Thread: (PvE) Fireball Scorch upgrade - Worth it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default (PvE) Fireball Scorch upgrade - Worth it.

With many mobs not getting disabled (stunned, frozen, rooted) by mages, its definitely worth getting that scorch (miss) upgrade on the fireball just to make these unstoppable mobs miss their attacks. Example of these mobs are the black skeletons and evil rogues of km3, evil mages and shielded skeletons of shuyal, and a lot more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

The problem with scorch is you have to charge it. So if you charge fireball it knocks mobs down. So scorch reduces hit chance by 25% for 5 seconds. When you factor in the knock down, the scorch effect is less. Since they aren't attacking you when knocked down. Also it's unclear to me what effects by mobs or bosses are effected by hit chance reduction. Hit chance reduction is like dodge but it's forever stuck at 25% unlike dodge which keeps going up.

You have a point about certain mobs which aren't effected by stuns, freezing or rooted. However I don't take this upgrade and practice getting out of the red zone while spamming pots.

For PvP I am skeptical it is that useful. I have played with and without it. And it's hard to even notice any difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    The problem with scorch is you have to charge it. So if you charge fireball it knocks mobs down. So scorch reduces hit chance by 25% for 5 seconds. When you factor in the knock down, the scorch effect is less. Since they aren't attacking you when knocked down. Also it's unclear to me what effects by mobs or bosses are effected by hit chance reduction. Hit chance reduction is like dodge but it's forever stuck at 25% unlike dodge which keeps going up.

You have a point about certain mobs which aren't effected by stuns, freezing or rooted. However I don't take this upgrade and practice getting out of the red zone while spamming pots.

For PvP I am skeptical it is that useful. I have played with and without it. And it's hard to even notice any difference.
    I'm not saying that you get miss over stun upgrade. What I mean is its good to have them both, 5/5 fireball, because there are a significant number of mobs that don't get stunned. You can't do anything to stop them from attacking you.

For those mobs that CAN be stunned, then good, I wish they stay down as long as possible, but what could you do with those that don't get stunned? Just make them miss - Scorch upgrade.

As far as what individual mob/boss are affected is concerned I really don't know for sure because it's hard to notice the scorch upgrade on only 1 opponent because mobs, and even bosses have slow attack speeds. Within that 5 second scorch effect, maybe you'll only get 1-2 attacks from a single opponent. But you could notice the effect in a huge group of mobs, but to pinpoint exactly who's affected, I don't know.

Maybe some moderator could shed some light on our doubt as to who is really affected (or immune) by the fireball scorch upgrade?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by otb:1510964
    Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post

I'm not saying that you get miss over stun upgrade. What I mean is its good to have them both, 5/5 fireball, because there are a significant number of mobs that don't get stunned. You can't do anything to stop them from attacking you.

For those mobs that CAN be stunned, then good, I wish they stay down as long as possible, but what could you do with those that don't get stunned? Just make them miss - Scorch upgrade.

As far as what individual mob/boss are affected is concerned I really don't know for sure because it's hard to notice the scorch upgrade on only 1 opponent because mobs, and even bosses have slow attack speeds. Within that 5 second scorch effect, maybe you'll only get 1-2 attacks from a single opponent. But you could notice the effect in a huge group of mobs, but to pinpoint exactly who's affected, I don't know.

Maybe some moderator could shed some light on our doubt as to who is really affected (or immune) by the fireball scorch upgrade?
    Scorch upgrade is mostly good for bosses. Not for pvp or mobs since the 100% stun is what you should rely on for the charged fb with upgrade. Even then I wouldnt consider it "good" since you can still get hit even after the 25 percent hit reduction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

I think it's a point better spent elsewhere. No scorch for me please.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Grey skeleons in wt are immune to stuns and hit rather hard, so, this upgrade can help to deal with them. Anyway, I don't pick it.