Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any trick to Galactic overlord?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    guess what? first go around, in the good old days of when we where all 45 and had no rift or void or cosmos to aid us, we beat OL fair and square!! if we can do it, so can you.
    I remember beating him with my lv 40'ish friends. I was a lv45 wannabe tank at that time. I used 100's of health pots to stay alive, but... We killed him.

On a side note, did the same thing today with my lvl 55 tank. Used 0 health pots

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tamino View Post
    I did it solo with my 53 bird with health pot only, to help lower ppl to terminate the quest. My (47) bear did it also with a good L48 bird. Anyone with > 60 armor can survive spamming health pots.

But anyway, it was my impression, or "glitch" doesn't work anymore?
    I tried again yesterday, and I died many times until I resolved to go with Shield/Talon that took a lot of time but worked fine. It seems like the crit level of OL attacks is increased so if I got two crit in a row I was done (due to my ping of 250-350 I can restore health from a crit just before being hit again). Nobody checked this yesterday?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Did you not read my post? I solod with 52 bird and no elixirs, just need to watch your health.
    Duped - Lvl 65 Mage
    Conanursan - Lvl 65 Bear
    Isniped - Lvl 65 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JemNI View Post
    I was told never to use magic on him, so I just stood outside and tried to heal. If a couple archers stand by the doorway in range of rev and heal and the mage stands outside the room, I think it works. Now I know better and would try to hit him with debuffs and drain life, but I guess you can also blast the bejeesus out of him AFTER the barrels blow up.

I've seen him go down quite suddenly somehow and I always wondered how. If an archer takes down his armor and THEN blasts a barrel, does that do major damage to him?
    Yes it does damage to him, not sure how major the damage is, but it works like this. Archer or barrel takes down his shield it will say *ABSORBED* above his head, which knocks down his shield. So in other words it knocks out his shield, but causes him no damage until shield is down and gets hit by an attack or explosion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tamino View Post
    I tried again yesterday, and I died many times until I resolved to go with Shield/Talon that took a lot of time but worked fine. It seems like the crit level of OL attacks is increased so if I got two crit in a row I was done (due to my ping of 250-350 I can restore health from a crit just before being hit again). Nobody checked this yesterday?
    Nice sig but wouldn't it be better to have the actual picture?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Echoing others about the bird, although I've seen it done with bears. Yeah, as a mage, I've tended to stay outside the room, then mage and buff up if someone needs rev, go in, and rush out again. Not much else you're expected to do as everyone knows that OL one hits mages. The other day, though, I felt more useful because the bear was really good at keeping aggro so I could stand just inside, by the doorway and cast heals, buffs, debuffs and drain life (mind you, I'm a 55 mage with mm set and I think he did do the electric thing once or twice). Obviously, don't put on auto attack

I have no doubt the others could easily solo him, but at least there was SOME role to play

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Any of you amazing people fancy taking my bear along next time you head out to kill OL? Failing miserably at this quest lol

Add my bear if you are willing to help :-) name in sig :-)
    Leiver ~ Str/Dex Bear ~ Level 51
    ScoobySnak ~ Pure Int Mage ~ Level 45
    ProfessorPing ~ Pure Dex Bird ~ Level 30
    >>> I'm on the SRINGY list <<<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

u guys realize the date of thread is December 2010, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OverkillED View Post
    u guys realize the date of thread is December 2010, right?
    Why would that matter? OL hasn't changed has he?

Anyway, cancel my help request. Quest is done :-)
    Leiver ~ Str/Dex Bear ~ Level 51
    ScoobySnak ~ Pure Int Mage ~ Level 45
    ProfessorPing ~ Pure Dex Bird ~ Level 30
    >>> I'm on the SRINGY list <<<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Yey! I soloed OL with my 46 bird on the first try.

I needed to do the "This Ends Now!" level to unlock "The Victory Lap". I was hoping to join a group, but nobody was doing that level, so i hosted my own. People would come in for a few seconds and leave. Finally, a mage came and killed 3 aliens with me, and then left. Hmm... do i smell bad?

Finally, only the OL remained, after soloing the entire map. I was reading these forums on how to kill OL, when a 56 bird comes in with a pink sewer bow and says, "I will help you, stand back and don't come in the room, i solo this guy all the time." So, i'm thinking, great... because I don't think i can do it.

The 56 bird died 4 times. He left, came back, died two more times, left, came back, died one more time, and left never to return. So, I went back to reading the forums. I was hoping a group would form while I read the forums, but since it's 2am, nobody joined. (or possibly nobody joined because i smell bad)

Some people said on the forums that there is a "glitch" to exploit, but never really explained it. Some say run him past barrels and make them explode. Um, that's not happening, i can barely run without getting stuck on something. Finally, i decide my only options were to either quit or to run in and die trying. I bought one 1.5X armor elixir for 2000 gold, and just hacked him to death with my Limbchopper (yeah, i'm a str tank bird with 105 armor). I also used about 120 healing pots. It took about 7 minutes, the last two without the elixir. I think if I used the 7000 gold dumpster punch it would have been easier and twice as fast due to bigger hits.

Anyway, I'm actually disappointed it was so easy.

Is the rumor true that OL gets more difficult if there are more people in the room?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csb View Post
    Yey! I soloed OL with my 46 bird on the first try.
    Congratz !

Some people said on the forums that there is a "glitch" to exploit, but never really explained it.
    Once a time, if a player took aggro and exited room hiding in the left corner immediately outside, OL tried to reach him uselessly from inside, giving to other players the opportunity enter the room and to attack him without being hit. This "glitch" worked only while the "bait player" held the aggro. A few months ago the devs fixed the glitch, now if bait exit room it immediately looses aggro.

Anyway, I'm actually disappointed it was so easy.
    I'm going to try myself again, I'm curious about the destiny of the more changed boss of all times...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Solo Galactic Overlord

I solo'd the GOL on my first go with a 48 Bird, I pulled him out and backed him into a corner in the short corridoor, I received no damage but all my companions died in the first few seconds. Wierd!

First time posting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

In the future, please don't necro post (posting on pretty old threads, bring them back to the first page) as it is pretty frowned upon.

Welcome to the forums!