Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Cant use the login on google +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Default Cant use the login on google +

Hey STS

Yesterday when I tried to log in to my account, I couldnt get it to work (I use Google +).
    I cant press the "login & play" button as seen below on the picture, and I have no idea why. Also first time this has happened.
    Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Edit: I cant log on with the STS email option, so it seems that google + is the problem.

Name:  Skjermbilde 2014-03-03 kl. 14.47.45.png
Views: 197
Size:  1.30 MB
    Last edited by Hummer; 03-03-2014 at 01:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Uninstall app, clear cache and try again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orageunas View Post
    Uninstall app, clear cache and try again.
    I had high hopes, but for no reason sadly. The problem is still there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Hmm have you tried to log out on your google account and restart phone? Before restarting uninstall app and clean cache.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orageunas View Post
    Hmm have you tried to log out on your google account and restart phone? Before restarting uninstall app and clean cache.
    I cant use my phone as it fell and hit the concrete 2 days ago. Im just using google chrome on my Mac now. I've uninstalled the app and cleared all caches too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Would really appreciate some feedback from you, STS. Even suggestions if it's just suggestions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

My brother has an ipad and can't get his to log in as well. He can only play on his phone now. The ipad used to work but recently it has not let him log in unless he is on his phone instead of his ipad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Make sure your java is running fine and is up to date. After pressing that button you should see a pop up asking you to give permission for the app, then you log in etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Make sure your java is running fine and is up to date. After pressing that button you should see a pop up asking you to give permission for the app, then you log in etc.
    I checked it just now. Java is up to date and the java caches are deleted. It still doesnt work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Hmm maybe a script or ad blocker is interfering?

And this is on a mac right? Has AL previously worked there or it's the first time you're trying to play on it? And something else, does it give any errors on the java console while you load the game and attempt to log in?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Hmm maybe a script or ad blocker is interfering?

And this is on a mac right? Has AL previously worked there or it's the first time you're trying to play on it? And something else, does it give any errors on the java console while you load the game and attempt to log in?
    Its on a Mac, yes. I've been playing on Google Chrome for well over a year with adblock on too. Never been any problems with the login.

The red "login and play" button on the picture I posted in the first post doesnt seem to work. It's like a part of the background picture, if you know what I mean. It doesnt give any response when I click it. The weird thing is that facebook and Spacetime email login works perfectly fine. Its just the Google + login that gives me this problem.

Ive done several test on Java and different updates on my Mac to see if anything's missing, but everything is up to date. With all the caches deleted + deleted/reinstalled the app Im now out of options of possible solutions to fix this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

The part-of-the-background effect is the same for everyone, I know what you mean. I think there's something wrong with your google+ account. Try logging out of it, clearing cookies/cache and closing browser, then re-open, go straight to AL and try to log in.

If it doesn't work, you can always try the cure-all; reinstalling chrome itself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Thanks for all the suggestions, Madnex!

Edit: Reinstalled chrome and now everything runs perfect!
    Last edited by Hummer; 03-06-2014 at 10:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Glad to hear. Have fun playing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Same... since the latest update I'm having a weird issue on chrome where it will bring me to the login screen and then I click login and get the loading screen... then "you have been disconnected from the server" immediately after that. If I try again immediately after it brings up the "server down for maintenance" message. Reloading again brings me back to the first problem and this just continues in an infinite loop!! Game works fine on tablet on the same connection, and internet speed is working fine in terms of everything else on the net on my computer...

I hope it fixes itself soon! Guildies will start thinking I've been in a tragic accident *_*

16.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kjalisi View Post
    Same... since the latest update I'm having a weird issue on chrome where it will bring me to the login screen and then I click login and get the loading screen... then "you have been disconnected from the server" immediately after that. If I try again immediately after it brings up the "server down for maintenance" message. Reloading again brings me back to the first problem and this just continues in an infinite loop!! Game works fine on tablet on the same connection, and internet speed is working fine in terms of everything else on the net on my computer...

I hope it fixes itself soon! Guildies will start thinking I've been in a tragic accident *_*
    If you can log in with the same connection on your tablet, then it is pretty clearly something wrong with your PC configuration. If Hummer fixed things by uninstalling Chrome and reinstalling, you might try that.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    If you can log in with the same connection on your tablet, then it is pretty clearly something wrong with your PC configuration. If Hummer fixed things by uninstalling Chrome and reinstalling, you might try that.
    Well the good news is that the disconnected from the server problem is no longer an issue. The bad news is that (before I read this... so before I uninstalled and reinstalled anything) the problem was replaced by the exact problem described in the original post - the Google Plus login button is unclickable. I've uninstalled chrome and reinstalled.... still nothing.

Strange thing is that I have just tried e-mail login on chrome (in the same browser which isn't letting me log on with G+) and that works just fine every time. It's ONLY the google plus login which is causing me this problem and its only the google plus button which is unclickable. Its also only in chrome - everything still working fine on tablet.

Worst case scenario: Is there any way to change my account association to e-mail login? *_*

Things I've tried which have changed nothing:

1. Uninstalling and reinstalling chrome
    2. Installing different chrome channels (ie tried dev and canary. the unclickable button problem persists)
    3. Cleaning out cache / etc. (Well I ran ccleaner)