Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Elite Underground Tombs Idea...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

This is a good idea, but I have a couple of questions:
    1) Isn't it better to replace elite lockeds with mythic and arcane shards? Of course, recipes for mythics and arcanes should be made as soon.
    2) Shouldn't it consist of only 1 level, with elite boss? For example, let's see at Kraken Mines. People don't run lvl1 and 2, only lvl3. The same thing can be here, people won't run 1-4 levels, only 5th one, so making it only 1-leveled would be quite reasonable.
    3) Should it be better than arena? I think, arena is the best place to farm elite chests. Let's imagine we have two equal parties. First farms arena, second farms elite dungeon. After hour of hard work, first party will kill ~20 bosses and get 5-6 goldens for a whole party. Second party will make 2-3 (assuming that elite dungeon is pretty hard) runs and get what? I think, loot table should be more various to be better than arena.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoloToha View Post
    This is a good idea, but I have a couple of questions:
    1) Isn't it better to replace elite lockeds with mythic and arcane shards? Of course, recipes for mythics and arcanes should be made as soon.
    2) Shouldn't it consist of only 1 level, with elite boss? For example, let's see at Kraken Mines. People don't run lvl1 and 2, only lvl3. The same thing can be here, people won't run 1-4 levels, only 5th one, so making it only 1-leveled would be quite reasonable.
    3) Should it be better than arena? I think, arena is the best place to farm elite chests. Let's imagine we have two equal parties. First farms arena, second farms elite dungeon. After hour of hard work, first party will kill ~20 bosses and get 5-6 goldens for a whole party. Second party will make 2-3 (assuming that elite dungeon is pretty hard) runs and get what? I think, loot table should be more various to be better than arena.
    Read again,you can't get to lvl 5 without running 1-4 every time

Sent from my Xperia U using Tapatalk 4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deathwraithx View Post
    Read again,you can't get to lvl 5 without running 1-4 every time

Sent from my Xperia U using Tapatalk 4
    Oh, then it definitely should have improved loot table, maybe, remove coppers and silvers. It would make no sense doing a 40 minute run and getting copper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoloToha View Post
    Oh, then it definitely should have improved loot table, maybe, remove coppers and silvers. It would make no sense doing a 40 minute run and getting copper.
    Its not so occasional that you run elite map ended up with nothing. Even arena doesnt guarantee 100% elite chest in a run you know, the party may end with so many shades. What makes it exciting is the "elite locked crate" and all the fun of the dungeon.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sceazikua For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Something that I thought of when coming up with this idea was to make us sorcerers useful again. In Shuyal Arena, sorcerers are pretty useless. There are no mobs for us to clear, and rogues are better at killing bosses and warriors are better at tanking. In most of the elite dungeons, rogues have a big advantage as can be seen from the timed runs leaderboard. This would be one rare elite dungeon where sorcerers would be the most useful class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,018 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Something that I thought of when coming up with this idea was to make us sorcerers useful again. In Shuyal Arena, sorcerers are pretty useless. There are no mobs for us to clear, and rogues
    are better at killing bosses and warriors are better at tanking. In most of the elite dungeons, rogues have a big advantage as can be seen from the timed runs leaderboard. This would be one rare elite dungeon where sorcerers would be the most useful class.

This exactly. Good ideas here.