Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tradeable upgraded mythics?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Default Tradeable upgraded mythics?

Ive seen many people asking their upgraded mythic armor and helm to be tradeable in many threads, but why do they demand such thing?

-First, anyone can only do it ONCE, which means a person can only carry 1 mythic set. It was meant to be like that. Theres also an AP and a questline behind it. For example if one buys your mythic set, they cant complete the questline to get the AP? Its pointless.

-Second, dont you guys know how many sets are out there in use? Lets say only 1000 sets have been upgraded. If you dont need it then who will? It will destroy the price of the unupgraded mythics just for your personal desir to get minimum money back because it will sure flood the market. If you guys dont need it, who will want to buy and use it if they were obsolete? How much will you (even) get back? 100k? people will be mad if they flood the market and just ruin the price of mythic helms/armors they are selling. And the real numbers of the upgraded sets are of course a lot higher than 1000, you know ...

-Third, why cant you see that the sets arent obsolete this season yet? They are still best, and may (if devs buff the set that it may have actual buyers) only lose the "super duper hard to get" legendary magma set that can only be obtained by dragkin teeth? OK now you want to sell the upgraded mythic set and buy the conquistador gear that gives same armor but less stat and 20 damage less each until you farmed enough teeth for magma? Thats one smartest move Ive ever seen. Its nonsense.

Think outside of the box before you ask for it please!

Suggestion to solve this problem that the mythic sets may be obsolete in the future is to turn it into something that will be gone after usage, like a unique egg that can only be obtained by exchanging the mythic sets. This will lead to a mass decrease in amount of mythic armors and helms because everyone wants the unique pet (maybe not very unique when everyone has it already but its only obtained in 1 way so...), while enjoying the cool new pet It may raise up the value of the unupgraded sets a bit, not falling steadily like this
    This suggestion Ive been repeating for a very long time but the devs dont seem to have heard this
    Last edited by Sceazikua; 03-20-2014 at 09:20 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sceazikua For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Meeh, it would be better if it is tradable, the price will not drop at all...it's a mythic set...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

how about upgraded mythic will be upgraded again and also each
    season(or2) ? LOL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aliliam View Post
    Meeh, it would be better if it is tradable, the price will not drop at all...it's a mythic set...
    Did you even read my second reason up there? You do realize what matters is that this is when the mythic sets are not the best in quality and in quanity there are thoundsands out there dont you? In season 2 (?) DWS was the best weapon for warrior, but it drops easily from lockeds and it floods the market, so they were worth thoundsands of gold each. That was "best quality flooded quanity". Now the mythic sets are "not best quality flooded quanity", who will buy it now? It will destroy the market of mythics even more than now, LOL. Think outside of the box pls! I know you guys want to make even a bit pocket money of 100k or 50k, but dont be selfish and desire-ful!

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    how about upgraded mythic will be upgraded again and also each
    season(or2) ? LOL.
    No it should not. That makes the chain endless, and it will make the new legendary gear useless like in shuyal season where people just go around in the mythic set that they were using previously. Now there are so many, people never use the legendaries anymore if they had the best set already all the time. That doesnt sound cool, isnt it?
    Last edited by Sceazikua; 03-20-2014 at 11:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,018 Posts

Lots of posts regarding this. You went on an epic journey to craft your mythic set, how would it fit into the storyline if they were made tradable? It just doesn't make sense. They are being nice and slowly releasing new upgraded armor giving you time to adjust to the fact your mythic will eventually be obsolete.

It's pretty amazing the set is still relevant now.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Lots of posts regarding this. You went on an epic journey to craft your mythic set, how would it fit into the storyline if they were made tradable? It just doesn't make sense. They are being nice and slowly releasing new upgraded armor giving you time to adjust to the fact your mythic will eventually be obsolete.

It's pretty amazing the set is still relevant now.
    Thats exactly what I mean! People just wanted to make some little money like 100k and dont even think about the current market of the unupgraded mythic sets.
    And in my third point, I stated how pointless it is to sell the mythic set to nerf yourself and wait till you got the magma set. Its nonsense but people are asking for it ...

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aliliam View Post
    wtf?
    Mythic set wont be tradeable << Confirmed by Carapace
    MYTHIC UPGRADED WONT BE TRADEABLE, thats it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sceazikua View Post
    Thats exactly what I mean! People just wanted to make some little money like 100k and dont even think about the current market of the unupgraded mythic sets.
    And in my third point, I stated how pointless it is to sell the mythic set to nerf yourself and wait till you got the magma set. Its nonsense but people are asking for it ...
    Agree, only stupid ppls want mythic set tradeable..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeusblade View Post
    Agree, only stupid ppls want mythic set tradeable..
    It is their fault to upgrade it into what you called "god" set in pvp 36.but,time changes it isnt the best anymore,now they want some refund after they got "god" set in pvp 36 useless?+1 with you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I just want devs make a new storyline quest to make it Uller / Himmingleva / Vili sets upgradeable into lv41

That would be awesome news if it really happens ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

I dont think it is their fault, they just followed the storyline I heard somewhere that STS regretted ever letting us upgrade mythics, and the my suggested sollution to this is make them gone forever and never let us upgrade mythics anymore By making the sets gone, no more upgrade chain from it, and you can keep this "mistake" not happen in the future For the community, having a free cool unique pet is awesome if my idea was implemented! And about those who tried hard (including used plat) to get grand gems on them, well the set is still among the (if not the) best gear this extremely long expansion, so they have time to be on top, the sets wont become worthless in any recent day

Btw I just thought of another con for endless upgrade chain beside destroying the legendary's value. For example if someone who quitted at lvl 31 cap with the mythic set already, at lvl 46 (?) there had been 3 upgrade chains already and its hard to understand that they can get the best gear rather than selling it, especially at the first chain where they dont know about the hermit

Edit: I just listed a con at a previous post, capolista. They will destroy the legendary's value and make people bored because they had the best set of gear right from the start already. I know you only want yourself to still be strong without spending a penny, but thats selfish you know. Getting the best stuff requires hard work (magma?), not just a "I have the set from lvl 31 now its lvl 41 its still the best and all legendaries are junk comparing to it"
    Last edited by Sceazikua; 03-21-2014 at 07:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Capolista View Post
    I just want devs make a new storyline quest to make it Uller / Himmingleva / Vili sets upgradeable into lv41

That would be awesome news if it really happens ...
    Awesome news? No, it just ruin the game...
    Last edited by Xeusx; 03-21-2014 at 08:10 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I'm leaning towards the idea of not trading these upgraded armors, and I don't have the set yet but I'm going to try to do it. In another game I played there was a similar situation, except the quest line never ends. It's also really difficult to get get all of the items for each upgrade and it is the best gear to obtain. Of course there was the option of other gear, which would probably be like our legendary gear. With each update each option for gear improved, but the upgraded quest gear was always the best in the long term. Unless you dedicated your time to the game there was no 'easy' way to upgrade said gear...it was meant to take weeks or months. Only hard work and patience. The only drawback of a never ending quest line situation in AL is that the quest/mythic gear didn't start from a quest but rather from crates. It's a cool idea, but it should be a time consuming process with key components of upgrade materials coming from boss drops, etc.

Also, the ability to upgrade quest gear is what fueled the economy in that game. The problem was that the bosses were open world and not dungeons like here. So basically you have higher level players camping and farming the low level bosses for material drops and selling to newer players. It also stunted newer players growth in the process since they could never attack the bosses and had to pay other players, but we wouldn't have that problem in AL since its not an open world. Just an economy focussed on the trading of materials I guess.
    Last edited by frostine; 03-21-2014 at 08:14 AM.

AL - Frostine: Sorcerer | | | PL - Frostine: Ench (70)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

People need a reason to farm the upcoming 41 zone elites. Making them tradable would kill a large part of elite farming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

I can never understand why people want to use the same gear season after season. The thing I look forward to the most with new expansions is the new gear.

Mythic armor has been out for way too many seasons now. If it was upgraded again then the new gear wouldn't be worth farming like last seasons gear. If you've had that armor for multiple seasons already you got your use out of them. If you recently invested in them, enjoy them while they are still good. They are cheap now compared to when they were released.

Just remember it could always be worse. You could have spent 15 million gold on the level 36 mythic staff only to have a level 41 legendary gun give the same damage and get released at the beginning of the next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

magma set is junk comparing to mythic set. thinking to buy mythjc set and upgrade it instead of farminh tooths in boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

So because its "junk" we should let mythics upgradeable again so next expansion's is also "junk" like this? There has been a discussion that STS should buff the magma set to be the best this season, so it may have actual buyers. The set that is bought for hundreds of hard worked teeth should not be worse than what people have been using for months. And have you forgotten about "staggering item"? If the magma set isnt the best this season, there is a big room of possibilities out there. Mythics should never be upgraded, not in the past not in the future. It is pointless to ask for another upgrade chain and make another expansion's legendary "junk", as you described. LOL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Agreed, upgraded mythics should not become tradeable, nor should they be upgraded again.

However, I believe they should still be lootable. Not from crates (when lvl 41 mythics come out), though, but from the elite gold pirate chests and elite gold warchests. This way, those maps don't become completely ignored in the future AND we'll still need those original mythic items for newer players to be able to do the questline that goes for the achievement--the quest is a nice chunk of AP.
    Only those who risk going past the edge will find out how far they can go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal:1532030
    magma set is junk comparing to mythic set. thinking to buy mythjc set and upgrade it instead of farminh tooths in boss.
    We dont know the dragon scale set stats yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    The magma set is gonna be a vanity armor just like the weapon you get from teeth. We have to see what the stats on the elite dropped gear are. I bet it will be comparable to mythic armor.