Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Very Disappointed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Exclamation Very Disappointed

I've been thinking about the best way to frame this, but I keep coming back to the same verbage, so I'm just going to speak my mind. I've been playing MMOs for a very long time; from EverQuest 1 to every single MMO since. In all of these games, if one worked hard, one could find the very best gear through drops. I don't really even mind the new genre of game, the "free to play" with in app purchasing. In this particular game, which I must hasten to say, I really love and enjoy playing, I have a HUGE issue that at end game, white crap gear drops off mobs with no hint of decent end game gear. Why? Because Spacetime understands what true greed means. They know we spend sometimes large amounts of money to unlock crates that have the lowest margin of possibility of containing myth gear. How does this impact us and the game? First and most obviously, it impacts us financially. Second and more subtly, many groups simply don't want to group with players who aren't fully geared in myth. You'll still get your plat and gold purchase from lower and mid level players who need to upgrade their gear.

I'm in a very good guild, in fact, the number 1 guild on the server. Most of the members are very cool and very fun and I have no complaints about them, or the way we treat one another. But no matter how good a player you are, generally you can't get into groups that would help us progress simply because we aren't fully mythed out.

Spacetime, people are STILL going to be purchasing plat and gold. So my question to you is why would you set up such a player unfriendly environment where tough elite mobs will NEVER drop myth gear? What would it cost you give us end game players the opportunity to get our myth dropped, instead of having to spend millions of gold to get something I'd prefer to earn rather than pay for? This is nothing but a pure money sink, and I find it offensive and remarkably greedy. I honestly suggest that you take a moment to rethink this situation and create an area or an instanced dungeon that's as difficult as you want to make it, so that we have the opportunity to earn our drops? This can only help you in terms of both customer service and customer loyalty. I'd love to have a response to this question, as I'm clearly not the only player who feels this way. I eagerly look forward to hearing a meaningful answer to these questions. Thanks for listening.

Straticus, 36 mage
    Vulgarus, 36 rogue
    Stratbruiser, 36 warrior
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Straticus; 03-06-2014 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Continuity, grammar, spelling

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Straticus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Actually there is a way to earn myths and arcanes instead of paying for them via gold or plat.
    Farm elites loot golden chests and open them. It is hard but not impossible.

Dropping myths directly from a elite boss is a 1 barrier and it would be the simplest way to earn myth/arcane.
    The loot was made with a 2 barrier: you drop elite chests then you loot myths/arcanes from them.

It could even have been worse with a 3 barrier system: you loot elite chests drop recipes from them and with X recipes create a mythic item.
    Or even a 4 barrier[....]

Sadly i must say it's true that people do "descriminate" you if you look "noobish", NOT ALL but a lot of players look at gear first then at the fact if you know how to play and your personality, i fully agree on this.

For example today at KM3 some players kept asking for mythic rogue and mage for their party waiting and waiting while their elixirs were running out...even though right in front of them there were undergeared legendary mages and rogues asking for party they didn't pick them.

AL is difficult to play without popping crates especially if you lunge for the desire of wearing mythics and arcanes but that's exactly what should keep you playing hard...the desire to become stonger, growing day by day and overcoming the obstacles on your way.

Ps: A high percentage of players with myths/arcane don't even know how to play their toon, they pooped crates at their early stages and got lucky.
    If you know how to play and i think you know how to play this game, you are miles away from them and have nothing to be disappointed about
    Last edited by Anarchist; 03-12-2014 at 04:47 AM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

You'll probably get alot of hate for this thread nd hear the obvious "sts needs to feed theor familes" thing. Yes sts needs to feed themselves and keep a company goin but i do agree with you that this is a greedy game along with the Battle games. How many times ive heard people rant and rave they spent thousands of actual dollars on this game to get nothing is to numerous to count. Thats thousands, not hundreds, not 20 or so dollars. Top that with how many players are actually dropping the much of money on crates alone just shows that why should sts let best gear be dropped any more. Thats what drove me from this game, the fact the lucky can get fully geared but there is no feeling of reward to being lucky to me
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

6. The Following User Says Thank You to xcainnblecterx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

well now I wanna hunt you down straticus. NO ONE TALKS TO MY H2N LIKE THAT *****************!!!!!!!!!
    I was crazy before it was fashionable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ihateppl View Post
    well now I wanna hunt you down straticus. NO ONE TALKS TO MY H2N LIKE THAT *****************!!!!!!!!!
    You didn't even complete his profile on hipstershaadi.com "my H2N".. huh!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

We hear ya.

In the Dragon Enclave expansion, we are working toward a token system for the Crafting component of the Arcane Ring. Bosses will have a rare chance to drop Teeth currency that you'll need to get the recipe for the Arcane Ring. You'll still need to get your hands on an Arcane Shard that drops from a Locked Crate, but that shard can be used toward whatever Arcane item you want to craft. More at http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Mount-Rockhorn!

I have always been a fan of token systems. Other MMORPGs put them to good use. They allow you to have continual progress toward an item. It might take a while to get there, but you can see the path to what you want, rather than just if you get lucky. We still have a lot of work to do to flesh the system out and need to see how well it is received, but I believe it is a step in the direction you are interested in seeing the game go.

Warm regards,
    Samhayne
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Your post seems genuine, and you don't seem jealous of the players that are able to get there faster by opening crates, so I have to wonder if you just don't know that these drop CAN be gotten through the game. While yes, they do not DROP off of elite MOBS, ELITE GOLD CHESTS do drop off of Elite Bosses. These Elite Gold Chests do contain Mythics AND Arcane items (I got a Mythic Fang from an Elite Golden Puzzle Box yesterday) so there are indeed ways players can get the items without paying the plat or opening the locked crates. I personally do not like that they drop from the boxes and not directly from the bosses, but luck elixirs have no effect on what you get when you open a box so they are better able to keep the rates under control.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ihateppl View Post
    Lmao but arcane legends isn't "greedy" sure it cost lots of money, but think about how much money it takes to make the game itself including paying the people working for the company, and they're just taking advantage of their amazing game making skills and the popularity of the game, wanna see a greedy company? Check out Gameloft(although the rip off copies are fun) But sts is doing its best to survive and live in the mmorpg company, Imo, I think sts should n't abandon all their other "legends" games, the new "battle" games aren't a original idea hence I don't play them.
    In conclusion, dont blame sts if u dont like these games best you dont play them, Ive never spent a penny for arcane legends and I can compete with Mythics and Arcanes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Default Very Disappointed

Well it's too late to do anything the economy in arcane legends is already flowing. Allowing mythics to be dropped would decrease their value into the legendary category and many of those who earned their mythic though farming will be very unhappy if they become obtained directly.
    However I don't disagree it's just that it's too late to do anything.

EDIT: imagine if did happen how much harder would the The Midas Touch ap would be to get.
    Last edited by Sky_is_epicgearz; 03-06-2014 at 05:27 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sky_is_epicgearz For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Goes back to wanting it all instantly. Mmorpgs are either pay monthly or pay in game. But sets games you can get everything you want free.

Took me a while to realize it.

You farm farm farm
    .....and then farm some more

Locks goes for 10-12k in bad times and double that in good times. Good gear that sells nicely drops from elites...and elite chests drop myth/arcane...that's why they cost so much.

Then there events and seasons and discontinued gear/vanities/gems (well now) to buy/sell/trade. You just have to hold it till it gets rarer.

Soon to be arcane shards (can't wait to see how expensive they go for lol) that are tradable. It goes on and on you just don't see the forest for the trees. Patience and farming and merching smartly can get you a huge bankroll.

I remember when locks first came out. They sold for 150 gold in auction. Then announcement that mythic pet was going to be in them and they went CRAZY. Some people who hoarded them at stupid cheap prices made out like kings that day I tell you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    You'll still need to get your hands on an Arcane Shard that drops from a Locked Crate, but that shard can be used toward whatever Arcane item you want to craft. More at http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Mount-Rockhorn!
    Hey Sam. Do you mean it will be this way or that it's still just a possibility?

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Straticus View Post
    I've been thinking about the best way to frame this, but I keep coming back to the same verbage, so I'm just going to speak my mind. I've been playing MMOs for a very long time; from EverQuest 1 to every single MMO since. In all of these games, if one worked hard, one could find the very best gear through drops. I don't really even mind the new genre of game, the "free to play" with in app purchasing. In this particular game, which I must hasten to say, I really love and enjoy playing, I have a HUGE issue that at end game, white crap gear drops off mobs with no hint of decent end game gear. Why? Because Spacetime understands what true greed means. They know we spend sometimes large amounts of money to unlock crates that have the lowest margin of possibility of containing myth gear. How does this impact us and the game? First and most obviously, it impacts us financially. Second and more subtly, many groups simply don't want to group with players who aren't fully geared in myth. You'll still get your plat and gold purchase from lower and mid level players who need to upgrade their gear.

I'm in a very good guild, in fact, the number 1 guild on the server. Most of the members are very cool and very fun and I have no complaints about them, or the way we treat one another. But no matter how good a player you are, generally you can't get into groups that would help us progress simply because we aren't fully mythed out.

Spacetime, people are STILL going to be purchasing plat and gold. So my question to you is why would you set up such a player unfriendly environment where tough elite mobs will NEVER drop myth gear? What would it cost you give us end game players the opportunity to get our myth dropped, instead of having to spend millions of gold to get something I'd prefer to earn rather than pay for? This is nothing but a pure money sink, and I find it offensive and remarkably greedy. I honestly suggest that you take a moment to rethink this situation and create an area or an instanced dungeon that's as difficult as you want to make it, so that we have the opportunity to earn our drops? This can only help you in terms of both customer service and customer loyalty. I'd love to have a response to this question, as I'm clearly not the only player who feels this way. I eagerly look forward to hearing a meaningful answer to these questions. Thanks for listening.

Straticus, 36 mage
    Vulgarus, 36 rogue
    Stratbruiser, 36 warrior
    I get what your saying, but if you think this is bad, in DL the first week the game came out it REQUIRED energy to even step into a dungeon. Yes, it required energy to even attack mobs to get a few points to level up, so one would only be able to play 3 dungeons per hour/hours. So a week from then they decided to change it, maybe this will happen but i agree 100% with what you are saying, thats why i dont play end game content on most mmo's i normally prefer to twink out characters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

The game doesn't really favor farming. Because everything in the game declines in value over time. There are brief periods of where the value for items is very high. The price of most items have no basis on performance but rarity. But as more of these items come on the market the price quickly declines. We are coming up on a period where farming will be profitable again. So you should try to get to the next level cap as fast as possible and farm elites. Because new elite golden chests during this time can sell for 200-300k or more. Also new gear which drops from elite bosses can be 1-2m. In the mean time just farm for locked crates in brackenridge/jarl, gold mine or km3. Farming anything else at this time is a waste of time with the possible exception of some eggs.

You don't need to open any chests or crates to advance. Just sell everything you farm, but you have to farm at the right times and potentially sell at the right times. Also you can do some merching to help earn some extra gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

All of your responses are fair enough, and I respect the time taken to address my points of view. I've had literally hundreds of elite gold chests drop for me, and end up getting worthless pink drops that are considerably worse than my current gear, or gear that would net me nothing in the AH. I am not a jealous, foolish, or greedy man. In fact, I spend a great deal of time running youngsters through their zones or quests simply because I enjoy helping them progress. I don't want to have to rely on luck alone. I want to work hard to achieve my goals by raiding and taking down hard elite bosses to EARN my gear. That's my entire point here. Relying on getting lucky on getting the right crate or chest doesn't work for me, because then you end up with players geared up who haven't the slightest idea about how to play their classes, and end up getting you killed. If I had a dollar for every Mage who has told me that dropping well placed clocks for CC was a complete waste of skill points, not only would I have full myth, but with plenty of cash left over. Don't minimize this point either please, as knowing what role your toon plays is critical. Then you have tanks who have no clue that their role is NOT as a dps class, but rather a taunter to keep mobs on them, so that the dps and rdps classes can burn the mobs down quickly. I know many warriors who think that having their AC as high as possible regardless of their dps and damage is ridiculous, and take no taunting skills or put skill points into taunting. Would any of you group with players like this even if they had the best gear in the game? I sure as hell won't, and don't. I just want to be able to earn my gear, and don't understand why this has been made so difficult to achieve. And Sam, I really thank you sincerely for your prompt and honest response to my post. It's good to know that a long time and loyal member of the STS family has been heard . I have maxed out toons in your other games as well, and really do find the brand top notch. Just please at least consider having the teeth and shards drop, rather than merely being lucky enough to find one after spending a lot of cash opening crates . Thanks again for your response.
    Last edited by Straticus; 03-06-2014 at 05:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliteFamily View Post
    Actually there is a way to earn myths and arcanes instead of paying for them via gold or plat.
    Farm elites loot golden chests and open them. It is hard but not impossible.

Dropping myths directly from a elite boss is a 1 barrier and it would be the simplest way to earn myth/arcane.
    The loot was made with a 2 barrier: you drop elite chests then you loot myths/arcanes from them.

It could even have been worse with a 3 barrier system: you loot elite chests drop receipes from them and with X receips creat a mythic item.
    Or even a 4 barrier[....]

Sadly i must say it's true that people do "descriminate" you if look "noobish" NOT ALL but a part of players look at gear first then at the fact if you know how to play and your personality, i fully agree on this.

For example today at KM3 some players kept asking for mythic rogue and mage for their party while waiting and waiting while their elixirs where running out...even though there where undergeared legendary mages and rogues they chosed not to pick them.

AL is difficult to play without popping crates especially if you lunge for the desire of wearing mythics and arcanes but that's exactly what should keep you playing hard...the desire to become stonger, growing day by day and overcoming the obstacles on your way.

Ps: A high percentage of players with myths/arcane don't even know how to play their toon, they pooped crates at their early stages and got lucky.
    If you know how to play and i think you know how to play this game, you are miles away from them and have nothing to be disappointed about
    You have... let's say a 10% chance to get an Elite Golden Chest from a boss, now you have to take in consideration the percent chance that you get a mythic from the chest, which is lower than the chance in a locked crate, mythic percent... let's say 1%

Now let's say you do 10000 runs, that's 1000 chests, and then 1% chance of getting a mythic is 10 mythics per 10000 runs. Now let's take crates which can't be dropped from Elite Chests. 5% rate for crates, 10000*.05=500*.02=10 which is the same exact chance as Elite Chests considering rarity of the drop from an Elite Boss. Essentially, you can farm crates a ton faster or you can run elites and get the same chance as simply getting a locked crate from the boss and opening it.

Let's take a look at arcanes. Let's say arcanes have a drop rate of .1% (in locked crates). 10000*.05=500*.001=5 arcanes per 10000 runs of Elite missions.
    (these are all estimations and still probably greater than the real values, plus luck is always a factor)

Long story short, they would rather have you run KM3 and use tons of plat or you could waste your time running elites for a relatively close chance between both chests.

P.S. farming 100 crates is 1m, so farming those is always an option
    Last edited by Roberto077; 03-06-2014 at 05:48 PM. Reason: idk, stats and stuff

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Huh?????? Guess you didn't read my post well enough, or you're just joking. Don't know you, so I can't tell

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

All I know is OP has had hundreds of elite gold chests....and opened them all. There's the first mistake. Let someone else take that chance, you take the gold.

Even at the median value of 30k/elite gold chest in the three lvls they are in now...100 chests is 3million gold. That's enough for at least one mythic armor.

And that's just if you had those chests at today's value....its not hard. You just have to resist urge to open, let some other gambler do that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

We hear ya.

In the Dragon Enclave expansion, we are working toward a token system for the Crafting component of the Arcane Ring. Bosses will have a rare chance to drop Teeth currency that you'll need to get the recipe for the Arcane Ring. You'll still need to get your hands on an Arcane Shard that drops from a Locked Crate, but that shard can be used toward whatever Arcane item you want to craft. More at http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Mount-Rockhorn!

I have always been a fan of token systems. Other MMORPGs put them to good use. They allow you to have continual progress toward an item. It might take a while to get there, but you can see the path to what you want, rather than just if you get lucky. We still have a lot of work to do to flesh the system out and need to see how well it is received, but I believe it is a step in the direction you are interested in seeing the game go.

Warm regards,
    Samhayne
    OK I am very confused right now. You said in the other thread that initially only the ring will be available for crafting with the arcane shard.

And in This thread, you make it sound like all the arcanes will be craftable. Which thread do I believe?

Please clear this up for us...

25.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #19
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    OK I am very confused right now. You said in the other thread that initially only the ring will be available for crafting with the arcane shard.

And in This thread, you make it sound like all the arcanes will be craftable. Which thread do I believe?

Please clear this up for us...
    Depending on how things go with the Ring, we may make other Arcane or Mythic rarity items craftable. The key word is "may". Only the ring is currently implemented to involve crafting.

The misty veil of the future hides what may be...
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Depending on how things go with the Ring, we may make other Arcane or Mythic rarity items craftable. The key word is "may". Only the ring is currently implemented to involve crafting.

The misty veil of the future hides what may be...
    Thanks for the speedy response!