Thread: Level Cap for Low Levels in High Level Dungeons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Level Cap for Low Levels in High Level Dungeons

Are there any?

Stumbled upon a player trying to leech xp with a group of LvL 40's in AO2. Would rather sound unfair for others if there was none. It would also be rude to ask the player to leave. The player was really far from the group and was trying to avoid any contact with the mobs. Surely, a level 6 mage doesn't stand a change against a single AO2 mummy.
    Luchta LvL 65 Archer • Phone: HTC Nexus One w/ Stock Gingerbread
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There are possibly a few dungeons with level limits, I can only think of one though (Mini-Dungeon level in swamps requires level 35).
    I don't think they should throw up a requirement for levels, but rather a way for hosts to create a game with their own chosen limits. Some people are leveling their alt's with a friend's help, in which case they could leave the limit low so that their friend can still join in. But if a group of higher levels didn't want low levels leeching they could have it set to where anybody between Level XX and Level XX can join in.
    The main reason I don't agree with putting a limit though is that the people accessing the maps at a low level still had to purchase them. Limiting gears level is one thing, but limiting an area which someone spent their hard earned money on is a bit much in my opinion.
    But if it is a true leech, the least that can be done is when they join in ask the main people in the group (the higher levels) if it's alright for them to stay, offer to give them the pinks/purples they gain or anything of the sort. I've been guilty of leeching though I did offer to pay (it was half a level at 19, wanted my level 20 staff and was tired of grinding my level areas =P), and I was told that it was fine for me to stay and I was thanked for asking to stay instead of just tagging along like most do. Only level 32 almost 33 now, but I can hold my own in Oasis 1 and most of 2, starting to see the leeching though. One specifically ticked me off last night where he came in and revived me right after I died, I was typing thank you immediately after finishing the mobs, then he has the nerve of telling me "Yw btw, ungrateful." Gimme a chance to type -.- And how about a request to leech n a thank you if I agree? Jackass.
    Sorry excuse the ranting =P
    But yeah summed up, should be an option for hosts to manually put in level limits, but not full on requirements by the system itself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i think the lv differ should be maybe 10lvs than suggested as many people make twinks which r supposed to be fast to make ie 1-2 hours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One time I pulled a djinn back to where a leech was standing. Didn't know if it was going to work, but he died. I did not revive him.

Generally, though, when I host lower level dungeons, I don't mind lower levels joining. I just tell them, "You play, you stay." They don't have to do much damage, but they should at least make a pretense of working for their xp points. Otherwise, after a warning, I boot. Not so much for my sake but for the other lower levels working their butts off.

As for level caps, I pretty much agree with crazycrc. It should be up to the host's discretion, not another hard and fast rule that doesn't have as much flexibility.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrononh View Post
    "You play, you stay." They don't have to do much damage, but they should at least make a pretense of working for their xp points. Otherwise, after a warning, I boot. Not so much for my sake but for the other lower levels working their butts off.
    I couldn't agree more. I will even go out of my way to keep a hard working lower level alive sometimes if they are really working hard (being a bear I will stomp and taunt anything going after them. lol)

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

My recent leeching experiments have shown that levels play a lot less importance in this game till 50 (where equipment jumps). As a level 26 mage using a level 19 staff and level 12 armor I was tearing through AO1. At level 30, it became insane, as I was out damaging 45's in AO2. Then again, your garden variety leech does just sit back from the group and idles. Whenever I see them, if they are not booted, I boot myself.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    My recent leeching experiments have shown that levels play a lot less importance in this game till 50 (where equipment jumps). As a level 26 mage using a level 19 staff and level 12 armor I was tearing through AO1. At level 30, it became insane, as I was out damaging 45's in AO2. Then again, your garden variety leech does just sit back from the group and idles. Whenever I see them, if they are not booted, I boot myself.
    Hey if they are just standing around and "leeching" for the XP and not even trying I won't boot them. I will go stand right next to them and "pull" every enemy in sight tough. At least make 'em run for the XP!

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Hey if they are just standing around and "leeching" for the XP and not even trying I won't boot them. I will go stand right next to them and "pull" every enemy in sight tough. At least make 'em run for the XP!
    Depends on how smart a leech they are. If they just sit there and do nothing, it won't work. But if they panic and attack, well that's when the fun begins.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hold on a minute. I might be missing something. I've been used to playing MMO's in the past where in a party, XP points have certain formulas. Is it the same on PL where as in other MMO say, if a mob gives 10 XP points killed solo, it gives less when in a party?
    Luchta LvL 65 Archer • Phone: HTC Nexus One w/ Stock Gingerbread
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

The reason they do not put Min/Max levels for Dungeons is because people bought the map pack so they should be able to play it regardless their lvl.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jlacosta View Post
    Hold on a minute. I might be missing something. I've been used to playing MMO's in the past where in a party, XP points have certain formulas. Is it the same on PL where as in other MMO say, if a mob gives 10 XP points killed solo, it gives less when in a party?
    Nope, same xp no matter how many people are in the party. Only thing that gets split is gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It will be solved when more host options will be availables, I think we need more control not more limitations, so anyone could play the way he want, where he want, without bothering others or be bothered.
    /Erathic -Tank: L50 (almost full rift! :/)/ TheGrudge -Mage: L50 (finally full cosmos!)/BadFarmer - Archer: L30

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Aren't they fixing the whole password problem with 1.6?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think two changes would fix this. The game already does a check to only give xp if you are near the npc being killed. Why not also add code to only give xp to those that have used an aggressive skill or attacked an npc in the last 5 seconds. It doesn't have to be the npc being killed (so tanks can still gain xp when mages kill multiple npc's with AOE spells) but it forces the low levels to at least participate. The second change is to add npc's that always spawn (and don't count toward the dungeon's total) near where players spawn. Then the players that don't want the low levels with them, can pull the npc's on them. When the low levels die, they have to get past the npc's at the beginning before they rejoin the high levels.