Thread: Battle Dragons New Leaderboard

Thanks

Angry Battle Dragons New Leaderboard

Hi all,

I am writing this so that the complaining will stop! Deal with it First place and second place on all the competitions belong to Theo and Elax. I dont blame them for exploiting the system they have earned it by being the first two guys on trophies, I do blame them for spoiling the game to all the rest of the players, killing competition for the first and the second place (I bet if u tried it fair u would not manage even half of it without pearling ur way out or staying 24/7 playing).

So here is the new leader board for every two weeks

1st place - Reserved to Theo/Elax
    2nd place - Reserverd to Theo/Elax

So the above dont count anymore as per my opinion.
    And the real leader board

1st place - 800 pearls -> still under discussion since there is not only theo and elax doing this, others are trying but more difficult if ur not 1st and 2nd in trophies.
    2nd place - 700 pearls
    3rd place - 600 pearls
    4th place - 500 perls
    5th place - 400 pearls
    6th place - 300 pearls
    7th place - 200 pearls
    8th place - 100 pearls

This applies to Gold Stolen/Sheep Stolen mostly, but it impacts other areas as well since stuff is interconnected.

I have been playing this game long enough, I know there is no perfect bug free environment that exists, at least consider putting a workaround on player selection algorithm or ban your two best players, ur not earning anything from them anymore anyway, while we farmers are farming gold these two are farming ur pearls... now either theo and elax are STS themselfs or STS are a bunch of developers who have no ****ing clue about business.

These are my five cents on the matter, please no hard feelings, personaly I dont aim those positions and I dont care about those pearls but I want to see some stuff regulated at least for the next version.

Cheers
    Darsej

Forum Adept
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darsej Rizaj View Post
    (I bet if u tried it fair u would not manage even half of it without pearling ur way out or staying 24/7 playing).
    Getting second place in attack first season is how i learned that this competition is not fair for high trophies, first competition and got beaten by a farmer, I was top 4 at that time and DH8, that is how I got easier pvps but not as easy as zero trophy players.

Name:  Screenshot_2013-12-16-00-59-36.png
Views: 159
Size:  251.5 KB

So here is the new leader board for every two weeks

1st place - Reserved to Theo/Elax
    2nd place - Reserverd to Theo/Elax
    First, it is not "automatically", we work hard for that, we take our risks, we get looted by others, I just wonder why others dont try? because it requires a lot of coordination and hard work too. So in a way we earn it. Defenses is different, that is so simple

So the above dont count anymore as per my opinion.
    And the real leader board
    We encourage our players in our tribe if they can beat the other players in other tribes we will let them take first place, even in defenses we have waited for many of our tribe members to win with us. This is our strategy to build a strong tribe and defeat other enemy tribes. If you are not happy is because you are NAGAS probably.

I have been playing this game long enough, I know there is no perfect bug free environment that exists, at least consider putting a workaround on player selection algorithm or ban your two best players, ur not earning anything from them anymore anyway, while we farmers are farming gold these two are farming ur pearls... now either theo and elax are STS themselfs or STS are a bunch of developers who have no ****ing clue about business.

These are my five cents on the matter, please no hard feelings, personaly I dont aim those positions and I dont care about those pearls but I want to see some stuff regulated at least for the next version.
    I have tried the same, I had place my contributions in a long and detailed thread here without any successful reply from STS:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/entr...tions-reviewed

but this summarize my thinking of why we do win all categories and why I complained about the current system:

Quote Originally Posted by ealax View Post
    because it is not fair that I cant see the same easy pvps like farmers, and it is not fair for them that I can meet theo on pvp all the time. I rather have a game where everyone has a chance to win if they work hard, not if they drop trophies.

Thanks

Ealax,

No matter how you try to rationalize or justify it, you guys are cheating. Just because it's "hard work" doesn't mean it's not flat out exploiting the game and cheating.

It doesn't effect me much cause I'm not active enough to even be top 100 on any leaderboard but it's still ridiculous to see this rampant cheating and the devs do nothing about it. I would ban your whole tribe.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dzrec View Post
    Ealax,

No matter how you try to rationalize or justify it, you guys are cheating. Just because it's "hard work" doesn't mean it's not flat out exploiting the game and cheating.

It doesn't effect me much cause I'm not active enough to even be top 100 on any leaderboard but it's still ridiculous to see this rampant cheating and the devs do nothing about it. I would ban your whole tribe.

take your time read my post.

Cheating is abusing of a bug, like clicking 3 times in an object and getting infinit gold, we are just playing the game it is meant to be. Or the bad way the pvp system is currently designed.

Any other player use or abuse of this in different ways, giving guardians, playing defenses (we are not the only ones, but we are the faster ones). Even Pagean and Nagas played nice to each other last season, and Nagas placed all sheep corrals out for pagean to win last season sheep. This is the game we have and that is the way we play it ... Until they change it.

STS does not ban any player for dropping trophies, they dont ban any player for giving guardian to each other, they dont ban players for playing the game they design, that is!

If they do care, at least they should implement something to help us make this competition more fair, not just to prevent high trophy players (because any other high trophy player can do it) to compete against farmers advantage.

Thanks

Call it cheating or not, it's still exploiting the game. I would equate it to people trading headshots in games like Call if Duty. Maybe it's not 100% cheating but it's still a cheap, shady way to play.

I know you're not the only ones doing it and most of the top tribes are guilty as well. You can say that low trophy farmers have the advantage, but there's a penalty for them, they have no trophies.

STS could easily fix this by limiting how many times you can attack a certain player within a certain time frame. If you could only attack a specific player once a week this problem would be solved.

I agree that the PvP matching needs some major tweaking overall but still think you should play the game with some kind of integrity.

Using Tapatalk

Thanks

If they do care, at least they should implement something to help us make this competition more fair, not just to prevent high trophy players (because any other high trophy player can do it) to compete against farmers advantage.
    They can reset the trophies after each contest so that everyone starts even. They can have everyone vote with an in-game poll to see if most people support resetting the trophies.

Forum Adept
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by csb View Post
    They can reset the trophies after each contest so that everyone starts even. They can have everyone vote with an in-game poll to see if most people support resetting the trophies.
    seems very unlikely, but anyway they own the game and they probably don't want to destroy every player effort during this year. Ups forgot that farmers only put effort on going down. So maybe they should reset also all players to DH2 and start over the game

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ealax For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dzrec View Post
    Call it cheating or not, it's still exploiting the game. I would equate it to people trading headshots in games like Call if Duty. Maybe it's not 100% cheating but it's still a cheap, shady way to play.

I know you're not the only ones doing it and most of the top tribes are guilty as well. You can say that low trophy farmers have the advantage, but there's a penalty for them, they have no trophies.

STS could easily fix this by limiting how many times you can attack a certain player within a certain time frame. If you could only attack a specific player once a week this problem would be solved.

I agree that the PvP matching needs some major tweaking overall but still think you should play the game with some kind of integrity.

If they only change the frequency of meeting a player then, the tournament will be only for pearl buyers like Pagean and farmers, there wont be any motivation at all to go up in trophies. So if they do one fix they should also discourage players to lose on purpose to take advantage of players that have abandon their fortress and are full of resources without good defenses (isn't it taking advantage of a bad design game?)

Thanks

If they only change the frequency of meeting a player then, the tournament will be only for pearl buyers like Pagean and farmers, there wont be any motivation at all to go up in trophies.
    There isn't any motivation to go up in trophies now with the current system. Imagine if a new player starts today. After playing a little and looking at the leader boards, he will conclude that catching up the the top is impossible. How do you give hope to new players when the top is mathematically impossible?

This is the problem that STS has to face. There are a few loyal players that will play 24/7 and want to be on the top forever. But, it is much more profitable to give hope to thousands of new players.

Forum Adept
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

There isn't any motivation to go up in trophies now with the current system. Imagine if a new player starts today. After playing a little and looking at the leader boards, he will conclude that catching up the the top is impossible. How do you give hope to new players when the top is mathematically impossible?

This is the problem that STS has to face. There are a few loyal players that will play 24/7 and want to be on the top forever. But, it is much more profitable to give hope to thousands of new players.
    i got to the top because first god quit, then nevermind quit, Iky quit and finally Nate quit. One day I will be doing or playing something else. This effort is not coming for free. Many hours playing so if someone wants to be here, they need to do bigger effort that we had done. Not fair to just start over, if that happens what will be the motivation to be on top if you will be again any day at zero level?

Thanks

i got to the top because first god quit, then nevermind quit, Iky quit and finally Nate quit. One day I will be doing or playing something else. This effort is not coming for free. Many hours playing so if someone wants to be here, they need to do bigger effort that we had done. Not fair to just start over, if that happens what will be the motivation to be on top if you will be again any day at zero level?
    Think about sports. Every season the teams start out from zero. They don't begin a new season and carry forward the score from last year. This gives every team new hope when the seasons starts.

But, your point is interesting. The BD high trophy score is like a video game high score a local arcade. The high score stays until there is a power outage. Then, the game starts over with all zeroes in the top 10 list. This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George tries to preserve his high score in Frogger (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Frogger).

Forum Adept
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Think about sports. Every season the teams start out from zero. They don't begin a new season and carry forward the score from last year. This gives every team new hope when the seasons starts.

But, your point is interesting. The BD high trophy score is like a video game high score a local arcade. The high score stays until there is a power outage. Then, the game starts over with all zeroes in the top 10 list. This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George tries to preserve his high score in Frogger (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Frogger).
    Lets say every season a team loses all TROPHIES they had hard earn all past seasons? does that happens on sports? NO .. NEVER!

EDIT: Forgot to say that some teams had never win trophies (zero level) what happens next season? they ask for a reset of trophies? NO .. NEVER

Thanks

Ealax if he had half as many trophies as u do this wouldn't even be discussed

Thanks

Basically you guys should understand that bd was all about trophy when it first started. Only a few months ago these new leaderboards started, without this you guys wouldn't be wining about the leaderboard. If you guys dont want ealax and theo in every leaderboard, then why not ask sts about removing the new leaderboards

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 4