Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Elite Underground Tombs Idea...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default Elite Underground Tombs Idea...

We haven't had any new tombs dungeons in a while, so here is a new idea...

Imagine an elite tombs underground dungeon, but instead of easy mobs like you have in other tombs dungeons, the mobs here are tougher.

You enter the dungeon on "level 1", you fight your way to the end, fight the mini-boss at the end, and then after beating the mini-boss, the doorway opens to descend down to "level 2". Level 2 has slightly tougher mobs than level 1, and the mini boss at the end of level 2 is also a bit tougher. After beating that mini-boss, the doorway opens to descend down to level 3, and so on...

You cannot teleport directly to the level of your choosing, you can only enter the dungeon at the beginning. The bottom level is level 5, and the boss at the end of level 5 is a really hard elite boss. Since this entire run is more time consuming and harder than other elite dungeons, the rewards are higher as this elite boss only drops elite chests -- no junk greens or purples. The drop table looks like this:

Common/White - Elite Copper Chest
    Rare/Green - Elite Silver Chest
    Epic/Purple - Elite Golden Chest
    Mythic/Orange - Elite Locked Crate (what is this?)

Elite Locked Crates are like Locked Grand Crates of the Watch, except for the following differences:

1) Elite Locked Crates contain 1 single item, not 3 items like Locked Grand Crates of the Watch

2) Elite Locked Crates are guaranteed to give a mythic or arcane item. Which Mythic or Arcane item is totally random, and obviously the chance of an arcane item is lower than the chance of a mythic. So you could end up with a level 26 mythic helm, or you could end up with an arcane shard.

3) Elite Locked Crates cost 100 plat to open (could be more maybe?)

4) Elite Locked Crates are tradable, so if you loot one and do not have the plat to open it, then you can sell it -- probably for a ton of gold

You will notice there is no legendary/pink item in the drop table. That is intentional. This way luck elixirs or leprechaun amulet will not help you re-roll to an Elite Locked Crate. You can re-roll to an Elite Silver Chest or to an Elite Golden Chest, but Elite Locked Crates will be a very rare item.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 03-19-2014 at 06:32 PM.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Yes, yes and yes again!
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

This could be lower hauntlet...

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orageunas For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

This gets me really excited

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

This is a really good idea Energizeric, thanks for sharing. With our plans of additional content and gear not tied directly to expansions, this idea fits well into that mentality.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    This is a really good idea Energizeric, thanks for sharing. With our plans of additional content and gear not tied directly to expansions, this idea fits well into that mentality.
    Yep this idea is awesome!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I love this idea as well since it necessitates a good party that is committed to a challenging endurance run.

An issue I could see is if a member DC's, then what? Can you invite members back in to your current map, or are you forced to continue down one player? Obviously, you don't want one or two person parties to push through to the final tomb, then invite a bunch of guildies which could flood the market, but you also have to protect them from DC's during this type of extended run.

Another thing is, I think the loot should scale up the further down the tombs you go. Perhaps, Tomb 1 gives out Elite Pirate Chests (Copper, Silver, Gold), Tomb 2 gives Elite Warchests, Tomb 3 gives Elite Puzzleboxes, Tomb 4 gives Elite Drakin Chests, and Tomb 5 gives Elite Drakin Chests with the chance of Elite Locked Crates.

It would be cool to reuse the themes of existing elites as you progress down these tombs. For instance, Tomb 1 would have elite mobs from Kraken, Tomb 2 has elite mobs from Nordr, Tomb 3 has elite mobs from Shuyal, Tomb 4 has elite mobs from Tindirin and Tomb 5 could be entirely unique, or could be a bunch of rooms/chambers with some of the toughest bosses in the game randomly selected (like the Arena), i.e., BloodHammer, Grimnr, Inanhesh, etc. This way, it would be suitably challenging, but the loot potential could offset the costs.

I figure that a complete run should take about 40-50 minutes; which will discourage all but the best and most hardcore players, and most importantly reward skill, teamwork and commitment, which is kind of lacking at the moment.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

I like the idea!! +1

One problem though - The elite crate will drop once very 5 runs with a reroll...So it shouldnt be able to reroll!
    Credits to Iady

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Cool beans.

It is another way of doing the Shuyal Gladiator Arena. The arena doesn't have the trash clearing, but it is a string of bosses with the big payoff at the end, so similar in that way. There are a lot of elements to look at with the idea and as Carapace says, it does fit into our methodology going forward.

Thanks very much for taking the time to write it out and suggest it.

Best regards,
    Samhayne
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    I like the idea!! +1

One problem though - The elite crate will drop once very 5 runs with a reroll...So it shouldnt be able to reroll!
    Yes, I realize that. Read the last paragraph in my post again.

Kind of like how in PL you could not re-roll a dragon item in Fang before they added epics to the drop table. If you have that gap of having no legendary items in the drop table, then you cannot re-roll a mythic.

Otherwise mythic items will become too plentiful.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 03-20-2014 at 03:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Very solid idea, Ener!

This right here is a hardcore farmers dream~
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  12.8 KB
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric:1530762
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    I like the idea!! +1

Yes, I realize that. Read the last paragraph in my post again.

Kind of like how in PL you could not re-roll a dragon item in Fang before they added epics to the drop table. If you have that gap of having no legendary items in the drop table, then you cannot re-roll a mythic.

Otherwise mythic items will become too plentiful.
    Yeah sry man, TL; DR but I gt the jist of it, it can be very fitting.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

definately looking foward to this day
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

This is a good idea, but I have a couple of questions:
    1) Isn't it better to replace elite lockeds with mythic and arcane shards? Of course, recipes for mythics and arcanes should be made as soon.
    2) Shouldn't it consist of only 1 level, with elite boss? For example, let's see at Kraken Mines. People don't run lvl1 and 2, only lvl3. The same thing can be here, people won't run 1-4 levels, only 5th one, so making it only 1-leveled would be quite reasonable.
    3) Should it be better than arena? I think, arena is the best place to farm elite chests. Let's imagine we have two equal parties. First farms arena, second farms elite dungeon. After hour of hard work, first party will kill ~20 bosses and get 5-6 goldens for a whole party. Second party will make 2-3 (assuming that elite dungeon is pretty hard) runs and get what? I think, loot table should be more various to be better than arena.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoloToha View Post
    This is a good idea, but I have a couple of questions:
    1) Isn't it better to replace elite lockeds with mythic and arcane shards? Of course, recipes for mythics and arcanes should be made as soon.
    2) Shouldn't it consist of only 1 level, with elite boss? For example, let's see at Kraken Mines. People don't run lvl1 and 2, only lvl3. The same thing can be here, people won't run 1-4 levels, only 5th one, so making it only 1-leveled would be quite reasonable.
    3) Should it be better than arena? I think, arena is the best place to farm elite chests. Let's imagine we have two equal parties. First farms arena, second farms elite dungeon. After hour of hard work, first party will kill ~20 bosses and get 5-6 goldens for a whole party. Second party will make 2-3 (assuming that elite dungeon is pretty hard) runs and get what? I think, loot table should be more various to be better than arena.
    Read again,you can't get to lvl 5 without running 1-4 every time

Sent from my Xperia U using Tapatalk 4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deathwraithx View Post
    Read again,you can't get to lvl 5 without running 1-4 every time

Sent from my Xperia U using Tapatalk 4
    Oh, then it definitely should have improved loot table, maybe, remove coppers and silvers. It would make no sense doing a 40 minute run and getting copper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoloToha View Post
    Oh, then it definitely should have improved loot table, maybe, remove coppers and silvers. It would make no sense doing a 40 minute run and getting copper.
    Its not so occasional that you run elite map ended up with nothing. Even arena doesnt guarantee 100% elite chest in a run you know, the party may end with so many shades. What makes it exciting is the "elite locked crate" and all the fun of the dungeon.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Sceazikua For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Something that I thought of when coming up with this idea was to make us sorcerers useful again. In Shuyal Arena, sorcerers are pretty useless. There are no mobs for us to clear, and rogues are better at killing bosses and warriors are better at tanking. In most of the elite dungeons, rogues have a big advantage as can be seen from the timed runs leaderboard. This would be one rare elite dungeon where sorcerers would be the most useful class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Maybe instead of having regular elite chests as the common/rare/epic drops you could instead have special elite chests that only drop from that specific dungeon, and have them contain unique legendary gear? This might help avoid the problem of doing a 40 minute run and coming out with a few commons and rates worth 10k or so (I don't know the price ranges of elite chests ._.). Also, this idea is brilliant, and so are you.

Edit: Of course, for this to work mobs couldn't drop chests.
    Last edited by bramer; 03-21-2014 at 04:53 PM.
    Let's make kids