Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why does my warrior die like it paper!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

You probaly need to use a diffrent respec or something or just use armor that gives better armor instead of health or try dodge passives anyway, Best of luck!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Have a possibility u run in maps that you should have more level to not death , I mean for ex. when u enter in windmoore harbor and u re less than the lvl of map u can see and advertisment about map level , u saw this advertisment when you run in maps? Maybe its that your problem , if that is your problem , the solution its easy , you just have to level up to enter X map level required.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

You seem well knowledgeable at being a tank, with. Therefore I will give a brief overview of each skill in the hope that you will then be able to choose those best designed for your style of play.

Skyward Smash (SS):
    -Only warrior dash skill
    -Does area based damage (upgradeable)
    -Can upgrade stun (best stun skill for warriors due to a short cool down)
    -The mana return upgrade is considered worthless amongst most people

Chest Splitter (CS):
    -Shortest cool down for any warrior skill
    -Hits, and taunts, 3 targets
    -Can be upgraded to apply feeble (those affected will not be able to land critical hits)
    -Higher over time damage out than SS

Windmill (WM):
    -Best taunt skill I'm game
    -Over time damage
    -Very high damage due to hitting many targets

Axe Throw (axe):
    -Single target only
    -this skill is very popular in PvP due to strong debuffs (feeble and -10% armor) and the ability to pull targets into mele range. However, it is very weak in Elite except at boss fights.

Juggernaut (jugg):
    -You are almost immortal when this buff is active (with second wind upgrade).
    -Weak, yet existent, taunt
    -Longest cool down in game
    -A must for any tank

Vengeful Blood (VB):
    -Strongest buff skill of any class
    -Returns mana as you take damage (return is based on enemy's level and damage dealt)
    -adds: +50str (this includes a 500 HP self heal)
    - +25% damage (this combos well with HoR since it is based on the user's damage)
    - +25% critical chance (very power in PvP, not worth much in elite unless you go off-tank)

Rally Cry (RC):
    -looks really good if you read it.
    -I, and many others, consider it the worst warrior skill in the game.
    -Its strongest feature is a buff in the party's movement speed and dodge (the dodge buff is minimal in practice).

Horn of Renewal (HoR):
    -The healing skill. you obviously need it, so max this skill for PvE.

---

I personally use a 5 skill spec for PvE. This may be attractive to you once you start running elite. The skills I use are: HoR, VB, Jugg, WM, and SS. I switch out Jugg for SS at the boss fight to increase damage since mobs are the stronger parts of most maps. If you still die at the boss, keep Jugg mapped. The reason I use WM as my only attack skill is that VB has a very high damage buff which aids in keeping aggro (damage is a factor with keeping aggro in AL) and it buffs HoR.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aith View Post
    Thanks flluby2, iv always had a mind set on playing tank or healer, which would be a cool new class AL could introduce a healer + aura or buff /debuff. So anyways back on topic.

A lot of you guys/gals keeping saying get ss it's a stun and does nice dmg, but when I read ss and the point you put in for the "stun" it reads that it's only 25% to trigger that stun.....I. Guess a chance of this trigger is better then no 4th skill at all.

I was reading on axe throw u can put sub points into a pull a tweet and chance to stuff , do these work on bosses!?

Chest splitter also stops targets "windups" which I understand to be a channel skill, does this also work on bosses?

Sorry for the spin off on main topic, thank you all for the tips they really help.
    Many bosses are immune to the stronger abilities. You can pull some, but not all bosses with axe just as you can block the wind up phase of some, but not all, bosses with CS.

CS is a strong skill in elite due to its taunt, low cool down, and feeble effect (those affected cannot crit temporarily).

Axe is generally unused do to its high number of points required to become powerful, and its down side of only being useful at the boss. Bosses are generally very weak in AL when compared to other games.

PS: I gree, AL need a paladin and/or healer class.
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 03-10-2014 at 07:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

bro just make a skill strategy

Sent from my Lenovo P770 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

based on your build I think you have too much aggro skills for your level. Your only dmging skill is ww. Soo I think you should drop the aggro on hor for now til later lvl or perhaps jugg and use ss instead. Then at later lvl you can incoporate aggro back into your build. Perhaps you are aggroing too many mobs for you to handle with hor or jugg and that is why you are dying. When using hor try to use it only when you are team members need heal or when a mob/boss is doing an attack with redzone. This way hor will protect you and party members from strong attacks with the 2 sec invunerability.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Like your build crowsfoot, iv been using ss for the last few days, where it has a decent cd and good dmg, I'll try more of your spec but swap out the ss for chest splitter for the low cd,taunt, and feeble.

Veluthe as well as others, I under stand I will now have 4 taunt abilitys but that is my roll being a tank and nothing more (meat shield). this thread was to learn how to better survive while keeping Argo. Since. I started the post many people helped mold my new spec and stats. I'm now happier with my warrior as I don't die any more...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aith View Post
    Like your build crowsfoot, iv been using ss for the last few days, where it has a decent cd and good dmg, I'll try more of your spec but swap out the ss for chest splitter for the low cd,taunt, and feeble.
    Do 3/5 CS if you go this route. The push back and explode upgrades are a waste of points.

In case I didn't mention, these are the identifiable factors in holding aggro in AL:

-taunting skills (duh)
    -damage (this is different then many games)
    -how close mobs are to you
    -how long you have held there attention

If another character grabs the attention of a mob you had been keeping the attention of, you can usually regain the aggro by moving closer to that mob and attacking it. Obviously holding all mobs is impossible in AL.

Remember damage is a factor. I discovered this when a friend, using my spec was running with me and I held repeatably all the aggro. We assumed I was more used to my spec and continued on. However, while PvP speced I was still holding a significant amount of the aggro even though none of my skills had a taunt upgrade (again, running with the same friend who was using my PvE spec). I then realized he had been using SS instead of VB while killing mobs.

The heightened damage from VB allows me to steal aggro. Obviously you sacrifice stun/feeble/ another attack to do this but if you can, I would. HoR's heal is also based off damage, therefore using VB right before is a nice combo.

I will say, that I have met players who couldn't stay alive without CS. If you can survive without the feeble I would get SS instead. The dash of SS makes staying within the bosses mele range easier, which maintains aggro. The stun and low CD is also a plus. However, your spec is one I have used, and enjoyed, in the past.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I hate jugg for pve. Imo this is a pvp skill.

PvE warrior venge / horn / smash / chest splitter and at 31 when you head to nordr, add axe to swap with smash for bosses. This is a great aggro setup and will keep your team alive.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I hate jugg for pve. Imo this is a pvp skill
    I would have 100% agreed at the level31 cap. Two sets of two words changed my mind: elite shuyal, stun lock.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    I would have 100% agreed at the level31 cap. Two sets of two words changed my mind: elite shuyal, stun lock.
    Yeah. Unfortunately what works in the past level cap might not necessarily works that well anymore later.
    -rethgifllub-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dont upgrade fully heal. You see read the 3rd one.