Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A modest proposal for gear/stats/etc for End Game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bglir View Post
    As a Player who is playing halfway across the globe having only luxury of 3G internet with a ping that will never ever experience green, i will still stay strength regardless what are the changes, some of players like me need to be strength not because we are lazy to master the int skills sets, its because we are darn slow and to squishy, 486+ average ping vs 50 average ping players is suicide, its like a Ferrari vs Toyota Prius, most players who have never experience the condition that we have here will always say bad things that we are useless and have no skills using str sets, i wish i live in Austin, Texas where the server is but than the reality is I have no luxury of a good ping and i'm just a useless unskilled strength Pro noob.
    I agree Str isnt Skill less But it does give a huge advantage over int.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice job! I like the ideas

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

As a Player who is playing halfway across the globe having only luxury of 3G internet with a ping that will never ever experience green, i will still stay strength regardless what are the changes, some of players like me need to be strength not because we are lazy to master the int skills sets, its because we are darn slow and to squishy, 486+ average ping vs 50 average ping players is suicide, its like a Ferrari vs Toyota Prius, most players who have never experience the condition that we have here will always say bad things that we are useless and have no skills using str sets, i wish i live in Austin, Texas where the server is but than the reality is I have no luxury of a good ping and i'm just a useless unskilled strength Pro noob.
    Can't argue with that Bg - It's definitely impossible to play INT mage without a stable, fast connection.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daueden View Post
    Why would bow focus on armor? shouldn't the bow focus more on damage.
    Oops sorry, should focus on damage. I was editing this and made a few errors, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bg too pro
    ---> Clintooo- 76 Archer / Clintosnoob- 76 Ranger <---
    ---> Clintofactooo- 76 Mage / Iflail- 76 Bear <---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Hey, i see you used the same "modest proposal" title like my thread ha ha

Nice ideas. There certainly could use some tweaking on those sets to help balance things out.
    EdtheEagle - Lvl 76 bird a.k.a. "Yeti fodder".
    Curiositee - Lvl 76 mage a.k.a. farmer alt
    Edthe Rhino - Lvl 76 Rhino / Gold Mule ha ha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

nice one Ghost.But just need a few things change like 2hand sword.Imo,we should put more defensive like more armor and dodge plus hit.Critical wont be a issue.for 1hand its should be more offensive like more hit but lower dodge and armor.More hp will more be good.the damage can remain same or reduce it at some point which all int and dex set can beat it.Just my opinion.I just want courage more people use 2hand str blade because seems people less use it even on PvE.Or not use it at all time.

Edit.
    Iforgot about debuff and buff skill.We should use attribute stats to make the debuff work properly in balancing pvp.Like this,when a bear put 157 rest dex,the debuff like hs should be lowered to 45% or less and the rage damage buff should be 45 or 60 damage.When bear put 300 str or pure,the hit less on hs should be 60% or more and the rage damage buff should be 90 damage or more.The more you put dex attributes on your toons,the less debuff damage and buff you got.I think the main attribute should be a backspine for skill to make PvP a balance one.And for PvE,I think it should be same too.Its because,idont see many player str escpecially bear use 2hand blade on PvP.This things same goes to mage,bird,fox and rhino.
    Last edited by Ks_Leon; 03-18-2014 at 11:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

@Chopper - Yeah dude, it's a nice title!

@Leon - Good insight. As for particular stats, I just threw some out. As long as 2 handed weapons focus on Offensive capabilties and 1 handed weapons focus on Defensive capabilities, then it would be much more balanced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

sts doesnt have time for this like other suggestions , they will just ignore it doe nice

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by quantionus:1527634
    sts doesnt have time for this like other suggestions , they will just ignore it doe nice
    You probably just don't want your savage nerfed and you're OPness to go away, don't you.
    They DO have time for this, but they don't do it because it does not produce as much profit as they would with AL.
    Sorry to de-rail Will.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caiahar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

I think that the 2h weapon should give the same amount of health as 1h+shield, but the armor on the 1h+shield is greater than 2h. The dmg on the 2h should be greater, also the hit and crit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

@Shadow - No need to apologize, I mean he does speak the truth afterall. This is all just for thought - a concept.

@Argy - You make a good point, I see what you mean.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX:1527847
    @Shadow - No need to apologize, I mean he does speak the truth afterall. This is all just for thought - a concept.

@Argy - You make a good point, I see what you mean.
    If there were some way to get more people into PL, that would be good. Currently, AL success over PL was mainly because of the population. Because of the large amount of population, devs decided to butter them up more, resulting in many updates.
    PL doesn't have as much, so devs dont bother working as their profit will be low with this population.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    You probably just don't want your savage nerfed and you're OPness to go away, don't you.
    They DO have time for this, but they don't do it because it does not produce as much profit as they would with AL.
    Sorry to de-rail Will.
    yawn pls nerf my savage , i never talked about if i want or not. I just said that its a good idea but sts will not consider this suggestion like others as they dont have time... Y r u trying to change the topic, such a dissappoinment of personality *face palm* anyways no need to make the thread close ima leave it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Nice idea Ghost, as usual, stg should hire you in PL dev team . You're very patient, you made tons of awesome suggest and devs/mods never took them in consideration or showed they do ( as far as what I remember ). And you continue!
    This would be perfect its just boring to fight only savage sets. Thats why I prefer 1suggest because savage would be more op than those specific stuff buffs.
    But if I stay realist, we can't for a lot in PL. Every updates makes game worth ( maybe a strategy to close game ), so imo StG should work on ONE nerf, rebalance or whatever you call it, instead of 3 useless updates.
    Last nerf was a great thing for endgame I think but twinks got affected way too hardly. Its just boring birds aren't playable on 50-61 range ( for I've tried ) so pls StG stop updates or work on ONE awesome update like what Ghost suggested.
    Bang Bang I shot you down
    Bang Bang you hit the ground
    Bang Bang that awful sound
    Bang Bang I used to shoot you down -Nancy Sinatra

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Lexlyde For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lexlyde View Post
    Nice idea Ghost, as usual, stg should hire you in PL dev team . You're very patient, you made tons of awesome suggest and devs/mods never took them in consideration or showed they do ( as far as what I remember ). And you continue!
    This would be perfect its just boring to fight only savage sets. Thats why I prefer 1suggest because savage would be more op than those specific stuff buffs.
    But if I stay realist, we can't for a lot in PL. Every updates makes game worth ( maybe a strategy to close game ), so imo StG should work on ONE nerf, rebalance or whatever you call it, instead of 3 useless updates.
    Last nerf was a great thing for endgame I think but twinks got affected way too hardly. Its just boring birds aren't playable on 50-61 range ( for I've tried ) so pls StG stop updates or work on ONE awesome update like what Ghost suggested.
    Thank you! Really appreciate it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

i like to add abit to the proposal for gear/stats, its good idea to make changes to balance gear/stats according to class so as to promote skills/team play and avoid depending op sets to win, but there will be another problem will come out, people will now will START to depend on 3pc rings, black dragons sets stats, humania face, egg and lastly the founders. with all that combine it will still be an OP issue, i admit i have all 4 of that minus the founders and going against a player with just a dragon ring is really easy, if i have founders i will be more of a advantage. i think we should look to all possible corners to iron out all the possibilities and balance the pvp properly than we can promote better skills to players old or new.

i left out the ping issue coz stg cannot help if you cannot get a good internet, i have a good internet and its fast to our standard here but as to other country ours is the slowest because we have a very tiny population and the money to support faster internet is not viable.
    Last edited by bglir; 03-20-2014 at 04:24 PM.

Git – Ssneakykills

20. The Following User Says Thank You to bglir For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

i like to add abit to the proposal for gear/stats, its good idea to make changes to balance gear/stats according to class so as to promote skills/team play and avoid depending op sets to win, but there will be another problem will come out, people will now will START to depend on 3pc rings, black dragons sets stats, humania face, egg and lastly the founders. with all that combine it will still be an OP issue, i admit i have all 4 of that minus the founders and going against a player with just a dragon ring is really easy, if i have founders i will be more of a advantage. i think we should look to all possible corners to iron out all the possibilities and balance the pvp properly than we can promote better skills to players old or new.

i left out the ping issue coz stg cannot help if you cannot get a good internet, i have a good internet and its fast to our standard here but as to other country ours is the slowest because we have a very tiny population and the money to support faster internet is not viable.
    Hmmmm what country?
    Nice thread ghost,
    Perfect way to nerf beckon stomp dex auto nub bears and create more diversity in the pvp community, however in low lvl pvp, I think the stats should be only a 10-15 dmg or armour boost or else it'll be very unbalanced.
    Wonderful idea, but as always sts looks through this, ignores it and works on al again.
    May I also add that gear isnt the only problem, class is a huge problem, each class should play a specific role:
    Bear-close ranged dmg dealer and tank, weakness:LOW DMG(no 60 dmg rage buff)
    Mage- Ranged support class and ranged dmg dealer, weakness: Low health points
    Bird- Fast ranged dps/dmg dealer, weakness: low defense
    Fox:Melee dps dealer, weakness: low defense
    Rhino: close ranged dmg dealer and support, weakness: low dmg
    If classes are like this, people will consider using their 2 class attributes( bird needs to be dex and int and fox needs to be dex and str though) and NOT just create 1 overpowered toon and beckon stomp

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Impact For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

I saw cold with a fiery set the other day

AL: BAT~HAM 0_O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in