Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Scorns AA: useful or harmful for allies?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Personally, I do not think that the AL community is mature enough to handle a pet like scorn. So, the ability should either be nerfed or changed so that it only affects yourself...not the members in the party. Perhaps, change it to something like:

Exchanges 50% of your own armor for a 20% damage boost to you and your teammates.
    I think 50% is way too high. I wouldn't mind exchanging 20% armor for only myself but 50% won't make it worth using at all.

I've been using his ability randomly while leveling and no one has been dying as a result. Not sure how this would work on elites tho. He worked really well for cracking the dragon egg before it hatches.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I really don't like this arcane ability. It is really crazy. I have to loose 400 armor for 45 damage -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Fire View Post
    I really don't like this arcane ability. It is really crazy. I have to loose 400 armor for 45 damage -.-
    yeah, I wouldn't recommend using him at end game. Losing 400 armor would mean a certain death for sure~
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Well that explains the crazy hits I've suffered on particular runs. I was a little confused as to why I could own a mob one run and the next it owned me.

So Scorn is like a gun, if you're careless with it you could kill your friends. If you're adept, you could be a hero. There's HUGE potential here! With Scorn in the wrong hands you'll just have to protect yourself. Don't go hunting with someone who misuses firearms - don't run with someone who misuses Scorn. If there's a problem, communicate or run with someone else. With a group who is all on the same page Scorn could be used to great advantage. Tanks should love him! When running solo, monkey ball for instance, there's no need bug your friends or wait on anyone, get stuck with pug leeches or spend 3 times as long killing mobs. If anyone can handle the armor loss and use the damage boost its tanks in normal maps.

So now that there's a pet that kills mana beggars... I want a pet that robs XP and drops from leeches. Or one that pushes scaredy-tanks to the front of the group.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

how we wish to kill those leechers warriors in pug map. they gains no aggro, and they will cock block the map till you finish it for them. It's not even mana beggars issue anymore.
    But using scorn (feeling the pun here), won't kill those you scorned, as the fact is scared pussĄ is hiding by a safe spot and will never draw any aggro. Did they transport from PL?
    Save the scorn for solo map and organized party.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Better use Orion. He provides +10% damage for 6 seconds, but with no armor reduction. Also applies debuffs on enemies and costs only 50k...
    Last edited by MoloToha; 03-20-2014 at 09:56 AM. Reason: typos

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #27
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

We're keeping an eye on this one. He is certainly designed to be a circumstantial pet, wherein the correct usage can make you the hero like Renorico says, or can make you the fool. There is a substantial potential for trolling however, so we're keeping an eye on it. If it gets out of hand we may need to make some changes, but they will be discussed before being made.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

when I was taking some aggro on the normal dragon's map, someone used scorn on me from afar and took down my armor and I died. This is indeed a dangerous pet and should only be used by a tank since they should be the one in control of when to take down the armor!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

lol Seems good for trolling

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk,Ign Tendirin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    We're keeping an eye on this one. He is certainly designed to be a circumstantial pet, wherein the correct usage can make you the hero like Renorico says, or can make you the fool. There is a substantial potential for trolling however, so we're keeping an eye on it. If it gets out of hand we may need to make some changes, but they will be discussed before being made.
    I think it's great to have a pet that you need to actually think to use, rather than just spam every time the button lights up. This pet has great potential.

Pethaps people should need a responsible user's license to own one. "Must be a beast whisperer to own scorn" might filter a lot of the misusers, although likely not the pvp trolls. But then they're going to troll/block/whatever with or without it, so really not a big difference either way.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Just wanna say I agree that anything that brings an additional element of thought to the game is a good thing. Spamming as an end all be all strategy is not good or fun...

As for one use for scorn, try Elite Cracked Egg. With a little bit of strategy mixed in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

since we now know that % damage doesnt stack i fell like scorn is useless. What happens when ur standing in a rogues smoke? we now know u don't get 40% damage, you stay at 20%. But what happens to the armor? I'd say no one, not even the devs, know.

Imo, skip this pet. It's not worth the trouble leveling. You would be better off with deary and it's +15 str, dex and int party buff.