Thread: [POST-Forg] L26 Mage Mini-Guide!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default [POST-Forg] L26 Mage Mini-Guide!

INTRO: Hello everyone i'm coming with you all today with my first ever guide. I know l26 mage guides have been done before but most of the builds/strategies are outdated. I've also pvped for a super long time at 26. To be exact i played 25 pvp literally MINUTES after the pvp update was released. So i'm guessing i'm one of the first 26 pvpers. O.o

Okay so here comes my very first guide... DRUM ROLE PLEASE!

Table Of Contents:
    I: What Stats To Use
    II: Gear
    III: Skill Build
    IV: Combos
    V: Strategies
    VI: Conclusion

I: First of all this all your choice, but I recommend FULL dex for fbow(IMO its' better) or 35 int rest dex for a paw(more tanky).

II: Fbow loudout: l25-26 PINK fbow(if you can't afford then buy purple), l25 dex or int halloween helm, l25 dex or int halloween mantle, 2 hit and 10 dmg ring, if you're not using a pink fbow then use the Dark Elf face(blue), if you are using a pink fbow use Fierce face.

For a more tanky loudout (usually vs a mage that hits very hard): L25 purple/pink monkey paw, 2 hit and 8 armor ring, Dark Elf face, l25 dex or int halloween helm, l25 dex or int halloween mantle, and l25 evidence bracer(buy a crystalline/earthquake wing if you can't afford bracer).

III: There are 2 skill builds that I find most effective: 6 bom 6 bov 6 lightning 3 heal 1 frost 1 fire 1 drain 1 mana shield(better for beating mages/talon bears).
    Second skill build: 6 bom 5 bov 6 lightning 3 fire 2 heal 1 frost 1 drain 1 mana shield(better for killing fbow bears, also can kill mages but will be just a little bit tougher).

IV: Combo vs mages(both builds): buffs-ice-lightning-fire-heal-drain-ms(try to drain right after the other mage drains).
    Combo vs bears(the 1 fire build): lightning-fire-ice-heal-drain when needed-ms when u know you will die.
    Combo vs bears(the 3 fire build): USE THE FIRE'S 10M TO YOUR ADVANTAGE - Fire-ice-heal-wait for lightning-ice-lightning-fire-heal-drain(the bear should be dead here, if not then keep going and use ms when u get down to 3/10 hp.
    Combo vs rhinos: when they charge at u use fire-lightning-ice-heal-drain and keep them far.
    Combo vs foxes: Same as rhino but a little harder cause these foxes can nuke u pretty hard if they have the hammer plat pack (which is 99% of foxes at this lvl).
    Combo vs birds: it will be a very rare occurrence to see a bird at this lvl now a days so u will be able to kill them easily cause they don't nuke hard at all anymore. BUT if facing a L30 bird use mana shield after they hit blast shot and continue to hit heal and lightning fast(that's pretty much all you need to know).

V: Tips vs mages: use the combo from above and use skills as quickly as possible in any order after they cool down, and if you're getting low hp go into 8m(10m for the 3 fire build) and use fire-ice then run back and keep healing quickly. If this fails to work the just use ms and keep nuking as fast as possible.
    Tips vs bears: keep distance from the bear so they can't continue to hit crushing blow and keep healing AFTER they use hellscream.
    Tips vs rhinos: when they charge at u use fire lightning ice heal drain and keep them far.
    Tips vs foxes: same as rhino but a little harder cause these foxes can nuke u pretty hard if they have the hammer plat pack (which is 99% of foxes at this lvl).
    Tips vs birds: it will be a very rare occurrence to see a bird at this lvl now a days so u will be able to kill them easily cause they don't nuke hard at all anymore. BUT if facing a L30 bird use mana shield after they hit blast shot and continue to hit heal and lightning fast.

VI: So thank you all for reading my very first guide and please if you find any typos please let me know by a forums PM(just easier for me ;P). L26 pvp is starting to die a little and there aren't too many oldies/pros here anymore. And if anyone would like any help in game then send me a pm on the forums. I don't want to give away my ign in this thread because I like to rush a lot(don't hate). I just find the "go" system boring and it takes too long to get kills.

-Afbeast Out!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Afbeast For This Useful Post: