Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Warrior guidance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flluby2 View Post
    Interesting that you have Second Wind upgrade instead of taunt Crows. As far as my hands could pot I never let my hp goes below full hp. Often I found myself dead when stunned and frozen, lowered armor, all those Shuyal debuffs going on. I might try this out.

Weak taunt is only good for tombs or mines IMO. Grabs the mobs attention for a few sec before your party behind do the finishing blow. By default with no taunt, the mobs will direct hits towards the Mage. And slightly helpful too if you are skipping some mobs while running in Elite.
    Experience tells me that I am holding aggro well. At the surprise towards second wind, I challenge you to run Overgrow in 3 pulls without it.

For passes, mobs attack who ever is in front. As long as my party doesn't attack (even basic) and stay relatively close behind me everyone makes it through.

Ps: about mages. Mages get clobbered for several reasons. I have my two cents on what they should do, but, assuming they go around asking for taunt (some do) and then yell at me for not healing enough (sorry, I can't hack a slower cool down imbisole) as the cause of their deaths, I take to micro managing them. Stay near the mage and make sure you attack everything closer to him than you to keep the aggro (basic attack) ration WM and use when necessary.
    *remember distance is a factor for aggro. If you are closer to the mobs they will more likely target you than the mage (it would, of course, be ever so helpful if they would just stand a few paces back since all there attacks are ranged -_-. Run in to drop clocks (if you run elite, use clocks with the root upgrade please!) And run out).
    *My favorite mage builds:

-ice, clock, shield, fire (maybe add lightning for bosses).

(For well geared only, this is a good friends skill combo) ice, lightning, fire, clock. You better be darn sure you trust the tank you are running with to use this. I still think it is suicidal but results have shown otherwise.
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 03-21-2014 at 06:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jirikjurasek View Post
    Again? Its 50% chance when being hit by creature
    I will have to test this. It would seem like any DoT affect would make a ward immortal with this upgrade.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    If you don't have 4, get it. It sounds stupid at only 50%, but its 50% every second you are under 25% HP and it is a fairly high self heal. In some cases I don't eve use potions while jugg is active, you can't die unlss a verylarge number of mobs is attacking (10+ use potions).

The taunt in juggernaut hasn't been effective for me in the past. Does anyone here know its fundamentals? It appears to be several short ranged bursts of taunt which yield the same taunt as spamming basic attack (assuming you have a weapon which can hit more than one target).
    i hav tried tht 5/5 jugg in free respec weekend. only find usefull when u r in middle of fight and used jugg (using in elite skull cove helping a frnd get konga) and within 5-6s ur hp gets below 25%.
    nd tht second wind acts as lifesaver as u get low dmg from mobs and 500hp is worth 5-6hits.
    bt it seems useless in harder elite. as there enemies and boss hit above 15-18% of ur hp and jugg second wind heals 12-13% (assuming u hav 6.3k armour) which seems critical if ur hp falls below 25% and if u dnt get self heal.

i dnt think it fairly high heal as it heals only 12-13%hp. i dnt use jugg to heal. i use it for defense purposes.

the reason for u tht jugg nt effective as u r having highest dmg/dps in party. aggro will primarily get to character tht has highest dmg/dps.
    also as u r using bonesaw/glaive u can taunt enemy(s) with one swing. so ur basic attacks pull aggro.

bt as i use dev maul so i use jugg for the taunt to pull aggro from mages.
    also for immunity from various bosses and enemies tht does stun or slow(ex:elite inan, hammer, mages in shuyal, etc).
    combining jugg with vb in mobs helps me refill mana instantly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Experience tells me that I am holding aggro well. At the surprise towards second wind, I challenge you to run Overgrow in 3 pulls without it.

For passes, mobs attack who ever is in front. As long as my party doesn't attack (even basic) and stay relatively close behind me everyone makes it through.

Ps: about mages. Mages get clobbered for several reasons. I have my two cents on what they should do, but, assuming they go around asking for taunt (some do) and then yell at me for not healing enough (sorry, I can't hack a slower cool down imbisole) as the cause of their deaths, I take to micro managing them. Stay near the mage and make sure you attack everything closer to him than you to keep the aggro (basic attack) ration WM and use when necessary.
    *remember distance is a factor for aggro. If you are closer to the mobs they will more likely target you than the mage (it would, of course, be ever so helpful if they would just stand a few paces back since all there attacks are ranged -_-. Run in to drop clocks (if you run elite, use clocks with the root upgrade please!) And run out).
    *My favorite mage builds:

-ice, clock, shield, fire (maybe add lightning for bosses).

(For well geared only, this is a good friends skill combo) ice, lightning, fire, clock. You better be darn sure you trust the tank you are running with to use this. I still think it is suicidal but results have shown otherwise.
    i use the exact sorcerer build for elites.
    cast fireball to knock them then drop clock before they could recover from stun and then freeze em to stop them from attacking. nd war hits ribbit arcane.
    with trusted good tanks i use ice clock fire heal.
    bt with pugs i use ice clock fire and shield.

imo light deals less dmg to bosses comparing ice (overall)
    ice does same dmg as light (w/o 15% dmg increase upgrade) and also with dot its overall dmg increases then light.
    although crit upgrade is good for light bt sorc doest hv crits. sorc can hav light skill if sorc is full aggresive build i.e. int/dex build and gears with crit passive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    i use the exact sorcerer build for elites.
    cast fireball to knock them then drop clock before they could recover from stun and then freeze em to stop them from attacking. nd war hits ribbit arcane.
    with trusted good tanks i use ice clock fire heal.
    bt with pugs i use ice clock fire and shield.

imo light deals less dmg to bosses comparing ice (overall)
    ice does same dmg as light (w/o 15% dmg increase upgrade) and also with dot its overall dmg increases then light.
    although crit upgrade is good for light bt sorc doest hv crits. sorc can hav light skill if sorc is full aggresive build i.e. int/dex build and gears with crit passive.
    Typically I have seen clock be switched out for lightning at the boss since bosses typically walk out of the clock quickly after it is cast.

Mathematically, ice is the highest over time damage of any mage skill. Lightning is the highest single shot damage skill though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Day after elite opening, so...what about tanking? Iīm glad for my build I have lot of work to stay alive with 2100 armor and 6k HP and If I loose aggro on one mob even full myth rogues and mages are one shooted down.
    Some remark:
    Small Lizards donīt know what is aggro, charget Windmill with snare effect helps
    Big green orcs get stun after 1-2 seconds after pull, start with charget jugg with immune for movement imparing effect

Question: What do you think about Pavise? Is it still usefull (mean for defensive-survival tanking) Conq* Walls proc quite often and stun is nice for boss, but area stun of Pavise seems really good for mobs
    Last edited by Jirikjurasek; 03-26-2014 at 08:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default Thank you

Thank you for your help. But can you let me know how you do the combos in the fight? I mean which skill to go first? like SS>WM>JUGG>HoR ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hectororius View Post
    I used Crow's build when I first started getting heavy in to elites, and would revisit it when I would get upgraded gears and see what I could change to make me an overall better tank. It got to the point where all i did was was pure tanking and spec'd accordingly for that time.

that build was:

4/5 SS (no manna)
    4/5 WM (no cripple)
    4/5 Jugg (no self heal, my reasoning above)
    5/5 HoR

Passive were 5/5 DMG/Might/Armor and Rest were in Dex (forgot to change this to INT). This worked pretty amazing as a Pure Tank.

Now at lvl 41 cap and with some interest in part-time PvP, i'm Hybrid Spec'd to add some PvP skills. Its a mess!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Once there was a decent amount of mobs my usual combo was

Jugg>WM>SS. Horn when necessary.

After running enclave I've gone back to this build to focus on tanking and PvP can't wait. Added the extra points in to INT passive . def dying a lot less now. And once proper strats are made there should be minimal dying.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show....php?p=1455283

Here is one of the build. Try to check it out.

Sent from my grandpa's Nokia 3310
    I'm Beothius and also Nesloaisz in-game
    "Prepare for unforseen consequences." - Half Life: Episod Two

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Khairi For This Useful Post: