Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahh its a Recession!! and not just in real life!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ahh its a Recession!! and not just in real life!!

there is probably already another post about this but i think its worse now than ever.. everybody who knows anything about our auction market knows item prices have been crashing, but i cant help but feel that there could be a way to fix it.. or atleast delay the market from crashing.. I find myself hording gear that ive looted because I dont feel like undercutting someone by 5k, just to be undercut 5 mins later by 15k, therefor crashing the price of yet another good rare!!!.. (or so i feel thats the effect)

Over the last week I've been kind of playing with a couple different items, one being the Scimitar of Rift.. I had a few stacked up and was waiting until they went back up to sell them (hoping they went back up)... well just day before yesterday i saw about 10 or 11 of them, 5 of them being between 135k-160k... I watched all night and all of them got bought up or expired.. there was only 2 of them left on the market at around 7am my time. One for 200k, and one for 225k i believe??... so i figured what the hell, I posted one for 175k, it sold in about 10 mins.. so i put another one up for 180k.. sold in about an hour (being the cheapest on the market at the time since everybody was either sleeping or doing whatever they do)... Im not sure wether i just landed 2 eager people or wether the buyers were just not educated to the flow of things, either way it felt like progress

I have also played with other items trying to do the same... that didnt work so well... one example the OL Rift Helm

anyways besides all the non sense numbers, does anyone believe there is anything we can do to preserve the market (or atleast delay) it from crashing?? or is it just a fail until the new dungeons are released?? any advice or comments invited

50 Bird Oldgveteran / 50 Pally Oldg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

find what it is exactly that is causing crash, and offer alternative. you are asking for the answer, when what you need is the question (reference!!!)
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

You could always decide to become a communist and randomly give stuff and gold away!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    You could always decide to become a communist and randomly give stuff and gold away!
    I support this!
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    dude, i only take it hard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Um, the boss nerf caused all this. But I mentioned it to Cinco and he seemed to think it was perfectly acceptable for a void wing to go from 350k to 75k in a week. So not really sure what we can do about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Pinks for the people

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Guys read my post here and tell me what you think.

Heres what i think. Every lvl 50 needs 3-8 pieces of lvl 50 rares, so as long as all the lvl 50s get about that many rares in drops, the economy could be stable. But now many of the pros loot about 2-4 rares everyday, and it will stack up day by day and bias (im not sure if it is the right word to use) the average rare drops per lvl 50 to 10+, thus making many of them uneeded and sold for cheaper. This is just a theory and the real case differs a lot from this.

And dont forget where all the gold come from. Most level 50s expect to get gold from rare drops, but in fact all the money in the game come from gold and junk drop from mobs. Nowdays people are all farming victory lap and captive audience, getting about -1000 to 3000 gold every run. A player base with less gold will pay less for items, and a player base with more money will pay more for items.
    !!So if we increased the gold drop from mobs in ao3 again, the prices will go up!!! (another one thats only theory)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Yeah but if everybody gets more gold and all prices go up then it all cancels out doesn't it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So in that context there is no problem now. I think that the prices now are ok, Cosmos is ****, 300k is already too expensive. Void and rift are about as good as each other, so they are as expensive as each other. But dont you see one problem? I want to see more gold in my bag! Every day i wake up, i want to see millions and millions of gold in my inventory, but instead i see a ****ty 1.7 mil. We need item prices to go up again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

The only things worth money now, really, are the armors.
    Honestly, I haven't been farming ao3 much anymore bc I don't find it nearly as exciting since the nerf, and when you do get a cosmos/rift/void item, the excitement lasts about 5 minutes until you realize it's worth about as much gold as you could farm in a low-lvl dungeon in a few hrs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

I guess that more and more player can get those items now so they are less rare. If they would open up higher lvls and new dungeons with new items these items would be worth a lot until the time where lots of players are selling them off...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

The problem is instant gratification and lack of a system to dispose of excess pinks.

SOLUTION 1:
    Make it so you may not see how many items are on the market and their prices. Before you get on ranting that this is like runescape grand exchange hear me out. Remove price ceilings and price floors, allow average prices to set with no dev control. Remove 24 hour limits and total item buy/sell limits *example: You may only buy or sell 100 items a hour*.

Tada! You have the perfect market system! This works because item prices wont be dropped by lowballers and also a price may set itself so there is no guessing of what to sell at. (When you purchase/sell a item you submit an offer that stands until completed, rent time ends, or it gets taken off by you).

SOLUTION 2: Make some sort of system that allows disposal of valueable pinks in a effective way (Stat boosting gears, forging, ect).

SOLUTION 3: Lower price of rent on Consignment shop, part of the reason items are always listed lowest is because they just waste time and gold when they list higher and nobody buys because someone else lists.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Totally have to agree with Pharcyde and LesRyder on this. I know myself I like to sell at a lower rate just to get the quick sale. Now imagine several folks doing the same. It drops the price rather quick and the higher items end up being cancelled to sell at a lower rate. Sort if a viscious circle.
    Last edited by Rusalio; 12-06-2010 at 06:12 PM.
    Rusalio~Lvl 75 Tank|Dexalio~Lvl 75 Archer|MaGalio~Lvl 76 Mage|[COLOR="red"]| plus 100 more...Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i agree more and more inventory is obviously stacking up, but it seems that with the people leveling new 50's, plus the upcoming virgin 50's, as well as respecs, there should be a way to not settle for selling certain items so cheap... i know thats an idealistic thought, but it seems to me that alot of the problem is just a war on who wants to get their money first, and they dont care if they take a 30k cut because they're broke or need their new items... (and they can buy their new items cheaper so why wait around for 30k?) sadly I can understand why the void wing and void talon are so cheap.. they nerfed it so damn hard it should be part of the fate gear now.. but even void armor dropped from 700k to 500k overnight.. The hardest decision for me i guess is wether to hang onto my rares and hord them until the right moment, or wether to sell them now before we hit the ever so possible dark ages lol...

50 Bird Oldgveteran / 50 Pally Oldg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    The problem is instant gratification and lack of a system to dispose of excess pinks.

SOLUTION 1:
    Make it so you may not see how many items are on the market and their prices. Before you get on ranting that this is like runescape grand exchange hear me out. Remove price ceilings and price floors, allow average prices to set with no dev control. Remove 24 hour limits and total item buy/sell limits *example: You may only buy or sell 100 items a hour*.

Tada! You have the perfect market system! This works because item prices wont be dropped by lowballers and also a price may set itself so there is no guessing of what to sell at. (When you purchase/sell a item you submit an offer that stands until completed, rent time ends, or it gets taken off by you).

SOLUTION 2: Make some sort of system that allows disposal of valueable pinks in a effective way (Stat boosting gears, forging, ect).

SOLUTION 3: Lower price of rent on Consignment shop, part of the reason items are always listed lowest is because they just waste time and gold when they list higher and nobody buys because someone else lists.

Good response, I dont agree 100% but I do believe that their should be some sort of bidding system instead of a flat "buy it now".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Honestly. Given the evolution of change and how the games continues to change with each new level introduction, why hang onto rares? In the end its about having the cash to do what ever you want. I have several stashes of 240, however have given the regulars away and have sold the rares WHILE the process are higher. I loved to stash but have got to the point managing it is more pain than its worth.... of course if you like hanging around town and selling. Personally I like to play. Anyone want to give my a vynnxar helm? I need two, one for myself and another for a friend!!!! Right Les? LOL
    Rusalio~Lvl 75 Tank|Dexalio~Lvl 75 Archer|MaGalio~Lvl 76 Mage|[COLOR="red"]| plus 100 more...Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I usually sell what I don't need right away, so I don't get stuck with less money from it (that's happened a few rimes when I held onto something for a day or two instead of selling on the spot).

I agree with Pharcyde, the listing fees probably play part in it. I, personally, would rather put w slightly lower price and sell it, than have to keep losing my listing fees. I'm sure many others feel the same, except for the multibillionaires who have money to burn. Those are usually the only ones putting higher-than-average prices on items.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rusalio View Post
    Honestly. Given the evolution of change and how the games continues to change with each new level introduction, why hang onto rares? In the end its about having the cash to do what ever you want. I have several stashes of 240, however have given the regulars away and have sold the rares WHILE the process are higher. I loved to stash but have got to the point managing it is more pain than its worth.... of course if you like hanging around town and selling. Personally I like to play. Anyone want to give my a vynnxar helm? I need two, one for myself and another for a friend!!!! Right Les? LOL
    evolution of money plays into evolution of change. Next dungeon(s) are likely to have higher cash farms and items worth more (So I think we will see some much higher prices then ever seen on pocket legends before). So with a always evolving game it is good to have more than enough money to dominate the new changes. Think about it this way too, Devs have planned up to level 99, were only on lvl 50. The fact that lvl 50 gear is still packin as much as they are is a good indicator that at level 99 the gears will most likely be extremely costly and hard to get. So stashing as much money as possible right now is the best solution. (Kids are already packin 9.99 million or more, so I think a level 95 rare gear is gonna cost like 15 mil. But hey... who knows 15 mil might be the new 1.5mil).

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It seems to me the goal is to get the sellers good money, and everyone good gear. To accomplish this prices will fall, drop rates increase, demand greatly increases, and the capability of the average player to be able to acquire/buy greatly increases. Many complaints would (in my mind) be alleviated if the money rate was increased to 75% of prenerf. However I have but a small knowledge of real economics(not Keynes economics...) and the idea is very open to criticism.
    gaabob - lv50 pally/mage; gaabobtwo - lv50 dual bird; gaabobthree - lv50 intbear/strbear; gaabobfour - lv50 dextress; gaabobfive - lv50 bowbear; gaabobtwink - lv20 intbear twink; deathsparkles - lv20 bird twink; a mule; and a lv47 ao2 farmer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is what happens when I don't inject 5m a day into the economy
    /Vyvin