Thread: [Suggestion] Second tier classes!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default [Suggestion] Second tier classes!

So I had this idea like, what if after you hit lvl 37 your character has the option to pick from 2 classes that extend off of your base class. Like second tier classes tweak the skills and provide bonuses to certain stats. I think second tier classes would add more customization and personality to each player while giving the old players a breath of fresh air. Also as a note if a person was to pick a class but regret it they could 'revert their character" in the skill screen for 15 platinum. Upon picking a second class you're refunded SKILL points to distribute among your new skill kit. I'll give my ideas for second rogue classes as there the only ones I have thought of IMO!

Rogue -> Ranger/Assasin
    Assasin: Your rogue has embraced the shadows and skills are based around darkness. Assasin would act as a superior close range dps utilising daggers.
    Assasins receive a +50 str+dex bonus with increases to dodge, critical, and dps.
    Skills:
    Shadow Peircer<Shadow assault(power boost and better armor debuff)

Noxious bolt<Dark Dart(stronger poison, single target)

Shadow Storm<Shadow Pulse(self-cast small AoE damage. Quicker cooldown but around same power)

Combat Medic<Shade(self heal that recovers 35% hp but grants mana regen for 15 seconds)

Aimed Shot<Mind slice(Aimed shot damage directly infront of the caster in a line with chance to daze target, hits multiple targets)

Bomb<Shadow Walk(turns you into a small walking AoE with the same buffs as bomb)

Entangling Trap<Come Hither(Your rogue uses the enemies shadows to push enemies towards her also giving +5 dodge. Solid damage but chunky mana cost and 10 second cooldown.)

Razor Shield<Shadow Shield( Similar to the prior but replaces razors with shadow tendrils. This skill also doesn't cause bleeding but has a 5% chance to cause slow.)

Ranger: Your rogue has cut her ties with the shadows and honed her skills as a master marksman. As such their skills with a bow are percise and deadly allowing them to engage enemies from afar while supporting the team.
    Rangers receive +50 Dex/Int. With increases to bonus dmg, dodge, and damage.
    Skills:
    Shadow Piercer<Tri-Arrow(Cone attack with chance to knock down but not knock back)

Noxious Bolt<Poison bolt(Nearly identical to noxious but with increased poison time)

Shadow Storm<Dyna-arrow(Much Increased damage of AoE but replaces chance for crit damage with chance to lower targets vision)

Combat Medic<Field Medic(Almost identical to the former. But replaces ability to create more medkits with having a 30% chance to make a mana medkit in PvE. Medkits are also yellow for HP and blue for Mana)

Aimed shot<Ranger's Shot(Similar to aimed shot but with increased damage and mana cost.)

Entangling Trap<Conibear Trap(100/80% Chance to pull enemies into trap radius in PvE{10% in PvP} other then that nearly identical. Except for a cleaner steel appearence of the trap itself)

Shadow Veil<Smoke Bomb(Almost identical to the prior but causes damage on first burst{Like a bomb would}.)

Razor Shield<Barrel Roll(A unique movement skill that doesn't cause any damage. But a sub-skill of this move allows your Ranger to drop either a Trap or a Bomb mid roll. Depending on which one is on your skill map, and if you have both on your skill map then it's a 50/50 chance of one or the other. This causes Barrel Roll and Bomb or Trap to go into cooldown. This skill also frees you from stuns/roots/slows.

Warriors -> Beserker/Knight
    Sorcerer-> Wizard/Grenadier
    I know im missing the other 2 classes but I just wanted to share my idea with others. C:
    Last edited by allplay; 03-05-2014 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Finished Assasin/Rogue

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allplay For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Great suggestion!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

I remember playing an rpg that did this. I thought it was kinda cool. But it would certainly be a challenge to make them all balanced, since STS has trouble balancing 3...

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Warrior -> Berserker/Knight

Berserker: Your warrior mastered his two-handed sword skill and became a death machine. Berserker is considered to be a DD tank with corresponding skills:
    Skyward Smash -> Death Blow (The same to SS, but with higher damage and crit chance)
    Chest Splitter -> Cruel Slice (In addition to traditional CS causes DoT bleed, reduces armor, damage)
    Windmill -> Death Dance (Adds additional strike and also pins enemy to the ground during dance)
    Axe Throw -> Lethal Pierce (Deals 250% damage on critical)
    Vengeful Blood -> Battle Fury (Same benefits as VB, but HP and MP return is bigger)
    Juggernaut -> Berserk (The same to Jug, but your damage increases by 10% with every 10% of HP loss)
    Horn of Renew -> War Horn (Heal is reduced, but it increases damage and crit by 15%)
    Rally Cry -> Any ideas?

Knight: King Dude's legacy, Knights, can wreck hordes of enemies with their massive hammers, amplified by celestial forces. They are considered to be pure tanks:
    Skyward Smash -> Over 9000 Ton Blow (Has increased AoE and higher chance to stun)
    Chest Splitter -> Maul Sidestroke (Strikes more targets and has a low chance to stun)
    Windmill -> Hercules Whirlgig (Strikes more targets and reduces crit by 10%)
    Axe Throw -> Storm Bolt (Has 100% chance to stun)
    Vengeful Blood -> King Dude Spirit (The same to VB, but provides HoT and MoT)
    Juggernaut -> Knight (Dmg reduction increased to 30%, Second Wind provides self-heal at 35%)
    Horn of Renew -> Paladin Horn (Also provides shield similar to Scorch's)
    Rally Cry -> Heaven Touch (Significantly increases Rally Cry benefits)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default [Suggestion] Second tier classes!

Had been suggested a year ago but STS won't do it

And MoloToha, your idea makes warriors so op that I'll wager 50mil it won't happen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by havenjacket View Post

And MoloToha, your idea makes warriors so op that I'll wager 50mil it won't happen
    Ahahaha, it's just fantasy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by havenjacket View Post

It's just an idea I had, nothing serious. Just fun! :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Damm nice xD
    #Eminence Kamehaa