Thread: Can we have more skills?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Can we have more skills?

I know this is a phone based game(and from what I hear about it going to PC, I hope it stays a pocket game), but still, can we get some more skills?

Right not their are 12 skills with a max of 5 = 60 total points spent. We get 49 skill points. out of 12 skills, most classes have a skill or 2 thats pretty useless so that being said, almost every person has the same build because of lack of options. 1 or 2 new skills wont fix this.

I know it would be some work, but maybe create a new "tab" on the skill page. Have a "General Skills" tab and this tab is the same for all characters(this makes the programming easier as you only have to create 1 new set of skills instead of 1 for each class). Have the skill just be general increases... like dex,str or int increase +10 per level, +2 damage per level, +10 to all heal effects on you per level, -0.1 attack speed per level, +5% buff/debuff duration per level, +2 armor per level, +2 crit per level, +2 dodge per level, +2 MR/S per level, +2 HP/S per level... etc

I could go on for days for passive buffs that would be useful. this will not make people too powerful because they have to take away from their specialized tree to get this skills so they cant just pick all of them up without losing effectiveness in other areas.

This allows classes to be specialized. It also allows one bird to be totall different than the next bird, or 1 bear to be different from the next. Adding skills that classes can pick up that will allow them to be different from eachother and actually gives us the ability to have "skill building" skills. In other words how you spec your character is a actual skill so me and you may have the same armor and same class, but I may be way better at DPS for PVE but you may whip me in PVP because you chose more defensive abilities to keep you alive.

Anyways, it will also solve the problem that you obviously have with "when you come out with the new expansion, and increase level, we get EVEN MORE skill points and only 2 1/5 skills left to put them into.

Thoughts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

It would be nice if you had to choose from lets say 20 skills but would be limited in how many you can actually pick (let's say 10). Would create large differences between builds in the same class...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good luck with this thread. I started one similar to this just a few days ago and it got 6 responses and died. Everyone is saying they want new skills but don't want to talk about it I guess.
    LDIABLO LVL 50 bear
    EMEREDELLA LVL 49 enchantress
    FLIGHTWORTHY LVL 46 archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

They NEED new skills so bad!!!!!! Just my opinion xD they really do
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by icantgetkills View Post
    They NEED new skills so bad!!!!!! Just my opinion xD they really do
    I dunno.. with people talking about this "multi-platform" you can play on your phone or your pc...thing.. I think 2 things:

a) this is a really bad idea to have multi-platform because then one method of playing becomes useless because its either going to be more efficient to play on the phone, or the PC. For instance PvP.. it may be easier to target with mouse than a finger etc... then you wont be able to PvP efficiently unless your on your PC which is unacceptable. People who aren't already playing aren't going to pay for a game like this on PC when so many other in-depth options are available. All the time and programming are going into making the PC client instead of making upgrades to the pocket version we have. What I fear will happen is it will get to the point where it just wont be worth it to log onto it with my phone and I dont have the time to sit down at home and grind out on my PC anymore, thus if the PC unbalances things I will likely not be playing. IMO the "PC games" thing has been done.. and redone..and redone..and virtually perfected... the phone games is the new thing.. its the hot thing.. if you have the best game on the market, youll make more money than not making upgrades to what you have and spending you time making a PC client that very few people will use other than the customers you already have that are playing it on their phones...

b) with their current plan to release on PC, the needs to be WAYYY more indepth. Their needs to be more strategies, better communication/guild system, DEFINATELY more skills.. right now I feel like what I just played(I hit 50 yesterday) was the tutorial... the game led me exactly where I needed to go next, in the end I have pretty much every skill, and theirs not point in really putting points into any stat except your 1 stat so its all "cookie cutter" like the first 10 levels of any other MMO where at that point everyone one is the same, then people start to branch their characters into being different from others of their class. So right now I feel like this was the end of the tutorial and now the "real" game needs to begin where I can start making some real decisions on how to shape my character, not have it shaped for me. However, from what I am seeing as far as posts goes, lots of time and effort are being put into converting the game to PC instead of making new content, skills, expansions for the existing game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Perhaps instead of new skills a new class would be in order.

How about a fighting leach? (attah to other players and suck up there earned XP/Gold/Heal effect) then the players have to go to a certain spot to get rid of you in a magic fountain and you are back to hunting for an unsuspecting victims.

Evil LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Perhaps instead of new skills a new class would be in order.

How about a fighting leach? (attah to other players and suck up there earned XP/Gold/Heal effect) then the players have to go to a certain spot to get rid of you in a magic fountain and you are back to hunting for an unsuspecting victims.

Evil LOL
    Yes they need to put a level minimum on these zones. Theirs no logical reason I should ever see a character under level 40 in AO3. It technically a level 45-50 zone, but your not going to be very effective for the difficulty of the zone until 40ish. ESPECIALLY at level 10 in a 45-50 zone.. that shouldnt even be allowed.

all in all we still need more options to choose from and PvP at level 50 needs to be relooked at. All damage should be cut by like 75% at level 50. As it is, from my couple of run ins with it today, its all about who gets their combo off first. I love pvp and have been doing it in many games since 97 in UO and what I saw today had nothing to do with play skill and it seemed each time like it was a 3 second fight.. I know I am not all decked out in the best of the best PvP gear, but, none the less, it shouldnt only take 2 seconds to kill someone.. theirs not even time to use skills in reaction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If they made it so you don't get XP from things 5 levels above your level you'd see less bleachers. Just a thought.
    Pocket Legends Warrior: Manbearzombie || Mage: Zombiemagik || Archer: Undeadeyes
    Star Legends Commando: Biggun || Operative: Deadeye || Engineer: Manbearzombie