easier to run the hauntlet, many endgamers take advantage of this. It is not wrong it is simply people using intiative to get where they want to be. And as Haligali said it does not take a fortune to create a low level twink specifically for timed runs. If you have great end game gear then you should be able to make a twink if you really want to get on the LB. Only problem i find here is when people kill farm dummies. That is totally unfair and it does not just happen at twink levels. I believe if you have evidence showing someone doing that(screenshot) you can report them and STS will deal with it.
    Yours Truly,

Sky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    If a twink can fairly get enough PvP kills then they deserve a spot on the leaderboard.
    I agree with this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    There were a couple others including myself, who made threads that the leaderboards should only be available to the Lv. 35-36 people. No response from dev.
    So how do the users who cannot afford an arcane pet, latest gear, etc. supposed to compete? Yes, I know there are players who only use legendary and they kill well. Those guys are flukes. Most of us, aren't that good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Please allow me but I have a slightly off topic (and possibly noobish) question: why do people want to be on the leader board? Do you win something or is it just your name posted there that people are attracted to?

Spending hours on hours killing a dummy just to get a banner or my name posted there seems so pointless to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by borix View Post
    Please allow me but I have a slightly off topic (and possibly noobish) question: why do people want to be on the leader board? Do you win something or is it just your name posted there that people are attracted to?

Spending hours on hours killing a dummy just to get a banner or my name posted there seems so pointless to me.
    Recognition

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

People who farm dummies just to get this 'recognition' should get a life. But they probably think this virtual 'life' equals real life.

Some sort of league system where you battle against opponents with similar kill/death ratio or similar stats might make things more honest. But anyway I do not really care about pvp but this is partly because I'm a mage who gets his @ss kicked every time I wander off in there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Default My thoughts on twinks and leaderboards

I understand your frustration with twinks being in the LB but please realize that there at Many twinks that earned those spots fair and square at least for the CTF LB.

If it makes you feel an better twinking at 10+ has becoming significantly harder due to the sheer amount of skilled twinks now and arcanes in low LVL brackets. When I first starting pvping in season 2 I was LVL 10 and I hit warmonger within maybe a month or playing because that's how easy it was. There are many players who legitimately got to the LB and a few bad people who cheated, but please don't discredit the whole LB.

As of now I have a high kdr and I'm on CTF LB and daily I get people harassing me and calling me a cheater. Just because a few twinks has cheated does not mean that anyone with a good kdr has cheated. That is an unfair assumption and I've worked very for my kills. And also remember that end gamers still do boost kills too. This is not just a Twink problem but rather an Arcane Legends problem which the mods are doing their best to solve. And I must say that CTF farming has significantly been reduced from season 4.

My best advice is to screenshot a PVP farmer if you see them and email it to Support. They seem to be very responsive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Merrrrrrrked; 02-27-2014 at 11:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

can one dev move this thread to AL PVP players? or AL suggestion and feedback?

[Gamer 🎮] [Public Loudspeaker 📢] [Forum adept 🔧] [Economist 💰] [Positive user 💡] [Verified Profile ✔️]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Not everyone has freaking arcane or mythic gear!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

I have an endgame character and a Twink. I don't have any mythic except for abbadon. How the heck am I going to survive if I don't have mythic or arcane. If twinks are disable, split the PVP into people who have mythic and people who don't . I hate it also when you mythic/arcane people farm us legendary people. That's worse then having a Twink. And stop complaining, their are other ways to get onto the leaderboards. You already have mythic/arcane. So why complain?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    I have an endgame character and a Twink. I don't have any mythic except for abbadon. How the heck am I going to survive if I don't have mythic or arcane. If twinks are disable, split the PVP into people who have mythic and people who don't . I hate it also when you mythic/arcane people farm us legendary people. That's worse then having a Twink. And stop complaining, their are other ways to get onto the leaderboards. You already have mythic/arcane. So why complain?
    Nobody talked about mythics or arcanes.
    The issue here is the exploit of what supposed to be a legal competition but instead transformed into a "bug exploit".

Dummy farming is what is being discussed.

Dividing PvP into mythic and non mythic is not the best solution because mythic and arcane users worked hard or spend hard to gain their advantage so they have the rights to use them.

Again dividing PvP into twink leaderboard and endgame leaderboard is not the best solution cause the main problem of dummy farming will still persist.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 02-27-2014 at 04:36 PM.