Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: !must read!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    Hmm. I still don't get it. It seems to me that this accounting system is full-proof. It's merely the exchanging of assets on both sides, and the gaining of liability on both sides. Granted, the liabilities are not "programmed" into the game but due to the fact that the initial trade is voluntary, and that the assets and liability are all of equal value, I see no harm. Any scamming or other such issues which might arise could only cause as much harm as they would without this system. Like I said, I see nothing wrong with this idea. Am I missing something?
    I think what could go wrong isn't with the trade they both agree on, but with the "gentleman's agreement" about what happens after that trade, and who should have to sort through disagreements.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
    The idea sounds OK. I just have one question, to see how it will work in practice. Let's say I give you a demonic x-bow. How much would you give me for it and how much time do I have to pay back my loan?
    Well I would base my amount over what cs is inflation deflation and merch price and loan it to u but I would also take a bit off so I still make a small amount of money for people who don't come back the loan time would be a week coz I don't want loans going on forever just fast cash solutions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    I think what could go wrong isn't with the trade they both agree on, but with the "gentleman's agreement" about what happens after that trade, and who should have to sort through disagreements.
    Right, I'm with you bro. But my thought is that there are only two ultimate possibilities. One is that the guy who borrowed the money doesn't repay it. In which case the op is off the hook because he has the item. The other possibility is that the op doesn't give the item back. In which case, the guy who borrowed money will lose a small profit. Seeing as he agreed on the amount from the start, he knowingly took the risk, and he'd only lose a small amount of gold, it doesn't seem too huge to me (not to mention the op would his reputation fast if he wasn't giving items back).

I think there could definitely be some foul play where for example the guy who loans money starts saying he gave a more expensive item or perhaps the op claims that he loaned more money than he did and so demands more back. However, at the end of the day the two above possibilities are the only outcomes (aside from both characters agreeing to return assets normally.)

Another issue I thought of could be where one item gains value in the small amount of time during the loan. The op might perhaps decide selling the item is in his best interest now that the price goes up (say 100k). However, once again, both parties entered upon an agreement. The guy borrowing the money took the risk and is therefore somewhat responsible for his own loss. Also, again, the op would lose his reputation fast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xpowerlevalx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
    The idea sounds OK. I just have one question, to see how it will work in practice. Let's say I give you a demonic x-bow. How much would you give me for it and how much time do I have to pay back my loan?
    Well I would base my amount over what cs is inflation deflation and merch price and loan it to u but I would also take a bit off so I still make a small amount of money for people who don't come back the loan time would be a week coz I don't want loans going on forever just fast cash solutions
    I see. So your idea is similar to normal 'merching'. You essentially buy an item at a merching price but give the seller the option to buy it back within a very short period of time (a week).

If this period passes, you can then sell the item for profit. I think that this will be most often the case, since one week is a very short period of time.

Your risk when running this operation is minimal: you already have a good deal in your hands, as you obtain an item at a merching price; also, the short time period given means that it is unlikely that you will lose any money as a result of price fluctuations.

On the other hand, the debtor risks twice: first of all, it is likely that they will not be able to pay back within a week, which means that if they sold the item at a normal price they would get a better deal; secondly, they have no guarantee that they will get their item back.

Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt that you are an honourable and trustworthy person, but others might abuse the system: they might just take the items and sell them, then disappear. Officially all transactions are considered final, so even if there are screenshots with the terms of the agreement between lender/debtor, the items will not be given back.
    When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled / Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about and gallantly he chickened out / Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brave Sir Robin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Glad to see someone finally got what's proposed here. The item has been sold in the usual manner except the buyer has prearranged with the seller that he'll sell it back for a certain price up until a certain date.

The worst that can happen to the seller is that the buyer refuses to honor the agreed-upon price, in which case he's out of luck.

The worst that can happen to the buyer is that the item immediately drops in value and he takes a loss on it (because seller can just ignore the prearranged deal and buy the now-cheaper item elsewhere). But this is no different from the risk a buyer assumes in any transaction.

Both sides assume a reasonable risk, although I guess the risk on the seller's side is more likely to happen. But in that case the seller just needs to assume he'll never get the item back and not do the deal unless he's ok with that outcome. It's similar to the maxim of never gambling with money you can't afford to lose. And a buyer who routinely dishonors his deals will find that nobody will do business with him anymore, since repeat business is a huge part of any pawn system.

There's no scam here, just another way to buy and sell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionstrike View Post
    Glad to see someone finally got what's proposed here. The item has been sold in the usual manner except the buyer has prearranged with the seller that he'll sell it back for a certain price up until a certain date.

The worst that can happen to the seller is that the buyer refuses to honor the agreed-upon price, in which case he's out of luck.

The worst that can happen to the buyer is that the item immediately drops in value and he takes a loss on it (because seller can just ignore the prearranged deal and buy the now-cheaper item elsewhere). But this is no different from the risk a buyer assumes in any transaction.

Both sides assume a reasonable risk, although I guess the risk on the seller's side is more likely to happen. But in that case the seller just needs to assume he'll never get the item back and not do the deal unless he's ok with that outcome. It's similar to the maxim of never gambling with money you can't afford to lose. And a buyer who routinely dishonors his deals will find that nobody will do business with him anymore, since repeat business is a huge part of any pawn system.

Very well summarized.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The thing is I will not scam the item at all and yes my price will be based around several things and my solution is fast cash for u and also me u can make a lot of money farming or even farming ao2 plasma I was making a 100k a hour there so It wouldn't be that hard I'm not making a business to scam in making it to set up a new system and be the first to go for it I won't be using my main acc for this system as it runs a huge risk of so many people claiming scams even tho I HAVNT scammed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

This is what i was thinking of!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ok guys I want a vote should I or shouldn't I go ahead with this I'm happy to get it all working but need to know do u guys think it's worth it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

i would say no

reason: possibility of scams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

No. Plain and simple

Trulyhappy Officer of TCG
    It's not always rainbows and butterflies
    It's compromise that moves us along.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Usually I would be for an idea like this because I believe innovation is a great way to solve problems and create new opportunities and make people rich like they wouldn't have been before but then I thought will people really understand how it works and even if you're honest wit them with they still think you took advantage of them just because they didn't understand the deal and that made me think whoa maybe this isn't such a good idea after all and then I realized I haven't used a single bit of punctuation in this whole post and it made me really tired so I just stopped to take a nap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

Lol^^